Forum: General / Homework Help

Homework Help
A Basic Guide on how to Succeed in School (karma: 5)
By Riellemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1280, member since Sat Jul 08, 2006
On Mon Oct 02, 2006 02:44 PM
Edited by DanceStarr1 (162545) on 2006-10-02 16:33:51
Edited by DanceStarr1 (162545) on 2006-10-02 16:35:05
Edited by DanceStarr1 (162545) on 2006-10-02 16:38:54 ugh!
Edited by DanceStarr1 (162545) on 2006-10-02 16:40:34
Made sticky by hylndlas (107168) on 2006-10-23 10:08:36 Nice job!
Edited by hylndlas (107168) on 2007-08-29 08:57:07 fixed a wee typo for you

Hi, I thought this might be helpful to several people. I have narrowed down to ten important things needed when going to school.(p.s I am in middle school some of this may not apply to lower or higher grade levels)

1.A Good and postitive Attitude!

Bringing a positive outlook to school helps your grades and bring self confidence in yourself when taking hard frustrating classes. Not only does this beneifit you, but also your teacher. No teachers like to hear you gripe and say excuses all day. Next are some tips on how to bring a postitive attitude to school.

2.Get plenty of rest

Get a good night sleep to do well in school and not to fall asleep during class. You should be getting around 8 to 9 or 10 hours of sleep. Most of us with our crazy schedule go to bed late, but using a to do list or schedule helps you save HEAPS of time.

3.Eat a healthy and big breakfast

Eating breakfast DOES help you think and concentrate in school. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because when you go to bed, and wake up you have been hours without food. Even if you arent hungry you will be in class, and it is hard to concentrate on an growling, empty stomach.

4.Do your homework!

Doing your homework and taking the effort to do it is a grade rasier. But before you do your homework you have to take what you need home. Writing daily assignments in a nptebook or a planner is the best way to remember what you need.

5.Be prepared for class

Always bring what you need to class. This shows the teacher you are a responsible person and your ready to learn. The basic items you need are probably

* Several Pencils
*notebook,paper
*textbook
*workbook
Most of you probably don't have to all those exact items to a class but it is just in general.

6.Use your time wisely in class

If your teacher gives you a opportunity to do homework in class or an assignment don't start sending notes to your friend. Teachers wan't you to get as much as done so you won't have a lot of homework at home. With assignments it is a even more important one. Most assignments in class are due at the end of class or sooner. When you do your assignments try to do it without distraction. If someone keeps bothering you talk to your teachers.They will move you. If they think it is a issue.After all, they are responsible for your education.

7.Ask questions!

Teachers are teachers for a reason.. To educate you and make sure you understand everything. Most people are to scared to speak up, but you doing so may be helpful to you and them. When you ask questions this tells teachers you care about what you learning.

8.Be on time!

Being on time and prepared for a class is a great way to start the day and throughout the day. In some classes you might get a detention if you are late. Some advice on not being late is:

*Take everything you need to the class you are going to and your stuff for the next class.

* Avoid talking in the hallway, talk with your friends in the classrooms before the bell rings, lunch and breaks.

* Put your books in order in your locker so you can quickly grab everything you need.

9.Be on your best behavior

School is not a place to horseplay around. School is a place to learn new things. Playing arround just makes people think you are immature. Show your teachers you are a mature person and responsible.Be responsible for your actions.

10.School comes before sports.

Its true, always do your homework before you start practicing a dance or etc. If you have a mandatory preformance forlets say choir, unless it is a emerengcy you will be expected to be there. If you have a dance practice on that same day talk it out with your coach, maybe you can work out an extra practice and you most likley arent the only one who has to miss out on a pratice.

Thanks for reading!

Dancestarr1

:D :)

13 Replies to A Basic Guide on how to Succeed in School

re: A Basic Guide on how to Suceed in School
By coquettemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 819, member since Sun Aug 28, 2005
On Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:04 PM
Good points! Looks like you put a lot of time and thought into this. When people develop good habits like this early on it makes highschool and college much easier to handle.

:)

Kristin
A Basic Guide on how to Suceed in School
By chantelle3member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 184, member since Mon Jul 24, 2006
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 06:27 AM
yeah! ^^^^ i aggree! thanks for sharing! xxx chantelle
A Basic Guide on how to Suceed in School
By chantelle3member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 184, member since Mon Jul 24, 2006
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 06:28 AM
Removed by hylndlas (107168) on 2006-10-23 10:09:01 double post
yeah! ^^^^ i aggree! thanks for sharing! xxx chantelle
re: A Basic Guide on how to Suceed in School
By dancingqueen18 Comments: 481, member since Sat Jun 11, 2005
On Fri Oct 27, 2006 06:55 PM
GREAT post! Karma fairy commin your way!
re: A Basic Guide on how to Succeed in School
By k1204 Comments: 44, member since Sat Jun 09, 2007
On Fri Sep 14, 2007 07:09 PM
these are all great tips! another tip is to read the lesson for that class the night before the teacher teaches it. that way you can have any questions ready ahead of time
By ballehdanza Comments: 63, member since Sun Sep 10, 2006
On Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:38 AM
Great post, Karma¬
By megzi Comments: 558, member since Wed Jun 20, 2007
On Fri Oct 12, 2007 02:20 PM
well i do 0/10 of thoose things
lol
lotsov love megzi.x.x.x
By Rel Comments: 64, member since Tue Feb 12, 2008
On Tue Feb 12, 2008 02:57 PM
Great post, you deserve karma-- if I could!

Thanks for the tips!

-Rel
By heartofglass Comments: 66, member since Wed Nov 28, 2007
On Mon Mar 31, 2008 08:43 PM
Thank you very much for the tips. Karma!
By luvxx2xxdancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1174, member since Thu Mar 05, 2009
On Thu Jun 18, 2009 09:17 PM
Thanks for sharing this. It helps!! =]
By ballet_rox_sox Comments: 428, member since Sun Jan 20, 2008
On Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:55 PM
Wow! That's really helpful!!!
By dancinhippo Comments: 18, member since Sun Aug 23, 2009
On Fri Sep 18, 2009 08:27 PM
good advice...sometimes i have trouble balancing dance and school, so i'll follow your advice
By Eric619member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 132, member since Fri Nov 20, 2009
On Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:37 AM
I like those ideas, accomplish those steps and before you know it, you'll be on your way to graduating

ReplySendWatch