Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

Looking for new moves!
By UhOhSpaghettiosmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Sep 04, 2006 07:22 PM

My school has a dance team that ALWAYS uses the same moves. They may add in one or two new ones a year (or so it seems), but there's ALWAYS the same elements and moves in every dance, which gets quite boring to watch on their 'Dance Team Night'.

Now, I'm not on their dance team; I tried out and missed it by 4 points, along with another girl, who had lessons for a year (because we FINALLY got a dance teacher in town, but she doesn't take anyone who is in high school or older, so I missed out.) But we want to choreograph a song that we can dance to so we have a fighting chance to get on next year- so we're looking for new moves!

Do you have any favorite moves? Mini-routines? Really good stretches and things to work on this year? (If you have pictures or videos to guide us through, that would be amazing!)

6 Replies to Looking for new moves!

re: Looking for new moves!
On Sun Sep 10, 2006 01:51 PM
Anyone? I'd really appreciate some advice! Even if it was something small, I'd take anything!
By Joaniemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Sep 10, 2006 03:40 PM
why dont you try looking at halloffamedance.com and other dance sites with videos and try to find some cute little moves for inspiration
On Sun Sep 10, 2006 06:06 PM
I have- I especially like the Beyonce one, it's just the sort of thing I'm looking for. Are there any more sites like that out there?
On Tue Sep 12, 2006 09:23 AM
showstopperonline.com amd ,aybe try music videos that might help too
On Tue Sep 12, 2006 04:41 PM
Thank you so much, Joanie! :) I'll definatly check the showstopperonline website! And I'll keep my eye out for fun moves on music videos. Thanks again!
On Sun Oct 22, 2006 07:38 PM
Your welcome!

ReplySendWatch