Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

help on axles
By angelofmusic361
On Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:58 PM

Does anyone have any advice on how to improve axles?
Thanks
~natalie~

4 Replies to help on axles

re: help on axles
By mad_hatter_218
On Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:48 AM
Are we talking about dancing axels? I'm assuming so but I just want to check. Axels where you tuck both legs in a double tuck position while turning?
By angelofmusic361
On Thu Oct 05, 2006 05:51 PM
yeah, dancing axles. Not really sure how to describe it, but you like plie, then turn and bring one leg out and turn while tucking in. I'm trying to get better at them and need some advice.
thanks
By mad_hatter_218
On Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:10 AM
When I teach them in my classes, I have them all start out doing the jumps without turning. So you basically do a chasse prep and do a double tuck jump. Once you get that with good height and everything is tucked in nicely, you can do the leg whip, without turning, so you fouette your leg up into the tuck position. Then after that, add the turn.

I always find it easier to practice any turning moves like that without actually turning first.
By fLaMiNgO_rAcH
On Fri Oct 13, 2006 08:36 PM
yeah definitely practice it stationary, but once you get into doing it, don't let the prep of the low chainee keep you from getting good height. if you're doing low chainee 1 2, axel 3 4, think down down up. and always spot

rachel

ReplySendWatch