Forum: General / dance.net salutes

Page:
Page 6 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
re: What is a Salute and how do I get the Salute Eye Icon?
By dancingbeth Comments: 2252, member since Sat Jul 09, 2005
On Sat Jul 23, 2005 04:35 AM
I just wondered if anyone could pm me because Im having trouble posting my salute as it is too large and I don't know how to make it smaller. Thanks!

Beth :D
By LilLeprechaunmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 313, member since Wed Oct 06, 2004
On Sun Aug 07, 2005 09:10 AM
how do i get the eye though? like do i get it after i post my picture or what? does a moderator have to approve it? please explain!
Rachel
By Katja144member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3223, member since Sat Jul 30, 2005
On Tue Aug 23, 2005 08:28 PM
I'm still just a bit confused. Okay, a lot confused...stupid questions forthcoming.

I would rarely post pictures anyway, and if I did, 99% of them wouldn't be of me anyway--it'd be more along the lines of "look at this cool picture I found" or whatever. However, I have been wanting lately to post a picture of my feet, but as I don't like having my face on the internet I wasn't about to post a picture of my face just so I could post a picture of my feet, y'know? Would I still have to have a face salute to do that? Or would I have to have something like a FEET salute (although I think a lot of feet look like a lot of other feet)??

And if I didn't need a salute to post pictures not of me/of my feet/whatever, what does that mean for forums that say one has to have their eye to post ANY pictures?

Can I get around the whole thing by just posting a link to a picture rather than actually putting it into my post?

TIA...
By stardancer488 Comments: 31, member since Sat Feb 21, 2004
On Sun Sep 04, 2005 03:02 PM
Question: I do NOT plan on posting pictures of myself but want to post a "watermark" tutorial I just made, to try and help other people put "subtle" but noticiable watermarks on there images due to recent events.

I don't like posting my images online...maybe a mod can post it for me? Or give me privledges to just post for today to get this up? If this is not allowed, i'll just do the salute because I really do hope this watermark helps though I could post it here first if you want...just let me know. =/

Thanks a lot,
Stardancer488 // Amber
By deadilymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 585, member since Sat Apr 09, 2005
On Wed Sep 07, 2005 01:21 PM
thanks for letting us know.il put my picture up.xXx jordan
By DancingJessimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 573, member since Sun Jul 24, 2005
On Sun Sep 18, 2005 08:08 PM
hi
everytime i try to upload my salute it makes it my avatar. is that supposed to happen because i cant see any other way to put m salute on here. please help me! thanks

DancingJessi
how do i get the eye icon
By funkybabemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 183, member since Thu Sep 29, 2005
On Sun Oct 16, 2005 05:40 AM
i have posted my salute im not sure if has worked as i have
no eye icon yet.
xxxaimee
By reel_blondie26member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1384, member since Mon Jun 27, 2005
On Thu Oct 20, 2005 06:02 AM
what happens if you can't uplaod a pic but can use photobucket?
What is Salute and how do I get the Salute Eye Icon?
By brebre1 Comments: 102, member since Thu Jun 16, 2005
On Mon Oct 24, 2005 05:06 PM
Where do you post your salute?
By ballerinamum Comments: 442, member since Fri Oct 14, 2005
On Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:24 AM
If I want to send pictures of my daughter, who's face should be at the salute ? Mine (as member) or my daugther ?
By xo0_beckole_0oxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 144, member since Sun Aug 28, 2005
On Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:25 PM
I've posted a salute and I was just wondering how long it will take (if I get an eye icon) to get it? Please PM and tell me please please! Thanks for your help!
Becky xx
By weeasomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 52, member since Fri Oct 14, 2005
On Sun Jan 01, 2006 06:48 AM
how do i post my photo on to dance net salute
By NinaBallerina021 Comments: 420, member since Sun Nov 27, 2005
On Mon Jan 02, 2006 03:03 PM
This gives me a reason to finally understand my digital camera!
By Pink_Peppermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 978, member since Sat Dec 17, 2005
On Sat Jan 07, 2006 08:49 PM
for some reason... I didn't get the icon or get moved to reject... it was just floating there.... so I'll post a new one tomorrow...I'd like to know what happened, though.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sat Jan 07, 2006 08:57 PM
Ok, I'll try to run down as many of these as I can:

~If you don't want your face online, but want to just cover your bases and get a eye-con anyway, read the instructions on posting a body salute. It allows you to freely post photos, but you have to cover your face in your photos, which is fine.

~You are not able to hotlink your salute. It must be uploaded to the dance.net server. If you click "Post", there's a tan box with instructions for how to upload.

~If you are uploading a salute, and it makes it your avatar, you aren't uploading the salute to the right place. Try again.

~When you post a salute, allow a day or two for the salute to be accepted. You'll know if it got accepted, because you'll see the eye-con beside your name. If it didn't get accepted, you'll get a PM stating that your salute was moved to "Invalid Salutes". If a couple of days have passed, and you got neither, mod report your salute to us, and ask us, NICELY, if we'll take a look at it.

Alright, that answers a few questions...

t
By Katja144member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3223, member since Sat Jul 30, 2005
On Tue Jan 10, 2006 09:37 PM
hehe, eye-con.

Thanks, that was helpful.
By Nikiyafish Comments: 27, member since Sun Jan 15, 2006
On Sun Jan 22, 2006 09:23 PM
Ok, I understand the reasons for this and I think its a great idea, but I have a question.

On this post it says "You don't have to salute if you don't want to" however on the member photos board it says "You must post a salute before you post photos". Which is it?

All my pictures are of my feet, taken by me in my living room. I don't want to post my face, just so I can post photos of my feet.
By LISA4member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1420, member since Mon Oct 24, 2005
On Mon Jan 30, 2006 05:50 PM
Hiya I posted my salute but I still havnt got my eye icon :(
Did I do it wrong ?
luv millie jo
x
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Wed Feb 01, 2006 03:13 PM
You HAVE to post a salute before posting photos of yourself. Period.

(The post that says that that's not the case is about 30 seconds from being taken down)

t
Salute
By Leslie1 Comments: 203, member since Mon Jun 13, 2005
On Mon Feb 06, 2006 07:20 AM
I am uncertain how to send in the salute picture. Can you guide me thru the process I understand what has to be in the picture. But how and who do I post it too
By Danceworkz_Chickmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1204, member since Mon May 09, 2005
On Fri Feb 24, 2006 06:49 PM
i was just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes from posting your salute to getting your eye. xx thanks
By funkybabemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 183, member since Thu Sep 29, 2005
On Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:30 AM
hiya
i hope you can help me
i have done a sulute months
ago and ive been posting
pictures but i have never had the eye
now i cant post photos on disco members
but can post on the rest. i have posted
a new salute but i still have no eye can you help
please.
xxaimee
By annabanana0921member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 145, member since Fri Aug 26, 2005
On Sat Mar 11, 2006 09:25 PM
how long does it take for a salute to be like i dunno the word lol

how long will it be before i can post pictures?
By keyleymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 109, member since Mon Mar 13, 2006
On Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:37 AM
hi
dont know how to become a full member could someone please tell me!
keyley x
By GyMnAsT_15 Comments: 42, member since Sun Mar 05, 2006
On Wed Mar 15, 2006 09:32 AM
Thanks you have helped a lot before i had no idea what people were on about when they talked about salutes but know i think understand everything
Thanks
Katie
xox
Page:
Page 6 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ReplySendWatch