Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Competitions

I'm doing a solo for comp and my dance teacher wants me to pick out the song!
By dancininny
On Fri Sep 15, 2006 03:31 PM

Hi everyone. I'm doing a solo and it's going to comp. I'm a little nervous because I only have a week to find a great song that I love before I go to my first class. So if you have any good songs, I should say great songs for me to use, That would be GREAT! Please Help!

8 Replies to I'm doing a solo for comp and my dance teacher wants me to pick out the song!

re: I'm doing a solo for comp and my dance teacher wants me to pick out the song!
By Dancing_Pigletmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Sep 15, 2006 05:12 PM
What age are you and are you looking for a specific style?
tap solo song ideas
By DanceCoDiva
On Sat Sep 23, 2006 08:16 PM
it really depends on how old you are. If you are older & can do a fast tap, I'm doing "you can't stop the beat" from the show "Hairspray". It's fast & it's usually done as a jazz #, but it's a great fast tap. Last year I did "Jailhouse Rock" and I had a prop of a jail & that was great. I really liked it. But, Michael Buble has great songs like Crazy Little thing Called Love". that's a good one. Or boogie woogie bugle boy is a good one too. Good luck!!
re: I'm doing a solo for comp and my dance teacher wants me to pick out the song!
By dancininny
On Sun Sep 24, 2006 02:23 PM
I'm 13 but a old 13. and i really like the the classic swingy style of tap. But fast.....Thanks for all your help!
By Girlytapper29
On Sat Nov 18, 2006 07:51 PM
My studio last year did Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

But a classic song I like is That's Why The Lady is a Tramp a girl who is 14 did that song last year for competition.

She did very well.
I'm doing a solo for comp and my dance teacher wants me to pick out the song!
By nDsTwAnNaBe
On Fri Dec 22, 2006 09:58 AM
^great songs good ideas.

Thoroughly Modern Millie theme song
Shuffle Off to Buffalo- 42nd Street ST
Mack The Knife- any artist
It Don't Mean A Thing (if it ain't got that Swing)
Sing,Sing,Sing- The Mask ST
Get Ready (cause here i come)- The Temptations or the Commodores (i can't remember)
I'm a Beiliever- The Monkees (Shrek ST)
Lullaby of Broadway- 42nd Street ST

i can't think of anymore right now. i'll post some more later
i can help
By hiphop2pointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Dec 24, 2006 09:06 AM
Hey! You could use a song from the musical A Chorus Line. You could use the song One. That would be a really easy one to make a dance up to. So yea. Comment me back and tell me what song you're gonna do. Kay? Laterz!
Miranda
By JustDance92
On Fri Feb 02, 2007 08:09 PM
So what song did you choose!!?
By dancdream94member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 25, 2007 06:03 PM
what about "candy man" by cristina agulara (spelling)

ReplySendWatch