Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Competitions

competition team...how does it work?
By L_VAN
On Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:24 PM

I was curious to see how each studio sets requirements and rules for their team. How many hours a week are required, attendance, dress code, etc. anything.

4 Replies to competition team...how does it work?

re: competition team...how does it work?
By Chels_xo
On Wed Oct 11, 2006 05:10 PM
its all different for me. i have to drive an hour to get to my studio so i cram all my hours in on weekends.. our dress code is probably the same as any other team just leotard with shorts over it and hair pulled back :)
By JazzyTapper64member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Oct 13, 2006 03:49 PM
My team isn't that competitive or strict, so we have one competition class per week (for each style, so I have one tap competition class and one jazz competition class). However, everyone also takes normal dance classes as well as the competition classes, but that's the only time we meet to go over our competition dances and such. Our dress code is pretty relaxed, most people wear a dance shirt/t-shirt with jazz pants/capris/shorts or a leotard and tights with shorts and a camisole/t-shirt over it. Pretty much the only requirements are for your hair to be pulled back and no jeans and such.
By alexa_rae
On Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:43 PM
My studio is pretty relaxed too. I was given a list of the classes she wants me to take, but since I work far away I can only dance on the weekends....

I have to take like 3 classes of tap, one of jazz and one turns class. Plus I take a ballet, but that's not cause I have to...
By shelabbyuk
On Wed Nov 29, 2006 06:10 AM
my studio hardly ever goes through our groups. We rehearse them every other friday I would say for about 2 hours! And we have to keep going through them until we are all the same lol! You can imagine the sweat!!! Ugh! lol and about uniform we just have to wear our leotards with either black jazz pants or shorts! oh and the hair has to be off the face!!!! That's not really that strict is it??? xxx

ReplySendWatch