Page 2 of 21 2
re: STAR FARMING
By DancingLynziRose Comments: 349, member since Tue Jul 22, 2003
On Wed Aug 06, 2003 02:47 PM
Well thats the 1st I heard of them!
By amandasharples Comments: 1174, member since Tue Dec 10, 2002
On Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:45 AM
Yeah i agree but u got this off the disco site!!
By kayleigh2member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 900, member since Sat Aug 09, 2003
On Mon Aug 18, 2003 05:36 AM
wat is star farmin neway?? its a dance site surely it dnt matta wat ya rite as longs its bout dancin? rite?
By megastardancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7156, member since Thu Aug 28, 2003
On Wed Sep 10, 2003 07:17 AM
i havent been a member that long, but i have a star ,did nt get it because of getting stars,but come on her with my mum after school and enjoy myself,have made lots of e pal who i pm as well. so not really bothered about the stars really. i post alot of comments,for answers and replys only.
By solospot Comments: 178, member since Fri Feb 28, 2003
On Tue Sep 30, 2003 07:43 AM
I AGREE ON ALL OF WOT YOU HAVE SAID

LOVE MICHAYLA xxxx
By naughtyzebra Comments: 55, member since Mon Jun 30, 2003
On Wed Oct 01, 2003 06:41 AM
hi wow
By KerryDreamzmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2705, member since Tue Apr 01, 2003
On Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:00 AM
I totally agree with what everyone has sed!
The only reason I come on here is to catch up on the gossip and talk to my friends that I hardly c and the ones who live distances away! Not for the stars!

Luv Kerry!
X x X x X
By minty1970 Comments: 124, member since Mon Oct 20, 2003
On Fri Nov 07, 2003 02:49 PM
I think that having stars makes people just add silly replies to sensible questions and ask silly questions.

I think this is a great site and have gained loads of super advice from different people PLEASE don' spoil it
By DevilishDiva Comments: 5188, member since Sun Feb 23, 2003
On Fri Nov 07, 2003 03:16 PM
hiya

thanx 4 sayin dat! cos it's gettin really annoyin! heehee

i'm tryin 4 me 4th star now! lol

luv lynz
Comment to STAR FARMING
By madmandymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10430, member since Sun Nov 02, 2003
On Thu Nov 13, 2003 09:07 AM
hi i didnt know about stars but i do now but just like others i enjoy comeing on here and i do make the odd coments but i was never for stars
luv mandy
re: STAR FARMING (karma: 1)
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12135, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Wed Nov 19, 2003 07:41 PM
I think I have a solution...(Linh, brace yourself for a pm)

We've had posts come up before saying that we should get rid of stars completely. I understand where they're coming from but heaps of people love stars, so how about this-

In my opinion people loose interest in stars after their first 2000 posts. How about we only get our first star at 100, our second star at 500, our third star at 2000, our fourth at 4000, our big star at 5000? That should get rid of any futile star-farming attempts...

And for anybody that is saying "NO NO!", may I ask why you want stars so badly? They're not really an indication of posts anymore (besides, quality over quantity- if you want something pretty, there are alwats avatars) and we have the number of posts next to our nicknames anyway... all you have to do is read them...

Just my 2 cents
By quirky Comments: 1389, member since Fri Nov 28, 2003
On Wed Dec 03, 2003 03:36 PM
Thanks for posting this, I have noticed some star farming in some places too. I must admit, I sometimes post pretty boring posts but I'm careful not to star farm. This is a really good poist, thanks again for posting it!

q.
By Dancerlicious Comments: 845, member since Thu Nov 06, 2003
On Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:40 AM
Thanks for bringing it to all of our attention. I've noticed alot of star farming, some people only post in games for the ^ and > games. It's okay if you that every once in awhile, but not for all of your posts.

::JeN::
By beginner_dancer Comments: 2219, member since Mon Nov 25, 2002
On Sat Dec 20, 2003 03:34 PM
Yeah, I agree. I find that incredibly annoying when people respond to a post with a one word response to the post. If you are going to say something, why not it be worthwhile? I am aiming for my fourth star, but I am not going to be lazy and type one word to respond to a message.
By cottntalemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1418, member since Mon Jan 06, 2003
On Sat Jan 10, 2004 01:05 PM
I agree, I'm tired of seeing people just replying with single words such as "Nice" "wow" or just a smiley face. It's pretty annoying! I kinda like Glitterfairy's suggestion, I think it's a good idea, even though I would be reduced to two stars (and they do look nice near your name) But like she said, they are only stars and if this is going to help control the problem then that's fine with me!

cottntale
By calidancer017 Comments: 343, member since Thu Jan 01, 2004
On Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:13 PM
I agree! It bothers me when people do that. ESP. when they don't type anything- like LOL or haha that's funny.

AAAA HHHH !!!!

K i'm done. :P
By sungurl20 Comments: 2938, member since Sat Oct 18, 2003
On Thu Mar 11, 2004 09:02 PM
Thanks for the post, there has been A LOT of that.

~*Jessica*~
re: star farming
By jennalovespinkmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 659, member since Sun Jan 09, 2005
On Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:37 PM
I'm so glad I found this! I didn't know what star farming was hehe...:/
By LydiaKlassActmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 964, member since Sun Jun 03, 2007
On Sat Jan 03, 2009 08:56 AM
This occurs quite alot.

Dance.net is for people to share photo's, information etc ... about their dancing life NOT just to see how many useless, wasteful comments to earn as many stars as possible.

I send comments sharing my opinions on specific subjects and mainly I enjoy it on here as it's very social and you get to speak and meet new people and discuss I would guess most peoples fav subject dancing

Please stop star farming

Just letting everybody know how I feel :D

Lvoe Lydia xx
By mairead032 Comments: 65, member since Sun Jun 15, 2008
On Sun Jan 04, 2009 01:22 AM
I have to say that these stars might be fun for some people, but to me, they are just plain useless. I'm more interested in forging connections with *people*. I grew up before computers were common and I like to keep a bit of perspective. I just had a post removed because I accidentally replied (out of "human habit")in a thread when I wasn't supposed to...because it was against the rules.

Ok. No big deal, I'm new here.

However, I'm not going to say I'm never going to accidentally do it again. The whole concept of boards like this are to interact with other people. I joined DDN because it seemed like a very informative and open community and I liked what I saw.

I'm now questioning if DDN *really* is a right fit for me (in terms of actively participating in it). I love the dancers in the section I'm in, but I feel like there is a lot of micromanagement and can't be my social self.

As I've started really exploring DDN, I've found too many rules and too many stuck up "sticky"'s that have turned me off.

I do applaud the people running this because it *IS* well run, and a benefit to dancers and people in the arts. It's a unique and safe environment on the net (to which we have the people running it to thank). Unfortunately I admit my personality is such that I get my hairs up when I feel I'm being restricted in many ways. We'll see - maybe I'm just having a bad day! :-/

I hope I didn't accidentally hijack this post, I really do dislike this whole star/icon/merit badge/mario-brothers-video-game-coin-count-whatchamacallit-gotta-have-it thing!
By tinydancer3825 Comments: 103, member since Mon Jun 11, 2007
On Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:40 PM
^I absolutely love what you said. People, if getting rewards is really that important to you, then get off of this website and go actually PRACTICE dance! A star is a teensie weensie digital photo. It's not going to get you into university, it's not going to save a life, and it is most certainly NOT going to make you a better dancer. I myself am kind of a technological idiot and didn't even know why I had a star by my username until I was accused of star farming myself...turns out I *was* star farming, just not on purpose...didn't even know what it was until later that day. Because I come on this site to share my experiences with other dancers, not see if I can post more comments than the next person. Turning everything into a contest, which is all star farming means, is incredibly immature.

I vote for doing away with stars alltogether, but that's just me...
By Gemstone Comments: 11, member since Mon May 11, 2009
On Mon May 11, 2009 12:24 PM
I don't have a star yet and that doesn't bother me!! And its silly that all the star farming goes on here, surely this is a place people where people find out who has been banned and stuff!
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch