Forum: Gym / Rhythmic Gymnastics

Question for all you crossed trained dancers/rythmic gymnists...
By californiadancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Oct 30, 2006 04:01 PM

Do you feel that training as a rythmic gymnist has improved your dancing at all...More speciafically (i know i spelled that wrong) your flexibility in leg holds, splits etc...and your strength in jumps and turns? Any feedback would be appreciated!

3 Replies to Question for all you crossed trained dancers/rythmic gymnists...

re: Question for all you crossed trained dancers/rythmic gymnists...
By gymmer_91
On Fri Nov 03, 2006 03:47 AM
long answer:
in my opinion, rhythmic gymnastics probably improves ALL aspects of dance. by stretching so often, we improve our flexibility HEAPS. (just think! no more "oh my gosh i can touch my toes!" think "wow i can do a bend back!") also, we do conditioning such as sit ups, pushups, etc improve strength & endurance, which doesnt only improve dance, but other sports as well! besides that, our routines go full out for about 1 minute 30 seconds, which,might i add, is REALLY tiring if you dont slack off. that improves your stamina & strength. and we also do balances, which helps with ,can you believe it, your balance, & leaps which makes high jumps seem like child's play. also throws & catches improves you hand-eye coordination. with regards to your wustion, flex in leg holds are like a bonus in gym...you just will be able to do it if you stretch n work hard.

short answer:
yes
re: Question for all you crossed trained dancers/rythmic gymnists...
By Peachy82
On Thu Nov 09, 2006 04:07 AM
Definitely improves turns, but especially leaps and flexibility. I can do the best leaps/jumps of my ballet class thanx to rg.
Definitely yes...
By Simona_A
On Thu Nov 09, 2006 09:10 AM
The routines are accompanied by music and you have to feel the music and move in the rhythm of music, or by doing that...definitely your moves are coordinated to music, dance skills are improved and developed...

ReplySendWatch