Forum: Russia / Russia - General

Ballet in Russia - need some help, please :D
By noachkamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Oct 25, 2006 07:02 PM

Hello,

well, this year I have been looking further and further into auditioning for a summer intensive in russia. I don't know if I will get in, but I'm willing to try.

I would just like an idea of how ballet classes work over there? How many hours a day, approximately? What's it like? I'm not taling about a specific one, but say something like Vaganova Academy or Moldova Academy of Ukraine.

Also...my parents want to make sure it is safe before they agree to let me audition My ballet teacher is a former Bolshoi principle, so we talked to her about this. She thinks it would be great if I went. She said it's safe as long as my mom comes with me. Would you say so? Is it safe? I would be 14.

Thanks for all your help, if you have any questions I will answer them. I just couldn't think of anything more to include. Thanks again!!!

-Noa-

4 Replies to Ballet in Russia - need some help, please :D

re: Ballet in Russia - need some help, please :D
By Verusia
On Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:53 PM
Hey Noa,
First of all - you are confusing some schools. Moldova and Ukraine are two different countries, both independent of Russia.
I do not know much about Moldova. If you go to Moscow, or St. Petersburg in Russia, yes - it would be safe if you are in a group or with a parent. I am pretty sure so would be Kiev in Ukraine.
How much you train really depends on the program - you just need to decide what you are looking for and research more specifically.
It is hard to give you advice without knowing exactly what you are looking for, but I would be happy to answer your question if you have some (and assuming i know the answer :)
On Wed Nov 15, 2006 04:59 PM
Oh sorry... *blushes* hehe

can anyone tell me a few schools in russia? im really trying to look for some...

thanks!!
On Wed Nov 15, 2006 05:51 PM
www.balletacademy.ru . . .

i have no clue what anything says :(

they only have one page in english with not all the info.

could someone help me out?

does it say on there what you need to do for audition (actually they have this in english but not:) and when/to where to send it to?

anything you would need to know if you were to audition there...
By Verusia
On Fri Nov 17, 2006 01:22 AM
Edited by Verusia (34452) on 2006-11-17 01:27:41
THe most famous schools in Russia are: Vaganova Academy in St.PEtersburg, the one in Moscow you are looking up info about, there is also a very famous academy in Perm and one on Voronezh.
As for the website - i looked at it briefly, and i did not see anything about the summer intensives in Russian. Are you sure they have them? I saw their application procedures for those who apply for full-time programs. THey want you to send a 10 min video with pieces from your barre work, center floor, allegro, pointe and repertoire along with all sorts of papers: passport, school transcripts etc. IF that is what you are looking for i can translate the rest of the details for you. But i am actually guessing the best thing to do would be to contact them directly - via emails or phone. Internet is not nearly as widely used in RUssia is it is here, so i would not rely on any posted info - it may not be accurate or up to date...
And the Russian version does not say where to send anything either. Chances are - that is because Russain mail-carriers are really not reliable, so people would rarely mail documents. YOu generally apply in person. SInce it is not an option in your case, as far as i understand, you probably really want to talk to them before you take any further steps, to make sure your documents will get into the right hands

ReplySendWatch