Forum: Music

Page:
Page 2 of 4: 1 2 3 4
re: Music Editing Software (can we make a sticky?)
By steppinsteph
On Thu Jan 25, 2007 06:38 AM
Cakewalk is good. It is simple to edit songs, and burns SO FAST. I've also used Nero, but that's actually easier to burn DVDs on than it is music.
By Zeenbug
On Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:37 AM
Rip Edit Burn by Blaze Audio. You buy it one time and get free upgrades for life. It's easy to use.
By mirjamo
On Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:05 AM
I use WAVEPAD. It's freeware! edit,cut,paste,mix,pitch,fade in or out. It really works for me! 'Just a simple tool, easy to use.
By kaygirlPremium member
On Thu Mar 01, 2007 08:28 PM
Okay, so now I've tried WavePad, and I really really like it! It was pretty simple to use, and I was able to change the speed of some o fmy music with no problem, and cuts were easy to make! It was a free download, too!

Katy
By tadahdancer
On Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:36 PM
i downloaded wavepad.. but i'm having trouble getting it to burn to cd. I've never had trouble with other programs before.. any advice?
By imadnzr
On Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:09 AM
Thought I would chime in on edit programs. I use Cakewalk. It is the only program I've purchased. Does anyone know how the others compare to it? Thanks.
Music Editing
By twindance
On Fri Apr 27, 2007 09:16 PM
After years of paying other people to edit my music, I now edit my own with Sony Acid Pro. So worth the money and with a little practice you can figure out how to do everything you want to do!!!
By AdrenalineDancePremium member
On Fri Apr 27, 2007 09:21 PM
All I have to say is a BIG HUGE Thank You to TYLER!!
I'm a Goldwave user too.(Since he told me about it!)

OH! Your welcome! I never saw your post till just now but hey, anything to help!
By tanzanite1975
On Fri May 11, 2007 08:47 AM
I use sound forge, it does the trick for simple edits as well as making a mix of tunes..
By sonnygirl4
On Fri May 11, 2007 06:44 PM
So far I've only used Sound Forge & love it. I downloaded it for $70.00 & have had a blast playing with it. Another way for us to be creative I guess. Although the MAC idea sounds tempting!
By Ahusk89
On Sun May 13, 2007 02:54 PM
I cannot believe no one on her has said Audio Sudio 7 deluxe ( I think its also called Magix?) We use it at my studio and it works great!

Fades, Cuts, Changes Speeds, Cross sections, and I'm sure that there is a ton more! Honestly I havent ever looked at the directions and I figured out all of that stuff so im pretty positive taht there is more to be discovered!!!

Tell me what you think!

Alex
By DancerStin
On Thu Jun 21, 2007 03:00 PM
We've used a combination of something called Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer to edit our songs and then burned them using iTunes. The only downside is you won't be able to use purcahsed songs through iTunes on Acoustica but the software's around $25-35. It's been better quality than we could've imagined at competitions sometimes. Plus it's quick to learn and teach others.
By Libbiebeth
On Fri Jun 29, 2007 08:40 AM
I've used Roxio for the past 5 years and couldn't live without it. Now, it did take a while to get around easily with it but now I can generally cut a song the first time cleanly. It also can cross fade songs into one another and adjust the volume.
By HotWing
On Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:17 PM
I use Cakewalk :)
By lovetoriff
On Wed Aug 08, 2007 06:26 PM
The audio director for the theatre we hold our recital in recommended that I purchase Sound Forge, an editing system put out by Sony. It was perfect. I had to play with it a little to learn more of the tricks and such, but it makes it simple to cut and paste, edit, mix tracks, add echoes and other sound effects, and change the speed. Plus it was only $69.99. I fell in love with it and recommend it to everyone. I bought it off of the Sony website. Hope that helps.
By SGTDance
On Thu Aug 16, 2007 04:02 PM
I use Sony Sound Forge. I've been using it for about two years and really like it. I used the free trial before making the purchase and found that to be helpful in making my decision. After playing around with it for a while I was able to select the music editing software that was easy for me to use. I would suggest that you do the same with Sony Sound Forge and others to find the one that best suits you. I will definitely say that it has made music editing so much easier and it always sounds professional. Good Luck!
By msrebecca
On Thu Aug 16, 2007 04:16 PM
I used wave pad. I downloaded the free trial and was able to adjust about 5 songs during that time. I wanted to shorten some songs and to slow down the tempo on others. It worked great after I played with it for awhile (I'm not the most technical person). Didn't purchase it but I think it ran about $60.
By rincedragonflymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Aug 16, 2007 04:27 PM
I've been using Audacity ever since I got my Mac. I had MAGIX on my old comp, which I really liked, but had some problems with it...don't know if they were caused by the program or by my dumb computer. :D Audacity has a lot of features like fading, echoes...lots of stuff that I have yet to use. :) I like it.
By Rizzo5
On Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:41 PM
I use Sony Acid Pro. It was around $70 but it is fairly easy to use.
By thadancer
On Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:13 AM
It's all about the goldwave. Go to download.com and you can select which version you would like. Used it all last year it is great and I had compliments at competition about my music. Did I mention it's FREE
By steppinoutdc
On Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:38 AM
Sony Soundforge is the best!!! it is kind of pricy but you can do so much with it! i can cut, fade it, fade out, overlap, speed up/slowdown with out changing the pitch of the voice, and a lot more! I definately reccommend spending the money on it..its worth it.
By crathornPremium member
On Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:45 PM
Acid .... husband loves it. (He's got to do something, he can't dance! lol)
By dancerSDT
On Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:31 AM
I use Acoustica 4.0 and I love it. I think it was around $35. You can download it right off the internet.
By Lisa05
On Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:13 PM
I don't use Audacity, but I have experience with several other music editors. Many of the music editors require you to convert the format of your song before they can edit. I prefer to do everything in .wav format because I never have trouble with .wav's playing back on any cd player when we do shows etc.. Most of the editing softwares that I have used required me to convert I-tunes mp4 format to .wav before I could edit. I use soundtaxi for conversions, it ran me about $20 online but I use is a great deal.
By crathornPremium member
On Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:52 PM
Sony Acid Pro
Page:
Page 2 of 4: 1 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch