Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 4 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
re: ***final hair help post***
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Tue Nov 21, 2006 06:21 AM
hiya

thanks for those pics kim!!! :D
i think ambers hair looks absolutely STUNNING in curls at the side with a quiff!!! :D

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By live_life_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 11529, member since Mon Mar 28, 2005
On Mon Nov 27, 2006 04:59 AM
Can someone please tell me how to properly use a hair donut

i know how to do it but my hair is so thick and curly that they dont stay in and it doesnt look sleek :P

I need a way to wear my hair,
something like latin dancers and ballroom dancers have,

Any pics?

Aine x
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Mon Nov 27, 2006 01:43 PM
hiya hunnie

well personally i cant use them!!!lol!!!
but i explained a couple of replies up how i do the big latin style buns.

remember how i did you hair at grangemouth hun???
like that but just from the 1 pony and use bigger sections, keep all the ends neatly in and use lots of hairspray and shine spray/smoothing cream too.

i'll try and get a pic for you babes.

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By xK3RRYx Comments: 364, member since Thu Oct 26, 2006
On Wed Nov 29, 2006 02:39 PM
Great advice !! :D Might try one of them for Sunday :D
xK3RRYx
By lauren_funkyfeet Comments: 27, member since Tue Dec 05, 2006
On Tue Dec 12, 2006 09:50 AM
hi i have a problem if i have a backcombed hair style for solos or plaites i have 2 take it all out for couples or if i left it in i have 2 take it out for team, i am in intermediates for couples so i must get a trophie (if i have done well) then take my hair out so i can straighten it for team n i only have like 10 minutes 2 get changed n do my hair after the trophies are handed out?? so i was wondering if you had any ideas for good looking ahir styles tht are simple and dont take 2 long to get out or straighten out?? wb lauren xxxx
By groovytwinsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14170, member since Fri Dec 26, 2003
On Mon Dec 18, 2006 02:26 AM
Hi Emma

I think you're FAB at doing hair, Thanks so much for making mines beautiful at Craig Tara!!

This post is so helpful, well done Emz!

Does anyone know how to make the hair in a ponytail look like an afro!?

x
afro ponytail (karma: 1)
On Mon Dec 18, 2006 05:49 AM
hiya

aww thanks hunnie :) i'll do you and your sisters hair whenever you need it done :)

i know of a couple of ways to make the hair into an afro.

Easy way
1: use TINY perm rods (put them in like you normally would but with much less hair)
after you have taken them all out, backcomb the hair until you get the look you want, then spray with TONNES of hairspray!!!

This way is a bit more complicated:
You will need: strong hairPINS (NOT kirby grips),strong hold hairspray,hair elastics(small ones)

1.take a small section of hair (about 5mm wide) and spritz with strong hairspray.
2.place a hairpin OVER the piece of hair at the top(as near to the bobble as possible)
3.holding the hairpin securely in place, start winding the hair in and out of the pins in a "FIGURE OF 8" movement.
4.when you get to the bottom of the hair, tie the hair elastic (just like you normally would) around the ends of the hair AND pin.
5. spritz with more hairspray and continue on rest of pony.

this way WILL take a long time, at least a couple of hours to do but the effect is wicked once it comes out!!! :D

you can get straight hairpins from Salon Services/Sally's, these are also longer than normal pins so PERFECT if you have longer hair too :)

REMEMBER: the tighter you wind the hair, the tighter the 'afro' will be!!!

if you have any more questions about it then just PM me hun ;)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By Milly_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4755, member since Fri Dec 12, 2003
On Mon Dec 18, 2006 07:51 AM
Hey Emma..

Right, I've just had my hair cut like this
Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/dancing_duck4eva/MeNLishaD.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/dancing_duck4eva/Photo-0006-1.jpg'

And I'm wondering...would it still be posisble to get big quiffs!
Ive only got a tiny bit of hair at the front so I need help on securing it back...:S

Thank you in advance

Love Emily xxxx
short fringe - quiff
On Mon Dec 18, 2006 08:00 AM
hey emily :)

hope your OK chick

right(lol) follow the steps i gave you on page 1 and when you come to doing the fringe:

1. backcomb it as normal
2. spray with strong hairspray
3. comb into place with a fine tooth comb
4. spray AGAIN with hairspray
5. smooth down any spikey ends of the fringe
6. once its dry spray AGAIN with more hairspray

your quiff will be absolutely SOLID trust me!!!
but it's always good to top up with hairspray (and glitter :P ) througout the day.

hope i've helped chick, let me know how you get on

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
***final hair help post***
By discolovers Comments: 386, member since Mon Dec 25, 2006
On Wed Jan 03, 2007 09:48 AM
wow great advice love faye +gracexx
By Energy_Dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2348, member since Tue Apr 26, 2005
On Sat Jan 06, 2007 03:23 PM
Hiya x

Aw Fabby Post Emma Jayne Hun :D
By gill_cmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 690, member since Thu Sep 23, 2004
On Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:05 PM
Edited by gill_c (107244) on 2007-01-09 12:09:41 Pic too big! Oops!
Edited by gill_c (107244) on 2007-01-09 12:12:06 Pic too big! Oops!
HI Emma, thanks for those ideas, I quickly tried one and it didn't turn out too bad! P.s sorry about my make-up only half done! :P I will use this hairstyle for my first comp back I love it! Heres the pic... obviously if i took more time than ten mins it would be neater :P hehe
Image hotlink - 'http://i1.tinypic.com/43nmas0.jpg'

~Gill xxx
On Wed Jan 10, 2007 01:43 AM
hiya

aww Gill, you look fab :D
well done on the hair, it looks great!!!

good luck for your first comp back ;)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By gill_cmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 690, member since Thu Sep 23, 2004
On Wed Jan 10, 2007 08:14 AM
Hi again lol

Emma are you a hairdresser or training to be?

Or are you just naturally gifted when styling hair? :P

Because you're fab at it! hehe

~Gill xxx
On Wed Jan 10, 2007 03:00 PM
hiya again gill :)

lol, im training just now but i've been working in salons since i was about 16 :P

i love doing hair and THANK YOU for that lovely comment :)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By chelsea6 Comments: 67, member since Sun Oct 08, 2006
On Thu Jan 18, 2007 07:51 AM
thanks for this advice i always tryed my daughters quiff but it turned out wrong and she laughs at me for being a silly mummy love andrea
By rocknrollrach Comments: 133, member since Wed Jun 21, 2006
On Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:09 AM
hey:D

wow ur post is well good and has given me some great advice!! thankyou! you are well good at hairstyling! one question though me and my partner would love to have our hair rag rolled with lovely curls for rock and roll could you please help explaining how to do them i have longish quite thick hair n my partner has shorter much thinner hair thankyou in advance!!
luv n hugz Rach x x
By live_life_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 11529, member since Mon Mar 28, 2005
On Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:18 AM
Ways to wear curly hair?

Btw who do you dance for emmajayne and what section you in?

haha oj oj :O

Aine x x x
By dance_thru_life Comments: 68, member since Mon Nov 06, 2006
On Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:00 PM
Hey Aine, I have MEGA curly hair and I do this...:

1) Huge Quiff at the front
2) split the hair into three 'ponys' but tie the bottom 2 up
3) now section 2 small bits on each side and tie the rest up. (this will be your ponytail)
4) Now split one side of the two into 2 and scalp plait them (these should be small plaits) and do the other side
5) now tie everything up into the pny backcomb or leave curly or even crimp or straighten! and repeat for all three ponytails!

sorry if it isn't clear but as soon as i get a picture Ill hotlink it:P xxHope I helpedxx
By PrimeraDance1 Comments: 27, member since Wed Jan 17, 2007
On Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:23 PM
Some great posts I will try some of this advice on my own hair

thanks

D
By Energy_Dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2348, member since Tue Apr 26, 2005
On Sat Jan 20, 2007 09:13 AM
Anyone Have any new Ideas?!

Im sort of getting Bored with The usual

Looking for some thing Funkyish :P
By dizzylivvi Comments: 1761, member since Sun Oct 01, 2006
On Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:59 PM
Hi Emma-jayne,
Having read your post on how to do a quiff I have decided that I will have a go on my daughters hair tomorrow.I have tried and failed miserably on several occassions to do a quiff but have renewed confidence after reading your instructions.
dizzylivvi's mum
hiya
By Em_jayne_lake Comments: 3, member since Thu Jan 18, 2007
On Sun Jan 21, 2007 01:23 PM
Hey Emma
You are amazing at hair hunny and a life saver, i love all the hair styles that you have featured but i would like something unique and beautiful for my next compition but i have a problem.
I need a hair style that will look alright with out a head dress
because most of the hair styles you have shown have head dresses with them and would prpbably look bare with out them. It also has to look alright in slow and pairs please help !!! thanks hun
also could i see pictures of the hairstyle if you have them if not then dont worry
love Em xxxxxxx
On Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:25 AM
hiya

im going to try and find somebody to use as a model so i can try out some new styles and take some photo's for you all.

^^^ i'll try and do some that would look good with or without a headpiece and that would be good for solo,slow and pairs :)

if anyone has any more questions just ask :)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By dancinghoneymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 578, member since Wed Jul 07, 2004
On Fri Feb 02, 2007 09:41 AM
hiya great post

please help me !!
i want to have my hair up in 2 or 3 ponytails and then loop them over all the way round on each pony
but i dont know how
my mum has tried and just gets stressed
please help i hope you understand what i mean
love stacey
Page:
Page 4 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

ReplySendWatch