Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 1 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 13 14
Disco Advice
***final hair help post*** (karma: 21)
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Tue Oct 10, 2006 02:40 PM
Made sticky by hylndlas (107168) on 2006-11-10 16:53:03

hiya

i've just realised that there are a LOT of posts floating around DDN just now and taking up room, so i thought it would be a good idea to put all the questions and advice into the 1 post for easy reading!!!

so ask away and im sure between us we'll manage to answer all the questions ;)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx

348 Replies to ***final hair help post***

re: ***final hair help post***
By Milly_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4755, member since Fri Dec 12, 2003
On Tue Oct 10, 2006 02:44 PM
Hey

I have one....how can you get
a.) a really big quiff and
b.) Keep it consistant?? Mine are like pot luck whether it looks good or not.
O and also, on the left side of my quiff, there seems to be very thin compared to the right side.
I get the same amount of hair from each side but still its very thin?
Any help much appreciated!

Brill Idea Emma :D

Love Emily xxxx
By Energy_Dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2348, member since Tue Apr 26, 2005
On Tue Oct 10, 2006 02:52 PM
Great Post Emma :D !

Can somepne please post pics of some Nice hairstyles

Here :P ! Thanks

Catherine xxxxxxx
re: ***final hair help post*** (karma: 4)
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Tue Oct 10, 2006 03:54 PM
hiya

QUIFF:

1) section off the bit of the hair for the quiff
2) tie the rest of your hair up so it doesnt get in the way
3) starting at the back of the section for the quiff, take a think section and backcomb it until it stands up on its own.
4) continue this all the way forward
5) spray with lots of hairspray and leave for about 1min to dry a bit
6) comb the top and the sides smooth and push into place
7) secure the quiff with lots of kirby grips
8) spray with lots more hairspray

if you follow those steps your quiff should be perfect every time ;)

when its all backcombed it looks thicker too emily so you should have that thin look on 1 side ;)

hope i've helped

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
On Wed Oct 11, 2006 01:01 PM
hiya

if anyone has any more questions then ask away and i'll do my best to help out!!! :D

catherine, im having a look just now to see if i can find some good hair pics ;)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By Milly_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4755, member since Fri Dec 12, 2003
On Wed Oct 11, 2006 01:03 PM
Hey Emma!

Thank you darling...I will try again tonight!
Will post a pic and ask for pointers if it all goes wrong tehe!

Love Emily xxxxx
By pinkmovermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2549, member since Wed Mar 30, 2005
On Wed Oct 11, 2006 01:17 PM
Hi Emma,

Great post what a good idea well done hun. ;)

I have just gone into inters so my Mum did me a new hairstyle she glued diamontes to my hair with eyelash glue but it took us a week to get the glue out any good advise?

Love and hugs
Stacey
xxx
re: ***final hair help post*** (karma: 1)
By lizzielonghairmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1075, member since Wed Mar 02, 2005
On Wed Oct 11, 2006 01:23 PM
Well im very board so i think ill tell you how i have my hair.
1-but a quiff in using emma's usefull advice!
2-scrape the sides up in to a line of ponytails down from the quiff and secure with 5 or six bands(thats one for each ponytail.).
3-twist each end up and coil the hair round the boble so you cant see it any more,but do leave a section of hair to spray up at the end.Secure with big open grips(dont now their name!But you can get them from tesco.LOL)
4-harspray any stray hairs and spike the ends up with hairspay.
Voila :DAnd your done.

Here is a pic,
Image hotlink - 'http://images.dance.net/images/i814/50551.789mohawk.jpg'

hope iv been of ant use to anyone looking for ideas.

liz xxxxxxx
On Wed Oct 11, 2006 02:23 PM
Hey!

Just attempted a quiff using Emma's advice and steps

Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/dancing_duck4eva/Picture004.jpg'

Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/dancing_duck4eva/PA114705.jpg'

Thank you Emma! Defo worked and will always be using it this way :D
Karma heading its way to you huni!

Love Emily xxxxx
On Wed Oct 11, 2006 02:28 PM
hiya

aww glad i could help emily hun!!! :D

great pic lizzie

here's a couple of pics of me and meljay with a similar hair style to yours, just with a lot more backcombing!!!lol!!!

Image hotlink - 'http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/emmajayne_/PIC00360.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/emmajayne_/PIC00361.jpg'

meljays quiff
Image hotlink - 'http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/emmajayne_/PIC00362.jpg'

a proper mohican!!!
Image hotlink - 'http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/emmajayne_/rtefef.jpg'

will post more when i get them ;)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By LizzieHmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 393, member since Mon Sep 27, 2004
On Thu Oct 12, 2006 09:23 AM
Emma, How did you do your hair? I absolutely adore it, and how do you do a proper mohican?

Love Lizzie xxx
re: ***final hair help post*** (karma: 2)
On Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:46 PM
hiya

to do my hair, do the quiff following the 8 steps i posted already.

put your hair in 3 pony's and just backcomb them like there's no tomorrow!!! use lots of hairspray too!!!

for the "proper" mohican, backcomb ALL the hair then spray with lots of hairspray,
starting at 1 side(doesnt matter which), smooth over to the middle, use lots of hairspray again and make a line of kirbies all the way up from the back to the front, repeat on the other side!!!

hope i've helped :) keep the questions coming, or if you have any advice then please share!!! :D

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By andypandymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2745, member since Sun Oct 19, 2003
On Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:06 PM
hi
i love yours and meljays hair in the last couple of pictures, meljay looks like she has a few like twists pinned to her hair and then it back combed, how did you do that one?

love andrea :)
re: ***final hair help post*** (karma: 1)
On Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:38 PM
hi andrea

lol forgot to say how i did mels OOOPSIES :)

right, do the quiff following the steps given.
put the rest of the hair in 3 pony's
take a small section of hair from the top pony and fold it over into a loop leaving a long tail to backcomb.
do this with the rest of the hair in the pony's then spray all the ends with hairpsray, backcomb like theres no tomorrow, and give a final spray with hairspray!!!

also, for that extra sparkle, spray generously with glitterspray!!! :D

hope if helped, keep the questions coming guys!!! :D

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By xxxFREYAxxxmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 822, member since Tue Mar 16, 2004
On Fri Oct 13, 2006 01:42 PM
Hi,
This is a really useful post. I am going to try some of these tips at my next comp.
Karma for you.
Freya x
By live_life_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 11529, member since Mon Mar 28, 2005
On Fri Oct 13, 2006 01:45 PM
Hey darlin

please could you think of some ways i could were my hair

im sick of getting it back combed even though it looks good haha

id just like a change

Aine x x x

p.s:it can involve plaits and stuff because i can do them :P x
re: ***final hair help post*** (karma: 3)
On Fri Oct 13, 2006 04:20 PM
hiya aine hunnie

right, here's 1 way you could do your hair ;)

Image hotlink - 'http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/emmajayne_/PICS027.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/emmajayne_/PICS028.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/emmajayne_/PICS029.jpg'

to do this, start by:

1) straightening your hair!!!
2) split the hair diagonally in half.
3) tie up the side your going to have the smaller plaits
4) do 1 large scalp plait on the side that is loose (in the photo's i chose to do this in the right hand side)
5) secure plait with a hair elastic and spray generously with hairspray.
6) split the remaining section of hair into 3 smaller sections, tie 2 of them up
7) do a small scalp plait to the middle of the head and secure with a hair elastic (dont plait the hair all the way to the end, only until you dont have anymore hair to add into the plait)
8) repeat with the other 2 sections of hair

you should then have 3 small pony's diagonally in the middle of the head

9) take a small section from the top pony
10) loop it over and kirby in place (make sure you leave a "tail" for backcombing)
11) repeat with remaining pony's
12) spray tails with hairspray and backcomb
13) finish with yet more hairspray and some glitterspray if you want

you could also do a quiff with this if you want, just remember to leave enough hair out at the front for it ;)

also(lol) you could stone bits of the plaits if you want to :)

hope i've helped

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By dancindannimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3248, member since Sun Nov 07, 2004
On Sat Oct 14, 2006 05:59 AM
Greta post emma.
Should deffinatly be made a sticky.
Love dani xxxx
On Mon Oct 16, 2006 01:29 PM
hiya

thanks for that danni :)
hopefully it will be as there have been loads of similar posts going about!!!

keep the questions and advice coming guys

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By bornchamp Comments: 5875, member since Mon Nov 03, 2003
On Thu Oct 19, 2006 07:31 AM
Hey Emma!
Fabby post hunni,this is such a useful thread!
Im just printing some of your photo's off now to take to my hairdresser because she's going to do it for my comp this weekend lol!
Welldone on all of your fabby advice too! ;)
Love Jodie (Richard Dykes) x x x
On Thu Oct 19, 2006 08:26 AM
hi jodie

aww no problem hunnie, glad i could help!!! :D
im sure your hairdresser will have no problems making your hair look stunning for your comp!!! :D

any more questions or advice??? ;)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By andypandymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2745, member since Sun Oct 19, 2003
On Thu Oct 19, 2006 04:17 PM
hi emma
i tried the instructions out for your hairstyle and they were perfect! the only change i made was to leave a few peices of hair loose at the front!
thanks so much for the advice! i'm going to do my hair like this for skegness this weekend!
karma for you!!

love andrea :)
On Thu Oct 19, 2006 04:58 PM
hi andrea

aww no problem hunnie :D
glad i managed to help!!!

OMG just realised, im going to have to get a new hairstyle!!!lol!!! everyone will have mine!!! HAHA

never mind!!!
anymore questions, just ask!!! :D

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
help with hair
By lishakendra Comments: 32, member since Sun Oct 22, 2006
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 06:37 AM
hello
How can beginners have their hair for first comp could someone show us some steps and photos if possible please asap
LOVE lisha and kendra x x x
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 09:22 AM
hiya lisha

beginners can have their hair like in the photos!!! :D
you can have WHATEVER you want, as long as there's no added decoration, but your hair can be as wild as you want it to be!!! :D

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
Page:
Page 1 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 13 14

ReplySendWatch