Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 2 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 13 14
Heya!
By lozdadancindiva Comments: 73, member since Sat Apr 08, 2006
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:12 AM
Hey I was just wondering how can you glue dimamonties or however you spell it :? Lol to your hair with out ruining it?
Your post is a great help by the way! thank you!
♥[L]ozzie ♥
re: ***final hair help post***
By x_G30R914_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 186, member since Sat Oct 07, 2006
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:23 PM
OMG thanks Emma
i got mums Dollz head [Shes hairdresser]
and i done the bottom style were you french plait
half the head etc.
In my opinion it looks REALLY good
its not as good as yours though :D
Georgia x
Im gonna get sum1 to do it for me, for hastings !
By lishakendra Comments: 32, member since Sun Oct 22, 2006
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 01:46 PM
Hiya
Can Beginners wear makeup on their face people have told me im not allowed but i have seen beginners with their make up done and would you be able to email me some pictures of hair pictures that are simple but nice because i can really understand how to do some of the hair style neither can my hairdresser thanks
Love Lisha xxxx
By dancingrachmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1230, member since Sun Jul 27, 2003
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 02:27 PM
Hi,
In order to get Rhinestones to stick in your hair you will need mastik glue. They usually sell it at the comps on the stalls or most dance shops see it.

Smooth down the hair where you want to stick the stone and apply some glue (about as much as you would when gluing rhinestones to material) then place the stone on to the hair and hold down, wait 10 secs ish and spray with hairspray.

Hope this helps!

love rach
xoxoxo
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 03:25 PM
hiya

lisha, about makeup, YES beginners can wear makeup hunnie,
here's some pics of me and some of my friends make up for comps.

this is me with my solo makeup,beginners can have their makeup like this because there are no stones on it :)
Image hotlink - 'http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/emmajayne_/PIC00389.jpg'

my friend emma's makeup, again, beginners can have their makeup like this because there is no stones on it :)
Image hotlink - 'http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/emmajayne_/MF-emmapairs4.jpg'

a close up of eye makeup
Image hotlink - 'http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/emmajayne_/MF-bexmakeup.jpg'

me again
Image hotlink - 'http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/emmajayne_/PIC00240.jpg'

me again, with different makeup
Image hotlink - 'http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/emmajayne_/Meposingat5.jpg'

my friend katie
Image hotlink - 'http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/emmajayne_/PIC00sdfee121.jpg'

i think that will do for makeup hehe :)

what kind of hair styles did you want to know about???
let me know and i'll see if i can find some pictures for you :)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By dancing_babe5member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 132, member since Sun Apr 16, 2006
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 03:33 PM
well thanks to emma for putting this all inot 1! :D i now have some good ideas for hair!! :] i also have some tips for oter people! get a peice @ the front of your hair and ge it and bring
it across your face and grip it! then do a quiff behind it! then put it in a bun and there you go ! hay presto you have another hair style!!!
nikki :P
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 03:35 PM
Hiya
Thankyou sooo much you helped me loads well i like french plaits but i want something differnt that will stand out make me and my partner look noticeable if you can find any pics that will be great help thanks alot
LOVE LISHA xxxx :D
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 03:39 PM
Hello
Thanks alot fot putting pictures and giving advice you have really been a good help for hair styles i like french plaits crimps and curles do you any hair styles that include them because me and my partner want something that stand out thanks again hun
Love Lisha
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 03:41 PM
it wont let me reply
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 03:54 PM
hiya

right, i dont have any pics of this but i'll get some for you.
i'll explain it to you anyway ;)

1) do a big quiff (use the 8 steps on page 1), scrape the rest of your hair into a high middle pony, either straigten,curl, or crimp, then put in a hair wrap.

2) quiff (use the 8 steps on page 1)
then have 3 or 4 french pleats at 1 or either side of your hair going into the middle.
do 3 or 4 ponys (same number as you have french pleats), and either straighten them, crimp them or curl them.
nice and simple but still very effective.

3) put your hair in a side parting, sleek all the hair into either a low side or middle pony.
either curl,crimp or straighten.
also you could put the hair in a big bun instead of curling,crimping or straightening.

nice and simple but VERY effective

anymore questions, just ask

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By andypandymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2745, member since Sun Oct 19, 2003
On Tue Oct 24, 2006 03:28 PM
hi emma

just a question about hair dyes! i really want a few really light blonde streaks in my hair but when ive tried dyeing it blonde in the past they havn't really worked out even with bleach!
is it my hair being a pain or do i need to try something different?

love andrea :)
On Tue Oct 24, 2006 03:54 PM
hiya andrea

right, to get the REALLY light blond streaks/flashes you would deffinately be best to go to a salon to get it done!!!
the peroxide they use in salons is stronger than the stuff you can buy in say superdrug etc as it is formulated specifically for professionals!!!

what they will do is discuss what look you want to achieve, so say flashes (chunks of colour), they will section off the hair and place a foil underneath the section, then apply the bleach to it, close up the foil into a packet, then do the rest of the sections you want.
they will keep checking them until they get the desired lift of colour.

you might not be able to get the platinum blond look straight away, but stick with it.

also when you colour/bleach your hair you really should invest in a good conditioning treatment which you should use once or twice a week, and also a good leave in conditioner too (personally i LOVE the aussie range ;) )

hope i've helped hun, any more questions just ask away.

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx

ps, it might be more helpful if you could hotlink a photo of your hair, that way i MIGHT be able to tell you if its your hair, or if it's the products you have been using :) xxx
re: ***final hair help post*** (karma: 1)
By Sean_McIlroymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2191, member since Mon Feb 17, 2003
On Tue Oct 24, 2006 06:33 PM
Hey Emma Jayne :P

Fab post

your hair and make up is ALWAYS stunning !!

i have some pics ill hotlink them up later

free time in college was bored... i grab the nearest victim in the class and say you want to be a disco dancer lol :O

xxx
By Lv_2_DaNcEmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 696, member since Sun Oct 24, 2004
On Wed Oct 25, 2006 04:57 AM
Hiya!!

I used to have my hair like this :
Image hotlink - 'http://images.dance.net/images/i788/29651.403picture_697.jpg'

but now i just have a big quiff and it scraped to the side in a bun.

love louise x
On Wed Oct 25, 2006 08:21 AM
hiya

thanks for that louise, that hairstyle is STUNNING :D
would you be able to post some instructions on how to do it??? just to make it a bit easier for people who arent very familiar with doing hair, thanks hun.

aww thanks sean :) HAHA i know what you mean about grabbing random class mates at college, im forever doing that, just never seem to have my camera with me Grrrr!!!LOL!!!

thanks again everybody, keep the questions,advice and photo's coming.

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By andypandymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2745, member since Sun Oct 19, 2003
On Wed Oct 25, 2006 04:03 PM
hi emma
thanks for the advice again!!! i'll defo take that advice! !
this post had been really helpful i think it should really be made a sticky!

i'll try and hot link a picture of my hair but hotlinking never seems to work out very well for me unfortunately:(

anyways thanks again
love andrea :)
On Wed Oct 25, 2006 04:24 PM
hiya andrea

no probs hun, you can email me a pic if you want??? pm me and i'll give you my email address hun.

hehe i think it should be made a sticky too :)

thanks again everyone, keep the advice/questions coming :)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By dancingtriomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4287, member since Mon Oct 17, 2005
On Wed Oct 25, 2006 05:43 PM
hiya emma,

what a great post,my daughter has been asking
me to do a big quiff for her for a long time
and ive never had the confidence to do one for her
because i didnt know how,but you explained it brilliantly
so i will try it for a comp this sunday and let you know how
how we get on,many thanks.

love from deborah xxx
By streetchickmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1852, member since Sun Aug 29, 2004
On Thu Oct 26, 2006 01:56 AM
Hiya x
I absolutely love your post! lol!
It should be a sticky!
Its sooo helpful! :D!
I'll be busy these holidays!...

...Do you have any ideas on how I could do my hair for comps?
I have medium length hair, but I wear a top hat so I can't do a quiff or anything! :(!

Any help would be loved!
Love
Jasmine
xxxx
On Thu Oct 26, 2006 05:42 AM
hiya

glad you all like the post :)

re jasmine: you could put your hair in a side parting, sleek all your hair into a side pony (the opposite side to where you wear your top hat) and put it into a big bun.

or... again sleek the front over, put the hair into 3 side pony's and backcomb them (like how i do my hair except over at the side), you could crimp it then backcomb it too if you wanted to.

or... again sleek the front over, put the hair into 3 side pony's and put them in barrel curls (coils), either neatly with the ends tucked in, or leave the ends out and spike them up.

hope i've helped hun :)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By streetchickmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1852, member since Sun Aug 29, 2004
On Thu Oct 26, 2006 01:17 PM
Hiya x
Thanks sooo much chick for the advice!
I'll try them, take some pics and post them on here! :P
Lol!
Karma for you!
Love
Jasmine
xxxx
By Energy_Dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2348, member since Tue Apr 26, 2005
On Thu Oct 26, 2006 01:23 PM
Can anyone Help me with rags/curls ? Mine only sometimes

Turn out and when they do turn out they are flat :P

Thanks Catherine xxx
On Thu Oct 26, 2006 02:17 PM
Edited by emma_jayne (54890) on 2006-10-26 14:49:04
Edited by emma_jayne (54890) on 2006-10-26 14:50:06
Edited by emma_jayne (54890) on 2006-10-26 14:51:34
hiya

aww glad i was able to help jasmine :)

re catherine: right(lol) i've NEVER been able to do rags so hopefully somebody else will be able to help out with that 1, but i CAN help you with curls :)

i'll give you advice for doing a full head of curls, then you can addapt it to how you have it ;)

1) wash your hair then put in a good size "blob" of mousse
2) dry your hair as normal
3) starting at the front of the head, take a small section of hair and comb through to get out any tangles
4) spray the section of hair with a strong hairspray and comb through again
5) take an end paper (sometimes called perm papers) or if you dont have them then cigarette papers work just as well
6) slide the paper up to the end of the hair and fold in half around the hair making sure you get all the ends tucked in
7) take the roller (whichever kind you want to use) and put it on the end paper
8) tuck the paper around the roller and roll the roller down the hair to the root
9) keep the tension on the hair so that you dont get any loose bits
10) continue this all over the head then give a final spray all over with hairspray
11) pop on a "sexy" hair net so that your curls dont go all fluffy ;)

REMEMBER:
1) always work from front of head to back of head
2) the smaller the roller, the tighter the curl
3) the smaller the section the better the hair will take the curl
4) the longer you leave the rollers in, the longer the curls will last

you would be best to put the rollers in on the saturday afternoon if possible and dont take them out until you get to the comp, otherwise they will drop too quickly.

when taking the rollers out, start at the bottom of the head and work up the way.
once all the rollers are out, give hair a sprits with hairspray

hope i've helped :) keep the questions and advice coming in

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
hair
On Fri Oct 27, 2006 04:30 AM
Hiya
Its lisha could you get me some pictures please asap xxxx Much love lisha xxxx
By Flumpsiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 5487, member since Sat Apr 15, 2006
On Fri Oct 27, 2006 09:10 AM
Hi Emma

Fab post, I am useless at hair, so I always get Siobhan to do Ambers slow for me as we can get away with everything lol

Here are some pictures

Image hotlink - 'http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/Shnoozieboo/DSCF0447.jpg'

Siobhan did this one for slow

Image hotlink - 'http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/Shnoozieboo/DSCF0497.jpg'

Easy one to do, quiff and crimp lol

Image hotlink - 'http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/Shnoozieboo/DSCF0567.jpg'

scraped back (third day of a festival lmao) two ponies crimped, this gives illusion that hair is longer, dont know who the stunner is at the side of Amber in this one? lmao ;)

Image hotlink - 'http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/Shnoozieboo/Ambersideviewofslow.jpg'

barrel curls, with added hair jewels

Image hotlink - 'http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/Shnoozieboo/DSCF0481.jpg'

quiff and crimped again

Image hotlink - 'http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/Shnoozieboo/Dancenetpout.jpg'

lmaoooo I tried this once, but I didnt know about using papers and all the ends were bitty,and the curls werent shiny, it ended up quite a mess, so tips for doin this would be greatly appreciated

Great post

Kim xxxxx :)
Page:
Page 2 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 13 14

ReplySendWatch