Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

uda/jfk/ma/etc.
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Oct 31, 2006 08:42 PM

Has anyone ever auditioned to become staff? Please tell me about it.

2 Replies to uda/jfk/ma/etc.

re: uda/jfk/ma/etc.
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Nov 01, 2006 08:51 PM
Yep, I did MA for 2 years (and one UDA camp, but I didn't audition). You just have to submit a few short pieces of choreography. You also need to submit a video of yourself teaching someone the choreography. They're looking to see that you can choreograph for a specific level, so don't put any fouette turns in your beginner piece (just for example). You also need good references, a BIG smile (I'm serious. Smile the whole time - or else), and a good grasp of how to break down complex moves into concepts that are easy to teach. Those jobs are really hard to get unless you know someone, but they're a whole lot of fun. And a great way to save up money over the summer. And if you get assigned to a traveling staff, you get to drive all over the country. Good luck!!
re: uda/jfk/ma/etc.
By ItzBakonBitz
On Thu Nov 30, 2006 08:27 AM
Hey there.
Ran across your post and thought you could use this information.
www.madance.com . . .
And depending where you're from they have a couple of open auditions starting in January. They're usually held in Houston & Dallas. These are NOT mandatory they're just another way to find staff members. If you're in the Texas area or your team is going to MA competitons sometimes the staff (judges) keep an eye out on the finalist solos for potential staff members. Again, you don't need to be a finalist...it helps...but again, just another way for them to keep an eye out for potential staff members. Keep in mind at what Chris has said. He's correct with his helpful hints. He's very perceptive that one! ;)
(by the way...hi Chris...long time...=-)...very long time)
Anyhow, I've tought for a few companies but MA has been my all time favorite. It's really like a big family. Been with them for a LONG LONG time :) so hope to see you this coming summer.
Good luck.
madance.com is the website if you want to get familiar with the company.

-Bacon

ReplySendWatch