Forum: Arts / Image Editing

Image Editing
People, please pay attention. Want to know why your photo isnt edited the best? (karma: 4)
By Deus_Ex_Machinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3917, member since Tue May 13, 2003
On Mon Sep 04, 2006 08:09 PM
Edited by Arecibo (64891) on 2006-09-04 20:13:47
Edited by Arecibo (64891) on 2006-09-04 20:14:39
Made sticky by Lirit (28370) on 2006-09-14 21:34:19

Because you are submitting sub-par photo quality photos!

When the images you post are pixel size 600 x 600 (web size)and or poor photo clarity we editors have a very difficult time editing your photos! An image the size of 600 x 600 (and i usually see smaller on here..) is extremely difficult to zoom in on in our editing programs to fix colors, red eye, blimishes, dis-coloration etc.. We end up trying to have to work with pixel squares instead of smooth lines.

This (along with poor editing skills i see with some amiture editors on here) also makes your photo difficult to extract (remove the background) your image.

Please, I implore you, post better quality photos if you want them edited well.

Now....how to post atleast a deacent quality photo that you wanted edited.

1- remove your images off your digital camera.
2- dont resize or scale down your image size AT ALL!
3- upload your image to your hosting site. I reccomend Photobucket or picsplace.to . . . there is no sign up required for the link i gave.
4- TRY to use the "edit this for me" sticky. If for some reason you cant, make a thread with NO image attached and either give the link to where your image is hosted OR put your image INSIDE the thread. We can right click and save from there and work with that alot easier.

Now, because i dont want to hear people whinning about not knowing how to upload a photo IN a thread, here is how you do it:

the html code is:

[image="www.yourimagesite.com"] (minus the quotations)

Very simple people.

Do those simple things and i promise the quality, artistry and over all appearence of your image will improve greatly.

4 Replies to People, please pay attention. Want to know why your photo isnt edited the best?

re: People, please pay attention. Want to know why your photo isnt edited the best?
By Claritinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2100, member since Tue Aug 30, 2005
On Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:35 PM
I haven't even tried editing half the stuff on here because of the size.
But yes, you're right. Everyone's pictures will look a million times better if we got higher resolution images.
re: People, please pay attention. Want to know why your photo isnt edited the best?
By codeimagine Comments: 66, member since Fri Nov 18, 2005
On Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:20 PM
I do have some ability to do those, but otherwise yes... it is really hard to edit them.
re: People, please pay attention. Want to know why your photo isnt edited the best? (karma: 1)
By Tom99uk2003member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1725, member since Mon Feb 02, 2004
On Mon Nov 06, 2006 07:59 PM
Hi

well said.

I don't edit as many pics on here now due to the fact that I was spending most of my time trying to fix the quality instead of being creative.

The bigger the better and yes size does matter :D

;)

Tom
By happeningfish Comments: 153, member since Sat Apr 28, 2007
On Fri Jul 20, 2007 01:12 PM
Also, when taking a photo, it really, REALLY helps if you don't cut off your subject - i.e. YOU! If we lose half of one foot, or the hand, it really limits what another person can do to edit it.

Good post!

ReplySendWatchDraw