Forum: Ballet / Advanced & Professional Ballet

New York University
By rocknrollnpink
On Thu Nov 02, 2006 06:37 PM

Has anyone ever auditioned for them? If so can you tell me what its like?

3 Replies to New York University

re: New York University
By Stufumember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:37 AM
I have never auditioned for it, but my studio has a teacher that graduated from NYU. The program is pretty much on modern. And if i'm not wrong, they have very high standards. The dance progam is from NYU's Tisch school if i'm not wrong.
By PointeBound13
On Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:43 PM
^Most Universities dance majors are mainly modern-which sucks for some Ballet dancers that have never taken modern.
By CorsaireCutie
On Wed Jan 10, 2007 06:46 PM
Yep....i agree with both poster above. NYU is VERY modern based, like many other colleges right now. For instance, Princeton University wont even let you take ballet classes for credit because they dont believe it takes enough "brain power". Ridiculous right? As for ballet based colleges, theres some but you definitely have to look. SUNY Purchase and Butler are two i know are great ballet schools. Rider University, where i go, works with Princeton Ballet School and the students can work in the student division there and, in the upper levels, dance with American Repertory Ballet in some pieces as part of their studio company. If you want more info feel free to PM me! Hope that helped and good luck college-searching!

ReplySendWatch