Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Competitions

Tap Disaster!!!
By shelabbyuk
On Mon Oct 02, 2006 02:46 AM

I had my tap competition yeasterday and all was going well. There were 11 in the section! (I had to be last!!!) but anyway this one girl before me...she was a clown but not a normal clown she was dressed in black and white and had a very attractive costume! But anyway we was all talkin in the wings and suddenly the girl on stage her costume was coming undone and her boobs were coming out! When she was jumping around they just kept popping out! I felt so sorry for her!
Has anything like this ever happened to you?
Abby xxx

5 Replies to Tap Disaster!!!

re: Tap Disaster!!!
By Tapaway
On Mon Oct 02, 2006 08:08 PM
Oooooh. NOT fun. I don't think I would keep dancing if that happened to me! I would have ran off the stage! =P
I havn't been in any tap competitions where something like this has happened, but in a highland competition once a girl dancing ripped a HUGE whole in her hornpipe pants. And she kept dancing. ha ha. Brave.
By little_tapper
On Mon Nov 06, 2006 05:35 PM
Oh my gosh i feel so bad for her!! I hope she is okay now. Im happy to say that nothing has ever happend to me like that, but it could happen to anyone at any time.
By xoDEdancaox
On Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:37 PM
awww that stinks !! nothin like that has ever happened 2 me .. but actually once in a tap competiton, the buckle on my tap shoe broke and i was dancing with one shoe.. but during the award ceremony i got a special award cause i kept dancing. so0o that was good..hah
By Dancinchic522
On Fri Dec 08, 2006 03:47 PM
I did have this happen to me, twice actually, but not as bad
The first time, I was doing a chicago number, and I was wearing this little red outfit, it was a red skirt with fishnets. and then a belly shirt (more like it cut just at the bra line), and I couldn't wear a camisol with it, or else it would look like I had no belly button. But the material of the shirt, was so thin, it's not like I could just go with out a bra. So I bought a red bra that I wore with it, and pinned the straps. Well... while I was dancing, the shirt got caught on someone's bracelet (we were decked out in fake diamond looking jewelery) and it ripped the seam, so as I kept dancing, the shirt grew wider and wider, till it fnally was open, so it slipped off, and I had to finsih the last 45 seconds of the number in my bra. (Not that there was much of a difference between the bra and the shirt, lol) But still, it was embaressing. Everyone still clapped, I guess 'cause they felt bad for me.
The other time, I was wearing a halter outfit, but with a camisole. And the halter came undone and slipped down, thank god I had the camisole, I just kept dancing.

And now, I use double sided tape for EVERYTHING
(works wonders = D)
By pasdebourretenduPremium member
On Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:32 AM
Oh thats embarassing.
The first year I started assistant teaching, I was in eight dances, and had to be behind the curtain for 20 more... okay, so I ended up missing seven or so, but anyway!
I was in such a hurry to change between two of my dances, that I left a shirt on from another number and put my dress (sleeveless costume) over top of it! Well... I realized this as the number before me was going off stage, so I ripped off my costume backstage (did I mention there were 12 guys in the next dance back there..?) and I threw it at my dance instructor. Took the shirt off, threw it somewhere - don't think I ever got it back either... WELL! I put the dress on! I was so excited to go out on stage on time... but as I entered stage right I noticed something shiny... I had it on backwards! There was a keyhole opening surrounded by sequins right at my boobs. Great. So, in the middle of the number we did a little arm switchy thing and a falling off a log, at which time I fell the whole way off the stage... switched it again and came back on. I didn't want my mess hanging out on video! Anyway, when I got the video, you couldn't tell - the sequins didn't even catch the light - and I missed half the dang dance!

ReplySendWatch