Forum: Advice / GLBT PG-13

bisexual, scared when it comes to relationships with same gender
By LyricalLadii04
On Sat Aug 19, 2006 09:03 PM
Edited by Lirit (28370) on 2006-09-10 12:49:19 Please use more descriptive titles. Please help doesn't give anyone any idea of what you need help with.

Im bi and i've known for sure since about a year ago maybe. Overall im usually happy as a single bisexual and have been in one relatonship with each gender. Im pretty equal towards both. It varies who i like more but it evantually evans out. I experienced some homophobia but overcame it in one piece and for months i've been proud of it. Its been months since my last relationship and I was kinda talking to some girl the other day. I think she might like me and realized I cant see her in a relationship way. I dont know her to well so i can always give it more time to see how I feel but anyway I dont feel im ready to jump into another relationship with a girl but is that normal to feel scared when it comes to relationships?
and because I felt like that I went from this proud single bisexual to not so proud anymore . .like I know im still bisexual I have years of feelings and all that so I know but I feel like im scared and possibly avoiding my feelings towards girls because I might be scared to be in a relationship or also that im not attracted to her
I mean I think of a girl I would want to date and all but I havent found that in awhile . .even with guys I havent found someone I wanted to be with . .so I dont know its almost like im giving up . .idk

is this normal or has anyone else been through this? I dont know anybody else to ask

2 Replies to bisexual, scared when it comes to relationships with same gender

re: GLBT please help
By pinktutu
On Mon Aug 21, 2006 02:06 AM
I underatand what your going through. I am also bisexual and sometimes I go through these bouts of not liking anyone just feeling attracted to anyone and not really feeling like I want to be in a relationship. I dont think it has much to do with being bisexual I think what people want changes and people dont always want to be involved with someone. And about being scared I think it can be an uneasy thing starting a new relationship I personally think its normal and nothing to worry about unless is so severe you cant even deal with the idea of a relationship. Id say just relax and see what feelings arise about this girl and just let things happen as they might.
re: GLBT please help
By aStarForTrying
On Thu Aug 24, 2006 06:14 PM
I agree with Pinktutu just relax and go with the flow see how you feel about her after you guys spend a bit more time together if it works out then great...if not then at least you tried.

As for the whole not being attracted to anyone right now I dont think its coz you are Bi, at some point in everyones life there are those times when you just cant be bothered or you havent met the right person yet...

I am kinda seeing someone at the moment and although I have been with alot of girls I have never really had a proper relationship with one, I have alot of mixed emotions at the moment and being in any relationship can be scary doesnt matter who it is...

So I am happy to report Lyrical that what you're feeling right now is so normal lol :)

ReplySendWatch