Forum: Advice / Pilates/Yoga

Pilates DVD's?
By FoolofaTook21member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:47 AM

I started Pilates a few weeks ago and i LOVE it!
anyway i was looking for a good pilates DVD that i can do,
if you have any suggestions that would be awesome

~Fool

9 Replies to Pilates DVD's?

re: Pilates DVD's?
By dancehappy03member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Nov 09, 2006 06:29 PM
I was going to ask the same thing but then i read your thread? I really want to know too. SOme people say Winsor is great.
By misspetamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Nov 10, 2006 04:15 AM
Marie winsor is your god! hahah well she is mine

i use the maximum burn dvd. every day pretty much. goes for an hour and i love it!!! i have gotten alot more flexible and stronger in my kicks. i really reccommend it
By FoolofaTook21member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Nov 10, 2006 06:08 AM
haha cool i will try it out!
Thanks so much,

~Fool
By candianteachermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Nov 14, 2006 02:14 PM
My pilates instructor recommended Pilates for Dummies. I have yet to purchase it though.
I am like the rest of you, I love Pilates!!!
By BacknBalletShoes
On Thu Dec 28, 2006 09:35 AM
if not mari windsor then i would suggest Gaiam. They offer different levels and different targets for the pilates.
By jessi_cuh
On Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:57 AM
2 summers ago I decided to try Pilates, and bought a cheap dvd at WalMart, just incase I didn't like it..

To this day I'm still using that Dvd.

It's called 10 minute Pilates, or something very similiar to that.
It has 4 10 minute routines,
one for abs, one for thighs.. etc.

I love it.

But, if i had the choice to use Winsor, I would. but unfortunately I do not have the money to buy those dvds.
By superdancer1992member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jan 04, 2007 01:58 PM
i have the bun and thighs one and do it like everyday! its great! also there is one for abs that is really good. the accelerated body workout one(40 min. long) is also a good one to do.
By lauren503
On Fri Jan 05, 2007 06:11 PM
I used to use the Winsor pilates workouts. They just weren't for me. I wasn't a huge fan of her. Now, I use the mtv pilates workout. It's a little faster paced and I like the instructor more. I can really feel that my muscles got a good workout the next day. Once you get a little better, there's also the mtv pilates mix workout... this is really hard (well, for me it is). The video has two thirty-minute workouts. The first focues on arms and abs, and the second focuses more on legs and abs. It also has a 10 minute bonus routine.

I recommend seeing if your library has any dvds first that you can try out. That way, you can try a wide range of instructors and programs and see which one you like best. There are lots of good options out there... I think the key is finding one that you like and that you can keep up with.

And, just a word of advice, dvds with more than one program are nice because then you can mix up your workout.

Good luck. I hope you'll find a nice video!
By dreamdancer7
On Wed Jan 10, 2007 04:56 PM
Marie Winsor is amazing!! I've used her DVDs quite a few times and each time I actually feel as if I accomplished something. She gives a lot of great detail about where and how things should feel and what muscles to use and everything! She's really great and I would definitely recommend her to anyone! :D

ReplySendWatch