Forum: General / Hip Hop / Breaking

Starting breaking
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:06 PM

Hey,
I've joined the break dance society at my uni, and have only done a little bit of break dance before (I can do fish rolls, worm, moon walk, one of the feezes, and what I thought was the windmill, but having seen a video of the windmill I don't think thats what it's called)
but I've only done master classes before not real lessons, and am wondering what to expect,
should I be building up my muscles or anything like that? Before now I've mainly done ballet, tap and jazz, so have strong legs not not very strong arms.
And what should I wear are jeans okay? and trainers/sneakers or should I wear jazz shoes?

Thanks for reading, I'll let y'all know how I got on when I get back.

Ballet_Baibe

1 Replies to Starting breaking

re: Starting breaking
By Ballet_Baibemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Sep 30, 2006 03:36 PM
Hi, I just got back from my first session and I can now do: up-rock, basic 6 step, 6 step with a knee roll, back spin (kind of), baby freeze, and almost a one armed hand stand.
It was so much fun, an so different to anything I've done before, I have a couple of questions though:
Is it okay to bring in other forms of dance? Someone mentioned to me that there are no rules with breaking, you can do what ever you want, is that right?
Are there different moves for guys and girls? Coz in every other type of dance I've done there are.

Thanks for reading

Ballet_Baibe

ReplySendWatch