Forum: Folk / Folk - General

polish dancing
By x_Chelles_xPremium member
On Fri Oct 13, 2006 03:21 AM
Image detached by hylndlas (107168) on 2006-10-17 11:50:23 Image has nothing to do with post.

can anyone help me got to perform a polish short dance need ideas on music & dress for independence day 11th november, its for a small elderly group in a residential home thank you

1 Replies to polish dancing

Hard to do on short notice
By shira
On Mon Oct 16, 2006 09:39 AM
Hmmm, do you have any background at all on Polish dance that you can use as a starting point? There are some really great Polish folk dances. Most of the ones I can think of are either couple dances, though there's also one that's done with a man and two women - the backstory we were told in the workshop where we learned it was that men died young in the coal mines in the village that particular dance came from, so the dance evolved that accommodated the shortage of men. Don't know how true that is.

There's a Russian/Ukrainian shirt pattern sold by Folkwear that wouldn't be too far off the mark as a dance costuming. Do some googling and I'm sure you'll find it. But the catch is that it requires embroidery, and November 11 doesn't really allow much lead time for doing such embroidery.

ReplySendWatch