Forum: General / Hip Hop / Breaking

Can you please teach me how to do the forward worm
By flame_girl
On Sat Sep 30, 2006 04:36 AM

hey, i really need your help and advice. can you please give me tips on how to master the forward worm. Many people at my dance class in england can do it, but i can't and i just look stupid. i want to be able to do it because i have butlins coming up and i want to do it in my street solo. also im in disco kid in december and want to do it in my hip hop solo aswell.
please help thanks.

4 Replies to Can you please teach me how to do the forward worm

re: Can you please teach me how to do the forward worm
By misslis
On Thu Oct 19, 2006 09:23 PM
laying face down and flat on the floor, bend your arms so elbows bend holding chest up, hands palms down flat on floor.
slowly, lower your chest, bend your knees and kick them up and out. when you kick them out and they hit the floor your toes must be digging into the floor with heels up. you should be in a push up position, but elbows are still holding upper body for support. wave down knees, hips, chest and move elbows forward. do it slowly, and then more smoothly. good luck.
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Dec 15, 2006 05:56 AM
I'm trying to learn it at the moment too, coz I think it would look really awesome to do like one backwards an then one forwards. Can you do the forwards worm? I taught myself that by thinking a lot about the positions your body has to be in, and the direction of the 'wiggle' and then went through it really slowly over and over, so I'm going about the forwards one in the same way, just keep working on it and eventually it'll come.

Ballet_Baibe
By DancingDaniellamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Dec 27, 2006 07:50 AM
I learnt differently from the post a few up

1st off if you have boobs Its gonna hurt!! Your first few times (lol)

You kneel down and crouch so that yourhand and knees and front of the bottom half of your legs ar eteh onli thing touching the ground. make sure that you NEVER go face first (a bit obvious) and you strat off on you chest and ripple you back through. You will probably find it easy because you area disco dancer and are most likely to have a flexi back. one you have done one worm you push your front off by the ends of your toes and then go over but you dont start as high. That probably made no sense at all... aww.. wells..
If it did try it on a mat 1st few times til yoou build you confidence up.
xcx
By JessDeAddermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 23, 2007 03:17 PM
I can't do it fully. But i'm almost there.
my dance instructor sugguested to lay on the floor and arche your back (like a banana) and rock back and forth. then when you're ready, when you rock forward again, ripple yourself (like a body roll) then just as your chest hits, flick your feet and roll yourself again.

thats the easiest way to describe it for me?

:) have fun.

ReplySendWatch