Forum: General / dance.net salutes

Page:
Page 8 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
re: What is a Salute and how do I get the Salute Eye Icon?
By ChoChomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4151, member since Fri May 13, 2005
On Fri Jun 20, 2008 08:04 PM
^No, you DO need to post a salute in order to post a picture of yourself, no matter how unprofessional or professional it is.
By ballet_babe_1member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 672, member since Wed Jun 18, 2008
On Fri Jun 20, 2008 08:06 PM
well if i do need to post one, why does she say this-

"Also remember that you don't need to salute if you don't want to. A moderator will never ask you for a salute unless you post photos of yourself or your pets that look too professional or fake."

Thanks, i'm stil confused about that part
By pointe92member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 807, member since Fri May 25, 2007
On Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:53 AM
great post! i never knew that now i am going to salute!
By PrincessAaliyahmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 620, member since Mon Oct 27, 2008
On Mon Nov 03, 2008 02:01 PM
Hi im confused, my name is Rebecca Jones and im not a dancer, my daughter, Aaliyah Roberts is a dancer and she's 4 so do i need to send a salute with a picture of me or Aaliyah with a note???? it will be pictures of Aaliyah that i will be posting in the future.

Thanks Aaliyahs Mum xx
By ScribbleMusePremium member Comments: 46, member since Sat Oct 11, 2008
On Wed Nov 26, 2008 04:54 PM
I understand the reasoning, but I just think it's sad that you have to do this. :( Liars suck worse than mean people IMO.

Lisha
By mairead032 Comments: 65, member since Sun Jun 15, 2008
On Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:48 PM
I couldn't find the answer to this question...

So if you post a picture of your feet/shoes or a pet (?) you have to salute?

A pet? Really?

Your feet?

Thanks for anyone who can clear this up for me or find a thread with the answer! :)
By monica94 Comments: 61, member since Wed Jan 21, 2009
On Wed Jan 28, 2009 04:46 PM
where do I post a salute? on this thread?
By discokidmandymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3552, member since Mon Apr 14, 2008
On Thu Feb 19, 2009 08:51 AM
do you need to use lined paper?
or can it ust be normal xx
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4726, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Sat Apr 18, 2009 08:48 AM
where do I post a salute? on this thread?

You post your aalute on the dance.net salutes board on the General forum.

do you need to use lined paper?
or can it ust be normal?

You must use lined paper. The paper must be from a spiral notebook or from a yellow writing tablet. You may not just draw random lines on a blank piece of paper.
By Guyenne Comments: 636, member since Fri Sep 10, 2004
On Wed Sep 09, 2009 03:19 PM
The original post talks about a pointe salute as separate from a standard face/body salute - is that still the case? I'm not finding anything else about it.
By jlfuller22 Comments: 116, member since Sat Jun 13, 2009
On Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:40 AM
Ok this question has been asked at least 10 times on this thread and it hasn't been answered once so I will ask again. If I ONLY plan on posting pictures of my feet (not whole body with blurred head, but only my legs/feet), do I need a salute? Why would I post a salute with a picture of my face when I only plan on posting pictures of my feet. And if you just want a salute of my feet, isn't that a bit silly? Feet pretty much look the same.
By Maria_Rogan Comments: 66, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Wed Jan 06, 2010 05:48 AM
for your information i am not a poser and that is actually me. who would even pretend to b some one else?
By Maria_Rogan Comments: 66, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Wed Jan 06, 2010 05:49 AM
for your information i am not a poser and that is actually me in the green elevation dress. why would even pretend to b some one else?
By Snuffymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3386, member since Wed Jan 02, 2008
On Wed Jan 06, 2010 05:59 AM
^Don't take it personally! Saluting is just something that we all have to do here on DDN in order to post photos of ourselves on the forums. It's really no big deal. Just do your salute and follow the guidelines on the first page of this thread, and you'll be able to post photos of yourself on DDN without issue in no time. :)
By dancer_aimyXomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 962, member since Wed Oct 15, 2008
On Fri May 07, 2010 09:21 AM
thanks great post I wasnt sure what to do but I know now :D
By GraciesMAID Comments: 197, member since Thu Dec 09, 2010
On Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:45 PM
So if I take a digital photo, where do I then go to upload it? Thank you,
By AnRinceoirRuamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 175, member since Mon Dec 20, 2010
On Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:01 PM
This whole salute thing is totally new to me, and I've participated in a lot of online forums before. Can I just say that I think it's a fantastic idea? And the private salute option is great, too. Thanks for this!
By dancedance27 Comments: 39, member since Wed Oct 23, 2013
On Mon Dec 02, 2013 07:35 PM
This really cleared up some questions I was having before :). As soon as I can I will do the Salute picture. :)
By CinderEmma Comments: 135, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Sat Mar 04, 2017 08:23 AM
Edited by CinderEmma (277630) on 2017-03-04 08:34:13 Rewrite and grammar check
Would it be okay if I wear makeup for my salute? I plan on saluting in the future so I can get one of those really cool eye "thingies" by my name and so I can post photos of myself.
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Mon Mar 06, 2017 02:32 PM
CinderEmma - absolutely you can wear make-up! Can't wait to give your eye!
By CinderEmma Comments: 135, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Wed Jul 05, 2017 07:24 AM
Edited by CinderEmma (277630) on 2017-07-05 07:26:14 To change a word.
Sorry, but I have another question. I know you've all stated over and over again that a salute is required to post photos of yourself (and sooner or later I'm going to apply for the salute anyways, just as soon as my hair is long enough again), but I'm not really interested in posting photos of myself anyways. I am very shy and even if I had the salute icon, I wouldn't feel comfortable having the whole world knowing who I am.

However, I am not interested in posting photos of "people" on my profile, I want to post photos of COSTUMES that "supposedly" belong to "someone who may or may not be me but nobody will ever know for sure". I really don't want to just throw the costume on the floor and take a picture of it as the costume's skirt won't be as "poofy" anymore. I've tried taking photos of the costume and trying to hide the legs of "the person who so happens to be wearing the costume"/"person that nobody looking at the photo should even care about", but part of the costume always gets cut off as well.

What if I buy a mannequin? Or what if I make sure the legs or arms are covered with clothing that gives no indication that there is even a real person inside the costume?.
Sorry, I know it would be easier to just get a salute icon and then not have to worry about it, (which I obviously will eventually) but like I said, I'm just interested in posting photos of costumes right now.

Thank you for your time and patience.
Page:
Page 8 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ReplySendWatch