Forum: Advice / Emergency

Emergency
A Guide to this Board! (karma: 9)
By AlyssaPremium member Comments: 1020, member since Tue Jul 04, 2006
On Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:26 AM
Made sticky by calypso (11968) on 2006-09-25 18:32:24 good post!
Edited by calypso (11968) on 2006-09-28 13:42:24 edited title :)

Here is a guide to this board since it is new and on trial for DDN. Information taken from the request thread :: www.dance.net . . .

What is this board about?

The Emergancy board is on trial for now, and is intended to be used as a question/answer board. As you know when you make a post, you don't always get a reply right away. So if you need an answer within 5 minutes, that might not always happen.

What are some rules for the board?

A couple rules are as followed ::

1.)Your title must be descriptive. It can not be plain titles such as "Help me." "Help please." or just plain "HELP!"

2.)Since writing in all caps is considered online shouting, don't do it. Regarding rule #1, you want your title to draw attention, but you don't want to write something along the lines of, "HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

3.)This board is not PG-13. Therefore, posts that are mature won't be aloud on the Emergancy board. At least not until the board is official, and if Linh decides to make a PG-13 board.

4.)If you can't help out a person, don't reply to their thread. If someone makes a thread, waits for a reply, and sees 1 as a reply number, and see that someone just simply wrote "Sorry, I got nothing over here." It just will get frustrating and annoying. Only reply if you have helpful advice.

5.)If possible, state how long you can wait for an answer to your question. So if you have question about..whatever. You can simply write ::

Eg :: <b>*insert question here*? - 2 hours</b>

^^ In the title, or thread.

What is an example of a thread that can go into this board?

I hope that HigherGround doesn't mind, but I'm going to use their thread as an example of a thread that could go into this board.

www.dance.net . . .

The question regarding this topic, was about Cutting Music. And the title stated Urgent. That topic could go into this board, and the question could get answers.

Other Information?

If you don't have enough time to wait for a reply. Then please don't post. You can either get lucky posting here, or you may not. Not everyone can watch this board 24/7 and answer the questions within a minute after they're posted. Patience =]

If you have any other information to add to this guide, please do.

I know this isn't the best guide. But I made something with the information that I had from the request thread that started this board. Hope I helped =]

♥ Alyssa

12 Replies to A Guide to this Board!

re: An UnOfficial Guide to this Board!
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:16 PM
hiya

ooooooh this should be a sticky Alyssa. :D
great information, could have really used this board 2 weeks ago though ;)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
re: An UnOfficial Guide to this Board! (karma: 2)
By noachkamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2116, member since Mon Jun 20, 2005
On Sun Sep 24, 2006 06:29 PM
Hey,

I was going to make this post...oh well :?

hehe.

Anyways, I would like to add a few things:

There isn't a rule (yet) as to if you should or should not post regarding time limit. If you have to know somethng and you need it quick, say half an hour, go ahead and post, but don't get frusterated if no one replies within the time range.

I don't know if the MODs have actually added this feature, but we were talking to them anout putting a time limit on the psts so that they will disapear or go down when the time limit has ended. Either that or locking them. That way, old threads won't get bumped up.

This board isn't for real-life, extreme emergencies, that's just the name I thought of to call it. If you cut yourself and ar ebleeding badly and have doubts, don't post here- call 911. This board still has the same rules as any other. Don't post a real life-threatening emergency here, because we aren't doctors (most of us, at least), and that's not the point of this board. We don't want to mislead you.

On that note, if anyone does give you an answer or gives you adivce, and it doesn;t work, don't get mad and take it out on them. Of coarse, people should answer with rude or purposely wrong remarks or solutions, but if something doesn't go as planned- again, we can't be blamed.

As this board is an urgent board, I can;t say it's right to restrict it to PG13. If you have something that must be answered and you think it should be PG13, then the first letters in your title should say: PG-13. It's not tat hard of a concept, and it gives some order.

Please do not abuse this board.

Once you have a good answer to your question, or your time limit is up, please lock the thread. ***Again, this is only if the MODs don't put a tim-limit to these posts***

We don't want an important question that someone else posted to get pushed down (not saying that someone elses isn't as equaly important, which if it's not should probablynot be here), so, as polite as it is, we can refrain from comments such as: "oh thanks for asking that, i needed to know that!", "Sorry, I dunno...", "good idea", or even "thank you so much"

And please, don't yell.

You do not need to include the word ugent or anything like it in your posts, that is the purpose of this board.

Have fun you guys, and again, please, please don't complain if your question wasn't answered or adequitely answered to your demand.

~I'm outie~
On Mon Sep 25, 2006 01:31 PM
^^ Karma. Thanks for adding that information.

I'm sorry I posted it before you. I know that you thought of this board in the first place. Just trying to help =]

Great information. Listen to that girly up there ^^ She knows what is good for this board and what isn't. She thought of it! Hehe. I wish I could still edit this post, so I could add the information you had. Oh well, People should read the comments =]

♥ Alyssa
By ChicaEnPointe Comments: 960, member since Wed Sep 10, 2003
On Mon Sep 25, 2006 05:52 PM
This is definatly sticky material!!!
By noachkamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2116, member since Mon Jun 20, 2005
On Mon Sep 25, 2006 09:14 PM
Aaaaw,I didnt want to come off as rude or mean!! Sorry :D

And thanks *blushes* I'm happy you made this post, less work for me!! :D

Karma to you, too. Thanks again!
By red_velvet_rosemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 752, member since Tue May 09, 2006
On Tue Sep 26, 2006 08:07 AM
Great post, Karma for you! :D
On Tue Sep 26, 2006 04:10 PM
Awe. Haha. You didn't sound rude or mean! You did have a point there.

I do wish I could still edit this and add that info. But as I said before, people need to read the comments =]

Haha. I'm trying to think of an emergancy but it's hard =P Hehe. I want this board to stay because I'm sure it could start getting more posts soon!

♥ Alyssa
By Terpsi Comments: 2045, member since Tue Oct 04, 2005
On Tue Sep 26, 2006 06:33 PM
I also think we need a definition of in what amount of time makes an "emercency". If you need a picture of in duck in two weeks, its not an emergency. I think that if you need something within like tow days, then you post it here. If you have more than two days, I don't believe that's an emergency.

ILD
On Wed Sep 27, 2006 02:33 PM
^^ I think I heard that somewhere in the request post or something.

But that's a good thing to know. I liked the duck example haha.

♥ Alyssa
On Wed Sep 27, 2006 04:46 PM
Yeah, that is great thinking, I forgot! :D

Would everyone agree if we said that if you have more than 3 days it is not an emergency?

I think that's a fair deal. Of course, sometimes people rarely post in other boards. I don't think anythng will happen if one does post when they have more than 3 days, but if you can just try to post only if it is a real emergency (meaning, 3 days or less). That way it keeps the board cleaner.

Alyssa: I will try to find out if this board is staying or not. If it is, I can make a new post that includes all of the info you put, I put, and everyone else. If you guys could all post anything you think needs to be said, I can organize it and put it on the said post, if this board stays. I will let everyone know the outcome of this board as soon as I find out :)
On Thu Sep 28, 2006 01:29 PM
Alright that sounds cool. Then we can switch this thread with the other and make that a sticky. Just add credit to me for the stuff I wrote haha.

But yeah, I hope this board stays.

♥ Alyssa
re: A Guide to this Board!
By rincedragonflymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4495, member since Sun Mar 20, 2005
On Thu Oct 05, 2006 01:21 PM
Great idea for this board. I have a small request for the posters-can you let us know your final decision/outcome? I have read many threads on here, and even though I didn't have anything to contribute, I still came back to check to see how things turned out. They could serve as a good reference later on when you have a similar problem. I just wanted to make sure everything was okay, and it turned out well.

ReplySendWatch