Forum: Music

Page:
Page 3 of 4: 1 2 3 4
re: Music Editing Software (can we make a sticky?)
By tappin_cait
On Fri Sep 21, 2007 01:47 PM
I have a Mac and I use GarageBand or iMovie.
By danceNcheerMom
On Sun Sep 23, 2007 06:03 PM
I am looking for a program for a Christmas gift for for my college daughter so that she can edit music and create cd's to use for her dance team. Any suggestions? She will be using her laptop to do this in her dorm. She is also interested in making cheer music for her little sister.
By LeDanser
On Mon Oct 01, 2007 01:16 PM
I definetly love Wavepad, super user friendly, it is basic, but if all you are doing is cutting music and blending it totally covers that.
By Dancebear8504
On Tue Oct 02, 2007 05:07 PM
Our studio has Sony Soundforge on the computer, but I've been thinking about buying Acid for my computer at home.. because I'm a night owl and get my ideas in the middle of the night (not a convinient time for the studio!) but the $$ is holding me back!! :(
By Synergy_21
On Mon Nov 12, 2007 09:29 PM
Acid Pro or Acid 6.0 !!!!!
By thadancer
On Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:30 PM
I swear by Goldwave they keep the software up to date and it is free to try if you don't like you don't purchase the lincensing.
By lesha_13
On Tue Dec 18, 2007 04:01 PM
I tried downloading Audacity but it never worked!! It kept saying it was dowbloading.
By faerydust00Premium member
On Fri Feb 15, 2008 06:14 AM
I like Audacity...I've never had any problems with it, and it was easy for me to tutor about it my friend through AIM. (I'm in OH and she's in LA) For my money (which is none) its the best I've found...However, I am sure that when I have money to spend I will try some of these other programs that are recommended!
re: Music Editing Software (can we make a sticky?) (karma: 1)
By Diamdem0715
On Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:31 AM
I use Adobe Audition for all my music editing. It takes some time to get used to but I love it. I can cut things pretty quickly and easily. It allowd you to import several different tracks and edit them together as you please. It will not play music purchased from ITunes due to the format but if you burn a CD with the music you want off of ITunes and import it into Adobe it reads it just fine.
By Dancergrl4997
On Fri Mar 07, 2008 08:06 PM
Do you guys have any idea how I could censor a song without deleting the instrumental? Thanks!
By tiger0018
On Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:56 AM
Some software has a tool for removing vocals from a song (popular among the karaoke set), but it depends on how the song was mixed. I use Cool Edit Pro, and if the vocals aren't too 'buried' in the mix, the vocal removal tool works... kinda... but it compromises the over-all sound of the song itself. You'd be better off trying to find a karaoke (instrumental) version of the tune. Some DJ sites sell mixes of tunes... if there's a forum, you can ask if any DJ has a straight instrumental version of what you're looking for.

Sorry I can't be of more help ;-( Good luck!

Tiger
By MichelleDance
On Sat May 02, 2009 08:36 AM
Do you have software that you use for your studio? I am not finding to many MAC's on here for help. I have looked at a lot. Right now I do it all in omnioutliner which is a pain. Thanks Michelle
By MichelleDance
On Sat May 02, 2009 08:37 AM
Do you have software that you use for your studio? I am not finding to many MAC's on here for help. I have looked at a lot. Right now I do it all in omnioutliner which is a pain. Thanks Michelle
By stepntime
On Sun May 24, 2009 06:06 PM
I also use Sony Sound Forge and I love it!!!! It can speed things up, slow them down, whatever you need.
By HEATHERLYNN
On Sun May 24, 2009 10:51 PM
I've been using Vegus for five years now and love it!! The cost was approx. $150 though!! However its easy and i've definately got my monies worth!!!
By IconDanceAcademy
On Mon May 25, 2009 10:19 AM
Wavepad is brilliant!

You get a free trial, and it's so easy to use.

Cassie x
By BurntHombre
On Mon May 25, 2009 01:18 PM
MichelleDance wrote:

Hi Michelle -- you can use GarageBand, which is a part of the iLife software package that comes with new Macs.
By misskim64
On Sat Jul 04, 2009 07:40 AM
I have used Blaze Audio with great success! Download from the website for $40.00. I thought it was well worth the money.

Comment #8491602 deleted
Removed by oz_helen (35388) on 2009-09-02 23:22:38 Free advertising is not permitted on DDN.

By MissShannon11
On Tue Oct 27, 2009 08:33 PM
Does anyone know how to obscure profanities in using Wavepad? Please help, I'm desperate!
By musicutter
On Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:51 PM
I can probably help you out with that foul language. If you want to send me your file I can take a listen. I cut the music for a few studios and have had to do that before.
By dancerika
On Thu Jan 28, 2010 01:30 AM
i'm on a mac and i love love love audacity.

once you get the hang of it, it does absolutely everything you'd ever need. :)
in fact, if you're using audacity and have questions, feel free to PM me.

i'm proud of my skills to date. :)
By TraceyAnne82
On Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:55 AM
I used cakewalk on my PC and got really familiar with it, but my PC crashed. I decided to get a macbook pro. Does mac make a version of cakewalk? please tell me they do! If not, is there a similar program that is easy to use for dance music editing purposes? Please help!!
By TraceyAnne82
On Mon Jun 21, 2010 06:06 PM
Hello All! Recently my PC crashed and I decided to get a Macbook Pro. I am VERY familiar with Cakewalk which I had on my PC and am very scared to get a different program. I would like one that I can learn quickly over the summer so that I am not hating the world when the school year starts again! Please help! Does cakewalk have a program for mac? If not, is there a program that is similar or easier to use on macs?

Thanks a ton!

Tracey
By birchio
On Mon Aug 02, 2010 01:57 PM
I've been using Audacity for awhile now and for just basics like cutting and fading it's perfect.

I like to mix songs together though and found blending them with Audacity difficult. Is there any way to do that? If not what's the best for blending two songs together?

Also sometimes some songs won't play on Audacity and I get that squeaky noise someone mentioned before. That's probably the most annoying thing.
Page:
Page 3 of 4: 1 2 3 4

ReplySendWatch