Forum: Folk / African Dance

African Dance
Is it too late to learn?
By MissRabbit Comments: 7, member since Tue Aug 15, 2006
On Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:45 AM

Hi. I wanted to know if its too late for me to learn african dance. I dance already, hip hop, modern, etc.. but mainly ona hip hop level and i know the style of african dance. My cousins are african dancers as well so they rub off alot.

If i wanted to go to a class or school, would it be too late for me to learn it. I am 25. Im a very quick learner too.. I pretty much have the concept but would rather take more classes to get better.

6 Replies to Is it too late to learn?

re: Is it too late to learn?
By seannettaPremium member Comments: 2312, member since Fri Jul 28, 2006
On Wed Aug 30, 2006 02:47 PM
It's never too late to learn any kind of dance, African included. Everyone's body moves differently and has different capabilities, but we can all adapt to new styles. And with your previous experience it sounds like you have a leg up on most, anyway. You'll do fine.
By Proud_Mama Comments: 104, member since Sun Jan 29, 2006
On Thu Aug 31, 2006 03:39 PM
I agree with seannetta, it's never too late to learn. And I think it might even be easier for you because you have other dance styles under your belt already. It's a lot of energy and a lot of fun! good luck!
By adamce Comments: 3, member since Sat Jun 10, 2006
On Sun Oct 01, 2006 02:19 AM
There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them, so dont worry, just dance.
By JULIEWONG Comments: 21, member since Sun Oct 08, 2006
On Mon Oct 09, 2006 02:17 AM
I agree that it's never too late to learn! In many cultures, it is normal for people to dance all their lives -- they don't just leave it to the experts!
Ditto!
By NayMarie6 Comments: 36, member since Mon Sep 18, 2006
On Tue Oct 17, 2006 06:55 PM
It's never to late to learn... plus you're 25, not 52... and even if you were, dancing makes you younger and keeps your body lively! There are 70 year olds who are more flexible and have better extentions than us New School people. Better yourself and expand your talents as long as you can!
Ditto!
By NayMarie6 Comments: 36, member since Mon Sep 18, 2006
On Tue Oct 17, 2006 06:57 PM
It's never to late to learn... plus you're 25, not 52... and even if you were, dancing makes you younger and keeps your body lively! There are 70 year olds who are more flexible and have better extentions than us New School people. Better yourself and expand your talents as long as you can!

ReplySendWatch