***final hair help post***
By emma_jayne
On 10/10/2006 14:40:16
hiya

i've just realised that there are a LOT of posts floating around DDN just now and taking up room, so i thought it would be a good idea to put all the questions and advice into the 1 post for easy reading!!!

so ask away and im sure between us we'll manage to answer all the questions ;)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
re: ***final hair help post***
By Milly_x
On 10/10/2006 14:44:34
Hey

I have one....how can you get
a.) a really big quiff and
b.) Keep it consistant?? Mine are like pot luck whether it looks good or not.
O and also, on the left side of my quiff, there seems to be very thin compared to the right side.
I get the same amount of hair from each side but still its very thin?
Any help much appreciated!

Brill Idea Emma :D

Love Emily xxxx
By Milly_x
On 10/11/2006 13:03:21
Hey Emma!

Thank you darling...I will try again tonight!
Will post a pic and ask for pointers if it all goes wrong tehe!

Love Emily xxxxx
By Milly_x
On 10/11/2006 14:23:27
Hey!

Just attempted a quiff using Emma's advice and steps

Thank you Emma! Defo worked and will always be using it this way :D
Karma heading its way to you huni!

Love Emily xxxxx
By dancingtrio
On 10/25/2006 17:43:30
hiya emma,

what a great post,my daughter has been asking
me to do a big quiff for her for a long time
and ive never had the confidence to do one for her
because i didnt know how,but you explained it brilliantly
so i will try it for a comp this sunday and let you know how
how we get on,many thanks.

love from deborah xxx
By Flumpsie
On 10/27/2006 09:10:34
Hi Emma

Fab post, I am useless at hair, so I always get Siobhan to do Ambers slow for me as we can get away with everything lol

Here are some pictures

Siobhan did this one for slow

Easy one to do, quiff and crimp lol

scraped back (third day of a festival lmao) two ponies crimped, this gives illusion that hair is longer, dont know who the stunner is at the side of Amber in this one? lmao ;)

barrel curls, with added hair jewels

quiff and crimped again

lmaoooo I tried this once, but I didnt know about using papers and all the ends were bitty,and the curls werent shiny, it ended up quite a mess, so tips for doin this would be greatly appreciated

Great post

Kim xxxxx :)
By Flumpsie
On 10/27/2006 09:17:49
Me again, those ear rings in the last picture arent allowed, I didnt know this when I first started takin Amber to comps.

I hunted for this picture, barrel curls, plaits and hair jewels, this style so suits the head piece, the bigger barrel curls the better

Kim xxxx :)
By DanniDoll
On 11/14/2006 15:40:46
Heya :)
Heres some piccys of hair I have done!

^^ This is my hair I done myself!

I do my hair before every comp. When I come of my ban I will take more pics of my hair!

^^ Mikki GroovyGrans daughter done my hair here for a festival back in April.

Brill post!
Love Danni x
By DiscoQueenSophie
On 11/17/2006 11:39:03
hello i have pmed you emma
By Flumpsie
On 11/21/2006 05:48:12

more styles :)
By groovytwins
On 12/18/2006 02:26:07
Hi Emma

I think you're FAB at doing hair, Thanks so much for making mines beautiful at Craig Tara!!

This post is so helpful, well done Emz!

Does anyone know how to make the hair in a ponytail look like an afro!?

x
By Milly_x
On 12/18/2006 07:51:31
Hey Emma..

Right, I've just had my hair cut like this

And I'm wondering...would it still be posisble to get big quiffs!
Ive only got a tiny bit of hair at the front so I need help on securing it back...:S

Thank you in advance

Love Emily xxxx
By dancinghoney
On 02/02/2007 09:41:09
hiya great post

please help me !!
i want to have my hair up in 2 or 3 ponytails and then loop them over all the way round on each pony
but i dont know how
my mum has tried and just gets stressed
please help i hope you understand what i mean
love stacey
By krazykat08
On 02/08/2007 12:35:58
hi
my daughtters keep asking me to do the worms in their hair with spikey bits sticking out? does anybody know how to do them?
also how can i do barrel curls and get them to stay in?
thanks
kat
xxx
p.s. excellent post now i can try 2 different styles on my daughters instead of them looking like twins lol
By champdancersmum
On 02/10/2007 14:52:38
Hi Emma

AMAZING post hunnie. So helpful.

1. I want to know what do the latin american dancers use to get their hair so sleek and shiney when they scrap it back in a bun etc???? I have tried everything

2. Abbey has had her hair the same way for the last 2 years. She has recently been sponsored and gets her new suits fro Brean. I would like to do something different to her her but it is soooo thin, like a baby. When she has a bun for Ballet its non existing lol

Any ideas

xxxx

love Sharon
By champdancersmum
On 02/26/2007 06:04:21
hI

Iv been reading about people using pipe cleaners to get a tighter longer lasting curl. How would you put these in????? Might try it on Abbeys hair.

xxxx

love Sharon
New Hair !?!
By Princess_Kayte
On 03/06/2007 11:58:17
i wondered if anybody knows any good shops or webbies that sell fake hair... i want curley hair and straight hair in dark brown can somebody help please....x
By DanceManiacLauz
On 04/04/2007 07:03:44
hey i have curly hair and i often straighten the front part for a quiff before a comp and then i do my hair at a comp and its fine but after a wile it goes curly and flat any one got any advise ?
wow
By danceingmaid
On 04/10/2007 10:13:00
wow what an amazing hairstyle please please tell me how to do it i love it !
thanks jadey
By Jodee_babes
On 05/10/2007 07:16:02
Heyaa,,

My friend Jess does mine i have a chin length bob and its realli hard :(

But she does a big quiff and then puts it into two sections the back combs what is left it looks realli goood and affective and onlii takes 10 mins to do :)

You need:
Tail Comb
25 Kirby Grips
Hair Spray alot aprox. a full can
4 bobbles- 2 for each pony
And a friend to help you

LvYaah Jodee
By Chloe_Dreamz
On 05/25/2007 10:47:35
Hello
My mum was wondering and I was how am I going to do my hair for the Stratford Coca cola cup
Because im a under 12 starter and have just moved up and I have a headpiece which is a yellow piece of material shaped in a hairband sort of way and has a hat with a feather coming out the side...
I have got brown about shoulder length hair please help xx
By Jodee_babes
On 06/28/2007 15:37:06
I know have my hair,,

in 4 pony's on my left hand side and back comb them it takes a few minutes and looks amazin o and a big quiff
By MunchkinSarah
On 07/21/2007 14:12:47
Hey, i have collar length hair and am struggling to do anything with it. I want to look stylish...please help xx pictures too...please add me rainbows-and-clouds@hotmail.co.uk for more explinations xx much love xx
By maggiemay
On 08/08/2007 11:17:38
ok i know this is off subject completely. but i just joined, and i cannot figure out how to post a new topic. help?
By XxdancechickxX
On 08/15/2007 12:05:16
heya

great post
do u have any hairstyles i can do 4 comps (i'm a beginner)
i hav short hair (bout down to my sholders) and a side fringe
plz plz plz help me
alison
By rach_no1_dancer
On 08/26/2007 15:36:58
hiya
help with dimonte glue
i put dimontes in my hair once with eyelash glue but it took me ages getting it out any ideas?
love Rachel x x x
By MunchkinSarah
On 09/01/2007 15:18:46
Im thinking about getting gas straighteners for dance comps as they dont seem to let you plug hair straighteners in!
Does anyone no if they are any good and it is worth buying them? i dont wanna buy them and then realise they are no good :( and cant use them :(
Thanks x
By jazz8
On 09/03/2007 08:57:24
i was wondering what are them snake looking things you put in your hair at night to make it curley the next day called and how much are they?
By jazz8
On 09/03/2007 08:59:14
i was wondering what are them snake looking things you put in your hair at night to make it curley the next day called and how much are they?
By jazz8
On 09/03/2007 09:06:50
I can never get my qwiffs looking big I use lots of hair but it doesnt work does anyone know why?
By jazz8
On 09/03/2007 09:07:12
I can never get my qwiffs looking big I use lots of hair but it doesnt work does anyone know why?
By MunchkinSarah
On 09/07/2007 13:31:50
Thanks thats much apprecaited...think i might buy some!
Lovage
By XxdancechickxX
On 09/30/2007 13:25:19
hi great post
does any 1 no how i can do my hair for comps
i have very short hair (jus a little above my sholders)
it will be a great help

ps:i am a begginer

ali
By PrincessJK
On 10/10/2007 11:15:35
Hiya Emma,

As a mother of a little one who's just started going to dance comps, I have to say thanks for all your wonderful advice on the page, it's been of a great help.
Keep up the good work,
Tanx again,
Jayde's mum...
By jadeyx
On 11/10/2007 05:58:41
Hi i have my hair in hoops at the back and the bottom ponytail is curled the thing is that at comps the curls go into 1 big curl and it dosent loook nice any advice
By jokim78
On 11/13/2007 15:04:28
I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has given advice, my daughter has just started competitions and we have one coming up soon, I know what we will be doing from now until then.Thanks again
By kenziebabe
On 12/01/2007 11:53:53
Heeya
this is a great post - all of your hair is really stunning
i better get practising doing mine lol x
By xdiscodancerx
On 01/04/2008 07:39:32
For my slow i have a lace headpiece that grips to your hair and i dont know how to have my hair its a bit hard to put up because of the short layers my hairs about shoulder length..x hope you can help..x bry.x
By dancingkeisha
On 01/06/2008 14:58:14
this is a great page loads of great advice will try some new do,s thanx
By Anita_Elwick
On 01/27/2008 12:11:39
Great post. My daughter always ends up with a high ponytail and its a bit boring so might try one of these styles. Great help. Thanks Anita xx
By terri_brit_ebs
On 01/29/2008 07:48:43
hi, tried a new style on brittany as shown on photo, I think it suits her. I sectioned her hair into 3 ponys then did braids up one side of her head, she had the front piece of hair wrapped over to the side with quiff. I found this was an easy style that looks good. what do you think??? terri xx
By harri_star
On 02/11/2008 06:06:48
Hiya, My mum used to do my hair like this and i have taught my friend how to do it as well. the finished result should end up like a bun when a doughnut is used. 1) Secure your hair in a neat pony tail in the middle of your head. 2) take one small section and loop around your fingers until it is in a barrel shape and secure with grips. 3) Continue to do this with all of the sections until the whole pony tail has been done in this way. 4) if gaps appear between the loops slightly pull the barrels to the side and he gaps should be coverd. 5) Spray with hairspray this is a picture of the finished result: ^^ From the side this is another picture but with one of the barrels plaited and looped a bit lower Hope this helps! Love Harri*xx
By Tinie
On 02/17/2008 09:42:45
Emma. You should have been a hairdresser babe .. you'd be as big as tony&guy right now lol! your great... love you xxx
By belle2k8
On 02/19/2008 09:57:14
hi emma im in u14 starters and am very small for my age i really need a hairstyle that will really make me get noticed any ideas???? thanks xxx belle xxx
By racheal1
On 02/21/2008 12:52:13
Hi I Need A Mad But Nice HAirstyle For Tomoz.... help Please...xxxx Any Ideas...? ASAP PLEASE....xx
By maddyverran
On 03/08/2008 13:53:17
This Is a great post :D x x x x x
By xNATZx
On 03/19/2008 14:19:26
Hiya.. thanks for all the usfull tips guys..!! they are all wikid and im defantly going to have to try some..!! Natz xx
By MunchkinSarah
On 03/31/2008 05:16:10
Hey! I've Just Gone Up Into U16 Starters, And My Next Comps The First Time In This Age Group! I'm A Bit Wacky, And Usually I Spike My Hair Up, And Just Straighten The Ends, As My Hair Isnt Too Long... Just Above My Shoulders, I Cant Put A Quiff In (Its Too Short) And My Teacher Doesnt Like Hair Extensions... What Can I Do? I Am Never Getting Callbacks, And The Only Thing That Is Different About Me, Compared To Everyone Else Is My Hair! My Next Comps On Sunday, So If Anyone Can Help Me, It Would Be Much Appreciated! Lots Of Love, Sarah xxx
By StaceyMonaghan_x
On 04/14/2008 11:09:50
this is a great post :D its really helpful, but i like wearing a hair extension, as theres no fuss and also my teacher likes a straight pony for team, so it means i can have bith a curly/ backcombed/crimped pony and then easily take it out and have my straight normal hair :D !
By dancinava
On 05/28/2008 13:47:19
great hair ideas, my daughter is new to competition dancing so the advice here and the pictures have given me some good ideas on what to do with her hair ,THANKS
By DanceFaweva
On 05/29/2008 04:44:44
Heyah Great advice i'm going to use the quiff one at my next comp thanks emma_jayne From Lauriann x
By xXxlv_2_dancexXx
On 06/24/2008 15:55:01
I love to back comb the girls hair for comps i think it looks real funky the only thing is u need to make sure it stays big otherwise it will go flat and just look messy. hope this helps :D x
By kerryD
On 07/02/2008 03:32:50
A new mum to the comp circuit just loved all the advice post, read the hair do's and took away some ideas and prcriced..I think my daughter might have to grow her hair for some of the ideas though...many thanks.
By IndiasmilerBetts
On 07/14/2008 11:47:09
Hi what hair styles should go with what head pieces?? My daughter has feathered head piece as per her picture shown and i just give her a quiff and side pony tail but feel it does not look as good as other styles. Can you advise me on what would look good and stand out. Thank you
By dancinfaye
On 07/15/2008 07:37:39
hi, we are new to comps and need some ideas for my daughters hair, its waist lenght and very straight with lots of wispy bits, does anyone have any ideas what we can do with it for her first comp on sunday, Heather
By hannaht566
On 07/18/2008 09:52:58
hi! just thought i'd say how usefull I found these tips! I used to have someone do my hair but now thanks to your tips I can do it myself! xx
By EBONY8
On 08/20/2008 10:37:28
this is a brilliant post.. it gave me loads of tips and ideas.. cant wait to my next comp to try them out:):):) xxx ebony xxx
By DancerxBeth
On 09/07/2008 02:21:39
thanks for some of the hairstyles everyone. i will try and try some of them out. thanks for posting all the pictures. x
By summers
On 09/25/2008 15:41:02
this was my hairstyle last year and I loved it. carra x
By AilsaM
On 10/17/2008 12:51:24
Thank you so much !
By harri_star
On 12/24/2008 02:16:23
Hiya, There is a great hairspray currently on the market I found out just how great it was when I used it at my dance show! [hl=yellow]Tresemee Freeze Hold[/hl] It works a treat and holds your hair tightly inplace. It is easy to brush out. For styles such as loops or spikes its great because it is very strong. A little of it goes a long way! Hope this helps! Harri*xx
By LittleLauren
On 01/09/2009 12:34:33
great post,,I've got some really good tips now.....Love all the fab photos
By dizzydancer1
On 01/10/2009 12:35:44
Ive decided to have something a little simple this year for my next comp . Just wondering if you haD any pics of A bun . An tell me how to do them i would like i side parten with a side bun wb rebeccx
By ames4mase
On 01/11/2009 10:47:34
Hiya, I love those big buns with all the loops and grips, they look fantastic! The thing is my hair is really long and used to be really thick. Its gotten thinner lately, but its still really heavy and I know that if I did my hair in one of those buns for slow it would fall out straight away! Has anyone got any advice on how to make my hair look that gorgeous and stay put while I dance?? Thanks Amy xx
By Kiirst
On 01/19/2009 13:35:46
i did y hair like this quiff nd side ponytail plent of grips/ clips and hairr sprayyy http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&MemberId=3685122328&PhotoAlbumId=7373840004&PhotoId=7766602552
By dancer_aimyXo
On 02/13/2009 08:26:33
some Realy Useful hair styles Ill Be sure too get help on doing them by using your advice thanks =]
By Amelia_Milly_moo
On 02/18/2009 09:11:33
Hi Emma My daughters new to the world of dance and you definitely seem to be the person to talk to about hair and make-up!!!! Great post by the way and I'm looking forward to attempting some styles for her first comp on the 1st March! She is only just 6 so going to be in the U8 beginners am I right in thinking the rules have changed re make-up? I'm getting really confused what is she allowed? Thanks so much Katrina
By dramaqueen18
On 02/18/2009 15:22:46
hiya I have my hair in a quiff and three pony tails but I would like to have a change I have been trying all different things but they don't really work because my hair is really long and I would not like to cut it because I would cry :( so if anyone could help me I would be very thankful for it :) x
By Duttonx
On 02/19/2009 12:37:06
I need some ideas on a good hair style thats easy to do and looks fab on the floor Please help Molxoxo
By ChampDancerJ
On 02/25/2009 10:57:15
This is great i have had the same problem with one side of my quiff being thin and it not staying up all day, i will try it your way this weekend xxx princess jaime leigh xxx
By memmy
On 03/02/2009 12:45:21
your friend katie looks fab with her make up il give it a go for the comp and il let you no the outlook x
By xamyhartx
On 03/09/2009 07:33:53
hey I am about to start comps and am confused about what to do with my hair, I have a longish "pob" (victoria beckham bob) last night I tried the quiff thing and it looked really good but I dont know what to do with the rest of it!!! please help!! xx
By xamyhartx
On 03/09/2009 07:34:24
hey I am about to start comps and am confused about what to do with my hair, I have a longish "pob" (victoria beckham bob) last night I tried the quiff thing and it looked really good but I dont know what to do with the rest of it!!! please help!! xx
By squella
On 03/26/2009 06:12:35
Great help and advice....some stunning hair designs which I can have a go at for my next comp!! thanks everyone!!
By codismum
On 03/30/2009 13:59:39
my daughter is small in height and i need to create height as she looks tiny in u8s any suggestions except backcoming or a quiff x
By XJessieBabiieeX
On 04/11/2009 15:14:25
Hiiya x i love your post #:D and some hairstyles on here are very pretty :D thank you these have helped me alot :D love Jessiie x
By nanaann
On 04/19/2009 13:31:40
practice makes perfect and use a good hair spray,since you posted this i bet you can do your hair great now.
By megluvs2dance
On 05/11/2009 15:53:50
what a great post love megan
By connormccann
On 05/19/2009 11:56:07
This Is Realyy good advice emma keep up the good workk btw you must be realy goo at typing lmao
By Jadie1
On 06/29/2009 15:17:47
Good advice love you lots Jade & Sal x
By Lauren_xo
On 07/05/2009 13:25:53
great post :) helped me lots xx
By madhouse_mum
On 07/14/2009 13:42:40
hi emma im new to dance my daughter has just had her first competition and all your posts have been a great help,you're tips are fantastic i am looking forward to reading new posts on hair and make up. thanks jo x
By AgnesA1x
On 07/22/2009 11:02:34
EMMA, Can you tell me and can some people put some pictures up off what type of hair I can have for beginners?, I need somthing to make me stand out and MAKE UPP!!! something I can doo and that will get me straight up to starterss as iam starting comps in september, (first comp + I goto zoom upp+ I have been training hard for nearly 9 months now and no comps yet, :( but now iam going to do them for the first time and I want to zoom upp and winn!! with amazing hair and make up that will make me stand out !!! Lotss of Love Agnes x x
By mumof4
On 08/11/2009 10:24:26
hi, hoping for some ideas for a hairdo for my 7yr old daughter Leah. Her hair is very long (3/4 down her back) and very fine. Looking for something to really get her noticed!!! All help and ideas would be greatly appreciated - I'm rubbish at doing her hair. lol thanks, Vicky
By ameila_12
On 08/11/2009 16:01:51
thanks for the advice my quiffs are getting better and i have tryed different styles aswell thanks again
By Rebecca96
On 08/21/2009 13:49:38
thanks for the great idea's. I have a fringe, and am struggling for hair idea's for it.
By Amber_x
On 08/24/2009 13:57:21
Hiya some really great hairstyles have been posted :P the hairstyle I have had at my past 2 comps has been a very high ponytail with loads of bobbles and hairspray to make it stick up more but before you do the ponytail you section off some hair at the front and do a giant quiff ! involves alot of hairspray LOL xxxx love amber
By FutureStarSinead
On 08/24/2009 14:19:17
Hii :) im dancing in adults on sunday for the first time! and I just got a new headpiece too I want something different and something that makes me look older! please help! xxxxxxx
By sarahXD
On 08/24/2009 15:22:38
great post helped me out alot. :) xxx
By sarahXD
On 08/26/2009 01:31:47
i used gel on my hair at my last comp and it seemed to work :)
By Haesel_Dancer_x
On 08/31/2009 13:13:49
Hey everyone! Just thought I would share this hairstyle I tryed at my freinds house the other night. It's really easy because I managed to do it all by myself :P. 1)Take out a large section at the front of your hair for the quif and clip it out the way. 2)Split the rest of your hair into three even sections and tie them into three ponytails. 3)Do the quif by backcombing the underneath and spritsing it with hairspray then put a lare of hair over the top and kirby it down. 4) Finish by spraying loads of hairspray! This hairstyle would probably look a bit better with crimped hair. Love Haesel x
By Haesel_Dancer_x
On 08/31/2009 13:15:55
Just thought I would say the above comment ^^^ gives the effect of the hair looking longer. Love Haesel x
By alex_in_da_hood
On 09/01/2009 03:55:36
Wow This is amazing Thanks for all the great posts, But does anyone no how to do a barrel bun or just a ridiculously huge bun?? I'm in beginners and i am absolutely tiny cos I dance in under 14s andI'm about the size of a 9yr old:(!! Any advice would be great Thanks Lots of love Alex xx
By alex_in_da_hood
On 09/01/2009 04:06:54
OOPS forgot to say you all look stunning!
By alex_in_da_hood
On 09/03/2009 06:55:53
O.M.G I tried theese hairstylese and they looked amazing thankyou girls soo much happy dancing:P!
By sarahXD
On 09/05/2009 13:37:18
this was my first attempt at a lady gaga bow - i think it went quite well actually :)
By sarahXD
On 09/05/2009 13:38:37
this was my first attempt at a lady gaga bow - i think it went quite well actually :)
By sarahXD
On 09/05/2009 13:40:32
oops I dont know why that posted twice lol :P
By mizzdancequeen
On 09/07/2009 05:06:39
how do you have your hair for a comp? i need some good ideas because i keep using the same hairstyle. some great advice would be really helpful thanks hannah...x
By demilee
On 09/12/2009 16:04:28
hi there, your advice on how to do quiffs is fab, tried it today and for 1st time my daughters quiff was perfect!thanks hun x
By MellaJones
On 09/20/2009 12:21:38
thhis post is great it has helped me alot mel x
By EllieMayfair
On 10/18/2009 15:47:42
This post is brilliant! Will be trying some of these out when my bans over in january :-)
By DiscoJade_x
On 10/20/2009 02:47:24
Hi:)x I Have Shoulder Length Hair And Wsa wondering How To Put Extensions Into A Long slick Pony Without It Being Bumpy? Thanks x
By jules52
On 10/25/2009 13:03:13
Hi! Just wanted to say many thanks for the hair tips, my daughter, Matilda and I are still learning!
By Nikki1996x
On 11/17/2009 12:30:02
Thanks For The Tips On The Quiff, As I Always Get Stuck lol! Nicola :) x
By lily01lees
On 01/08/2010 11:15:32
Hi My little girl is starting her comps on 17th Jan , its her first ever comp and she is 7. Im just wondering what hair styles are up to date now so I can get some ideas of what to do with her hair for fast and slow. She has got really long brown hair, same length all over with no fringe. Thanks
By leah_lousmum
On 01/18/2010 15:37:52
hi there , im after some new ideas for my daughters hair at comps , the post has been so usefull to help me do quiffs and stuff ,but for some reason i cannot see the photos posted it says account inactive on them and id really like to see the 3 pony ones , just wondered if anyone had links to a good website or something with some good ideas for competition hair thanks so much
By xx_Tara_xx
On 01/29/2010 15:24:23
Thanks sooo much ,, it's a great post , this really helped Lots of love Tara :) xxx
By bootyshaka1
On 01/30/2010 15:43:47
thanks great advice
By FabDancerBethany
On 02/03/2010 12:27:25
I'm going for a low side-bun with a wavy bun wrap and a MASSIVE quiff!
By stephandnikita
On 02/07/2010 14:20:54
thank you for your hair advice its really usefull. I cant wait to try them out on my daughter. x
By jadeybabey1
On 02/10/2010 11:52:19
just wandering if you could help me out, ive seen people using padding within their hair atm to make their quiff look bigger and as though it has more volume does anyone know where to get these from thanks alot jade xx
By DancerBabeX
On 02/14/2010 12:33:41
IM STUCK !!!! How do you do it when you have a massive quiff and like a long fanned out pony tail, but its crimped? Like shakiaas hair? i really need answers D: ! -Lana xx [dollface3]
By lissi_dance345
On 03/02/2010 11:50:49
has any one got a hair style thats quite simple fro a u12
By Brooke11
On 03/06/2010 08:07:49
hairspray all the way
By Brooke11
On 03/06/2010 08:10:12
I would use hairspray and lots of clips I have a little sister I did one wet it then put hairspray in it works ! xxxx hugs and kisses and good luck! Brooke
By xxciaradancerxx
On 03/09/2010 08:34:03
hey, Hhis such a useful post. I am going to try some of these tips at my next comp... Ciara x x x x
By Morganbabe
On 03/21/2010 14:53:46
great advise thanks x x
By Robynn_Rs
On 04/30/2010 16:07:02
Thanks Emma , for that hairstyle :) Love Robynnn x xxxx
By danceSTAR_
On 05/03/2010 09:49:43
hey,I have really layerd hair and my fringe is preety short whats the best way to make it big and good hair styles?xx
By xAimeeLeex
On 05/13/2010 05:02:34
Some really good tips on this thread, one piece of advice for getting really smooth hair when in a ponytail is to use a natural bristled brush (and hairspray as well of course) x
By kissali
On 05/31/2010 10:24:21
heya i have very long thick hair and wen i dance it falls out i need help plz xxxx love ali hers a pic of how i wear it but it wont stay up
By Behky_
On 06/05/2010 07:25:52
Hiya :) i was just wondering if you have any ideas for doing my hair as i just got it done and i have the spikes in it now and its really hard to do something with it ( any ideas welcome :) oh! and btw great post :D love behky __ x
By Behky_
On 06/05/2010 07:39:45
Hiya :) i was just wondering if you have any ideas for doing my hair as i just got it done and i have the spikes in it now and its really hard to do something with it ( any ideas welcome :) oh! and btw great post :D love behky __ x
By geema1
On 06/05/2010 07:48:50
Hiiii :] needing a bit of hairhelp. I have bright blonde hair which is sometimes referred too as white. It is just over shoulder length although I always wear hairextensions which blend really well with my hair and add great length. At comps I usually wear my hair in a quiff and high ponytail. Any ideas of some new styles I could wear at comps and that make my hair colour really stand out? Thanks alot, with love Gemma XXX.
By lucytruten_x
On 06/17/2010 12:53:44
this is such a good helpful post :)
By JoandBecks
On 06/28/2010 15:21:38
Hi, This is Becky's giant quiff! 1st time attempted - what do you think? Jo.
By Becky303
On 07/09/2010 12:39:44
Wow Quiff looks amazin and is one of the first hairstyles that didn't hurt but looked amazin, Thanks, Becky. xxx
By Mimi12
On 07/15/2010 09:11:33
My daughter is 7 and has quite long hair. I usually crimp it and do a big quiff and the rest in 2 high bobbled on the side. I want to do something a bit different to get her noticed as she dances beginners so she needs to stand out. Any suggestions please? Xx
By BBnEmma
On 09/08/2010 15:40:14
Wow so many ideas, we have been stuck for new ideas. A Great post that has given me lots of ideas and best go away and do some major practice. Thank you M
By Dancefootiemum
On 09/25/2010 13:56:24
What a great post this has helped so much thankyou :)
By DestinyAllen
On 11/18/2010 14:18:25
Brilliant post with some really usefull tips, i will be putting them into practise. Thank you soooooo much, i will be keeping an eye on your post for different styles and updates. Many Thanks your a star X
By smileyjojo
On 12/20/2010 10:34:48
thats some very good advice so I am just going to post some karma ;). Keep this great information coming :! Thanks very much Jordynlee x:Dx
By elliejaytyers
On 01/16/2011 10:59:49
Great hairstyles cant wait to try them out x
By cazshaz
On 01/21/2011 04:49:05
Thanks for the advice, going to have a go this weekend.
By CharlyJ
On 02/14/2011 07:38:13
Thanks for you help, hopefully it will go right this time :) xx
By princessemilie5
On 02/20/2011 17:09:06
Great post!!! im so usless with hair lol, my little girl is 5 and cannot sit still for 5 mins so need ideas for quick but eye catching hairstyles. Little Emilies mummy xx
By alteredimage
On 03/15/2011 04:56:21
Hello Does anyone have any hints and tips on how to do these lovely big beehives or big rolls on top of head? I know the basics of backcombing but never turns out right as my daughter has waist length hair. Practised lots but struggle on the day and end up with quiff and crimped side ponytail. These rolls look amazing and I really do want to master them. Thanks Angelene and Nicole xx
By Jordysmum
On 03/20/2011 05:05:19
Thanks Emma that really helped alot as my daughter wants something new with her hair as the old quif and pony tail crimped is getting a bit boring ! :) Jordaine
By chazwithanarr
On 03/21/2011 12:30:54
hey :) I was just wondering if anyone knows how people do the bows in their hair. I've seen it quite a few comps and it looks really nice :)
By ElliesMumxx
On 04/28/2011 15:10:58
Some great ideas x Cant wait to try them on my daughter. She has just started comps so hopefully I'll be able to master hair quickly x
By gillmac1
On 05/09/2011 04:32:23
Thanks for all the advice, have had a few disasters, this should help x
By Samdancer1
On 05/09/2011 14:04:39
I'm still new on here so sorry if this has already been asked but where's the best place to buy hair pins for the best price? Thanks x
By Hayleey_x
On 05/13/2011 13:03:35
hey i was just wondering, do you have any hairstyles that you can wear with a headset apart from quiffs e,t,c?xx
By debzieb
On 05/23/2011 16:33:32
some really useful tips. I am just new on here and trying to get the hang of all of this x
By Emzixxx
On 05/29/2011 10:42:43
Thanks my mum is going to try this out before our next comp as we also find it really hard to get a good quiff that lasts xxx
By emmy_n_ellas_mum
On 06/02/2011 07:06:31
Thanks for the quiff advise. Going to try it for my daughters next comp.
By riannesmum
On 06/08/2011 05:57:37
great advice don't know how well it would work on my daughters afro but i will give it a try xx
By RalphLauren
On 07/08/2011 12:57:17
hello, i have seen loads of dancers with the really tight curly hair up on top, just wondering how it is done ? as someone said its actually a wig piece, you put on a bun? if it is where do you get them from please? x
By FabDancerBethany
On 07/18/2011 09:59:03
For my hair, i sometimes do this... 1. Tie the hair into a really high ponytail on top of your head. 2. Take a small layer from the front and back comb it. 3. Kirby the backcombing so that it looks like a neat ball of tugs lol. 4. Push the rest of the hair forwards and curl the ends under, then secure it reallly good with kirbies :) x Bethany (U/12 inter) xxx
By CarrieBee
On 08/21/2011 17:07:32
loads of helpful tips and tricks!
By funsamantha
On 09/14/2011 13:22:55
hey, theyre £5.00 from claires xxx
By funsamantha
On 10/13/2011 11:37:49
what you can do is to put 5 or 6 buns (if you have enough hair) down the middle of your hair down the back, i think it looks really nice also, if you want, you mcan put in a quiff at the front xxx
By cheekychesca
On 10/29/2011 16:17:26
Great post! I love experimenting with hair styles especially because the fashion always changes. Its always good to be unique and do what suits you rather than thinking you have to have a quiff and a pony because all of the other girls have them. They're are some great styles and tips online . If u type in 'big hair' in google images, you will get some unique ideas. As long as you've got hairspray, a comb and a lot of bands and grips, you can do anything no matter how short, long thick or thin your hair is. I change my hair every competition. At the moment i scrape my hair in a high pony tail, back-comb it a little bit and spray then i roll it forward so it is in a big bun shape then spray and grip it loads. Then i clip hir extensions in underneath the big bun and sometimes crimp then but make sure its not too heavy as this can be a massive distraction when you dance. Luckily i have a headpiece that holds everything down :-) Another good idea is to use hair doughnuts. They're really effective and if you crimp and back-comb the hair before putting it into the bun, they can be massive and stunning :-D I have recently bought 2 hair doughnuts and sown/joined them together and this makes you have a massive bun and can look really gorgeous. Just make sure you use lots of hair grips :-) Sorry for long reply! i get carried away with hair :-p lol Thanks again! CheSca xx
By lj100
On 11/03/2011 10:38:34
hi. My daughter is 5 and just about to start comps. she used to have long hair but got it cut to her shoulders in a bob a few weeks ago. Any ideas on what to do with her hair for a comp? Doing her first one at the end of the month so Ive got time to practice. Thanks, Laura x x x
By allyf
On 12/09/2011 10:33:41
rubbish at doing the hair and you lot make it sound so easy.must get practising
By WeeLellsmum
On 01/03/2012 02:35:50
Try extensions my daughters 5, I put her hair in a ponytail then wrap the extensions round. I Crimp her hair and the extentions then back comb abit, looks big and full and quite quick Lissa x
By Miasmum
On 01/05/2012 15:03:20
I want to put Mia's hair in a high pony and wrap her extensions around for a fuller, longer effect, but how do you get it to stay thin/smooth? I have a pony wrap that came with her costume but it bulges if you get what I mean lol x
By geekayess
On 04/08/2012 11:25:06
how can you keep your hair still when it's in a quiff and when you're dancing?
By EffyB
On 04/08/2012 14:33:17
I do a massive quiff by back combing the first 1/4 of my hair, then I tie the rest of my hair in to two pony tails. Afterwards I backcomb the whole lot, so that it comes all round the quiff... I have quite thick hair, so I have alot to mess around with! Hope this helps:--) Elle xx
By dizzyclaire1976
On 04/10/2012 11:06:21
i'm not very creative with my daughters hair but i have been backcombing it for a long while and worry that i'm ruining her hair i was told to use hair extensions but unsure what to do with them?
By molliemoo2011
On 04/13/2012 09:39:52
how do youhave you hair if your hairs not very long but you want it really big xx
By xxxnellydancerxx
On 04/28/2012 09:52:45
Hi :P I have this hairstyle :) I used this style for beginner freestyle. To do this: 1:Crimp all of your hair. 2:Tie in 3 ponytails down the back of your head. 3:Put a quiff in your hair (i used emma's advice) whatever height you want. 4:Backcomb the top ponytail a small bit. 5:Get the bottom ponytail and bring it up around the top one then simply clip to your head at the top. :D Hppy Dncing :) Noelle xx
By shawneeTOD
On 05/01/2012 10:55:29
Great hair ideas and good photos!!! Xxx
By katiea6004
On 05/08/2012 11:52:39
brilliant to read through everyones advice in one place x
By wendyg
On 07/18/2012 20:07:33
My daughter is a beginner and I was wondering what I could do with her hair, love all the suggestions and advice, will definately be trying some of these styles xx
By alison0204
On 09/29/2012 17:14:03
Great advice! Thank you:):)!
By AshleighRichards
On 10/15/2012 17:30:05
Fibre fantastic have the most stunning, up to date, well made hair pieces!! So easy to wear too xxxx
By ellieKGDA
On 10/28/2012 11:54:24
hi can everyone post new pics as I dont know what is in at the moment x
By chaosonthefloor
On 10/29/2012 14:27:02
You can now buy hair hair combs with a pad on them made from the same mesh used for bun formers.They come in assorted colours blonde, brown and black.you need to part your hair from side to side and push the comb in place and put the hair over the top . crimped hair , then backcombed seems to stay in place better too.
By EffyB
On 01/13/2013 15:37:32
I have my hair in a tight high pony, then I take a section of the hair and either fish plait it or just do a normal plait with it, once I've done this I tie and and wrap it round the pony and grip it. Next, I take the rest of the hair and take it over to one side and sort of make it into a bun thing, and grip it all the round the edge, simple effective and doesn't take me much time x
By EffyB
On 01/13/2013 15:38:46
I have my hair in a tight high pony, then I take a section of the hair and either fish plait it or just do a normal plait with it, once I've done this I tie and and wrap it round the pony and grip it. Next, I take the rest of the hair and take it over to one side and sort of make it into a bun thing, and grip it all the round the edge, simple effective and doesn't take me much time x
By MissAiliex
On 04/23/2013 09:19:16
Great post !I love all the hairdos ive always stuck to very high and very crimped ponies ! Ive started to a big bun for slow its so elegant and beautiful ! There is alot of advice and great hair do's ! As ive already said great post ! LOL

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 01/08/2022 09:33:14