Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 5 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
re: ***final hair help post***
By slzlsusan Comments: 21, member since Sat Aug 12, 2006
On Sat Feb 03, 2007 09:37 AM
Can you recommend any hair products or techniques that I can use to keep my hair in place without making it like concrete. After a comp. its agony trying to brush my hair out. Any advice would be great.

Zoe
hair styles
By icubabe Comments: 74, member since Sat Dec 30, 2006
On Sun Feb 04, 2007 04:44 AM
Has anybody got any good ideas of how to do my hair at the next comp I have mid length hair any pictures would be helpfull

love emily x
By modern_dancamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3129, member since Thu Sep 11, 2003
On Thu Feb 08, 2007 09:51 AM
heya x
anyone got any useful hints about how to do barrel curls? or rags?
i can do them, but i cant get them to be tight and shiney neat looking curls lol
help!
thanks
lotsa love emma xxxXxxx
By krazykat08 Comments: 684, member since Fri Jun 09, 2006
On Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:35 PM
hi
my daughtters keep asking me to do the worms in their hair with spikey bits sticking out? does anybody know how to do them?
also how can i do barrel curls and get them to stay in?
thanks
kat
xxx
p.s. excellent post now i can try 2 different styles on my daughters instead of them looking like twins lol
By champdancersmumPremium member Comments: 7255, member since Wed Jan 18, 2006
On Sat Feb 10, 2007 02:52 PM
Hi Emma

AMAZING post hunnie. So helpful.

1. I want to know what do the latin american dancers use to get their hair so sleek and shiney when they scrap it back in a bun etc???? I have tried everything

2. Abbey has had her hair the same way for the last 2 years. She has recently been sponsored and gets her new suits fro Brean. I would like to do something different to her her but it is soooo thin, like a baby. When she has a bun for Ballet its non existing lol

Any ideas

xxxx

love Sharon
Abbey's Hair (karma: 2)
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Sun Feb 11, 2007 04:07 PM
hiya sharron

Shiney bun's:

when i used to have my hair like that for slow i used to use a smoothing cream or serum (swartzkopf do a great 1 in a little tube), hairspray, and shine spray.

1) part hair in a low side parting
2) spritz with hairspray all over hair to give it some grip (especially with abbey having fine hair)
3) scrape back into a pony (whatever height,angle you want) and secure with a snag free band
4) put a few pumps of smoothing serum on your hands and rub them together
5) smooth over the hair
6) using (i know this will sound wierd but it gives the BEST results) a headlice comb, scrape the hair again back towards the bobble (dont worry about any lumps around the bobble, they will be covered by the bun)
7) spritz again with hairspray

now for the actual bun

1) if the hair is really fine(as abbey's is) backcomb the hair in the pony so it looks like a bush :P (very proffessional description i know)
2) taking a small section from the top of the "bush" gently comb the underneath(closest to the middle of the pony) and spritz that section with hairspray
3) starting at the ends of that section, coil it all the way down and secure with 2or so kirbies
4) spray again with hairspray
5) when you do the next section, make sure you get outer edge of the coil to join up with the outer edge of the first coil, you can make sure there are no gaps by using a hair pin to hold both ends together.
6) continue all the way round the pony and you should be left with a big beautiful bun :D

once you have the bun securely in place, apply a tiny bit more smoothing serum, sprits the whole thing with hairspray, then shine spray and voila, your done, big,beautiful,SHINEEEEEY, latin american bun :)

hope i've helped sharron, let me know how you get on ;)

oh, and before i forget, unless you plan on keeping this style in for the whole day or just for slow and pairs, i wouldnt reccomend it as the shine spray and serum make the hair VERY greasy.(so make sure you have a good clarifying shampoo for when you get home ;) )

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By danser_pippa Comments: 627, member since Wed Apr 27, 2005
On Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:31 AM
hiya, this is mine and my little sisters hair that my mum does for us before we go to comps, i hope you like them !

s160.photobucket.com . . .

s160.photobucket.com . . .

love pippa x X x
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Fri Feb 16, 2007 02:58 PM
hiya

aww your hair is stunning pippa :) you'r mum has made a fab job of it :D

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By FairytaleGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2348, member since Sun Aug 03, 2003
On Tue Feb 20, 2007 05:53 AM
Hey =]
i have short choppy hair.. to short to put in a pony or curl..any ideas on a really funky effective style?
dee x
By emmapie Comments: 293, member since Mon Dec 04, 2006
On Thu Feb 22, 2007 02:11 AM
Hi

Great post with great ideas just hope my mums up to the
job with all the new hair styles il be wanting lol.

love emma xxxxx
Dee - funky hairstyle
On Fri Feb 23, 2007 02:07 PM
hiya Dee

right, personally i would do a mohican (theres a pic on here of my sisters hair)

you can either have it with a quiff or without, completely up to you hun :)

for this style you will need:

1) extra strong hairspray
2) tail comb
3) lots of kirbies

if your having a quiff then put it in first, if not then just start at step 1.

1. starting at the front of the head, backcomb small sections until they stand up on their own
2. continue until all of your hair looks like a hedgehog :P lol
3. spray all over with hairspray
4. starting at the bottom right hand side, scrape the hair smoothe into the middle of the head(its easier to do this in small sections that way you dont get any lumps)
5. secure with kirbies (cross them over eachother to ensure they dont fall out)
6. continue doing this all the way to the top of the hair (or to the quiff if you have 1)
7. spray the smoothed over section with hairspray
8. repeat on the left hand side
9. sort the mohican and backcomb again if it needs it (some bits get turned under when kirbies go in)
10. spray all over with hairspray and your done :D

good luck hun, any more questions just ask and i'll try my best to answer them :)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By shelly5 Comments: 20, member since Sat Dec 09, 2006
On Sat Feb 24, 2007 03:13 PM
hey
great post.
really helpful especially when in a rush.
well good luck everyone
xxxx
By champdancersmumPremium member Comments: 7255, member since Wed Jan 18, 2006
On Mon Feb 26, 2007 06:04 AM
hI

Iv been reading about people using pipe cleaners to get a tighter longer lasting curl. How would you put these in????? Might try it on Abbeys hair.

xxxx

love Sharon
pipe cleaners
On Mon Feb 26, 2007 06:36 AM
hiya sharon

personally i would put them in exactly the same way as bendy rollers.

i would do it on dry hair, but use setting lotion (put it in a spray bottle, so much easier to work with then)

starting at the front of the hair take a very thin section of hair, comb through to get out any tugs.
spray with settion lotion
put a perm/end paper on the ends of the hair to make sure there are no spikey ends.
put pipe cleaner in the same way you would a normal roller (or you could do it vertically to get spiral curls but you need to start at the bottom of the head for this)
and continue doing this all over until her hair is covered in pipe cleaners ;)

hope i've helped

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By rocknrollrach Comments: 133, member since Wed Jun 21, 2006
On Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:09 AM
heya!

this post is really good help loads!!

i would like some help though...
rock and roll hairstyles.. because all the nice one are really sweet on little kids but me n my partner are 14 so in 14 - 17
thankyou x

luvnhugz Rach x
hair help
By beechy Comments: 76, member since Sat May 27, 2006
On Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:07 PM
hi everyone
please please help. My daughter is going to a comp on sunday and i am stuck as to what i can do with her hair she's in beginners and has waist length fine hair which no grips ever stay in any help or advice anyone can give me other than cutting her hair off lol.
love everything on here have been reading all 5 pages of comments but won't work on terri's hair as it's to long and i can't do french pleats to save my life so am getting desperate. please help.
thanks marie
Marie - Fine hair
On Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:30 PM
hiya

right, your deffinately going to need:

1) tail comb
2) strong hairspray
3) kirby grips/hairpins
4) hair bobbles/snag free bands

i would start off by sectioning off a piece of hair for a quiff and tying it out of the way.

next put the rest of the hair into 3 pony's.

following the instructions on page 1, put in a quiff, remember lots of backcombing and lots of hairspray.
the grips should stay in a bit better because the hair will already be in a pony.

put in another bobble to the top pony to secure the "tail" left from the quiff.

take a section of hair from the top pony, backcomb it slightly and spritz with hairspray.

coil this section and leave the ends sticking out

secure with 2 or 3 grips (criss cross them over each other so that they stay in better)

spray the coil with hairspray

repeat this on ONLY the top pony tail.

now, you can choose what to do with the bottom 2 pony's, you can continue to do the coils with the spikey ends all over, you could leave them straight and backcomb the top 1, crimp them and backcomb the top 1 or curl them.

completely up to you :)

remember to spray over the whole hairstyle once its finished, and really sleek the sides of the hair back.

if you need any more tips, dont hesitate to ask

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
hair help
On Fri Mar 02, 2007 01:14 PM
hi again thanks for that will have a go tomorrow but being a bit thick here but how do you do coils never done them before me doing hair consists of ponytails and plaits lol.
marie
hair help
On Tue Mar 06, 2007 02:08 AM
hi all
went to comp on sunday and tried what you said with her hair did what i think are coils didn't turn out to bad will have to practice more though but couldn't do a quiff as she has a fringe and it refused to go going to another comp this sunday so could anyone give me some help as to how to do better coils would be much appreciated. Terri loved it and it stayed in when she danced it was great just not very neat lol was only first try but hoping to get better and i really enjoyed doing something different.
thanks to all of you i'm learning new hairstyles and my daughter is really happy so thanks all.
marie
New Hair !?!
By Princess_Kayte Comments: 7, member since Tue Mar 06, 2007
On Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:58 AM
i wondered if anybody knows any good shops or webbies that sell fake hair... i want curley hair and straight hair in dark brown can somebody help please....x
By Danni16189 Comments: 22, member since Mon May 10, 2004
On Tue Mar 13, 2007 03:10 AM
Thanx 4 the gr8 advice xxxx
By Danni16189 Comments: 22, member since Mon May 10, 2004
On Tue Mar 13, 2007 03:11 AM
Thanx for the advice I will be trying these out at the next few comps xxxxxxx
hair question
By Polkafairy Comments: 324, member since Wed Mar 21, 2007
On Wed Mar 21, 2007 01:57 PM
With worm buns how do you keep all the little ones up when you are doing the rest of your hair?
hair question
By Polkafairy Comments: 324, member since Wed Mar 21, 2007
On Wed Mar 21, 2007 02:12 PM
hi,

I really like the look of worm buns but I don't know how to hold up the part you have just done whilst you do the other bits.Could anybody help please?
By startobe Comments: 75, member since Fri Feb 23, 2007
On Sat Mar 24, 2007 04:34 PM
seen there was a few posts about how to use a hair donut! so thought i would try and be helpful!
1) sleek hair back using a thin toothed comb and tie in a ponytail( i find nit combs really good for sleek looks lol)
2) place the donut around the ponytail so the hair comes through the middle
3) tip your head upside down and let the hair fall as much as it can to cover the donut
4) then neaten it up so non of the donut is visable (easier if some one does this for you)
5) tie a hair bobble around the donut and hair so it is held in tight around the donut
6)twist the hair that is left around the bun and secure with open kirby grips
7) spritz with hairspray, glitter spray shine spray or whatever you fancy!!
hope this has helped!! :D xXx
Page:
Page 5 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

ReplySendWatch