Handstands
By danitykanepcd
On Thu Nov 09, 2006 07:20 AM

Can some one help me with my handstanda give me tip on what to do thanks

5 Replies to Handstands

re: Handstands
By mad_hatter_218
On Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:23 AM
Make sure you reach into the handstand so you don't stick you bum out.
Also when you are up there, the only way you're going to hold it is by squeezing your bum, tummy and leg muscles. Trust me it helps.
By chorsinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Nov 11, 2006 02:18 PM
another piece of advice would be to remember to use your fingers - this way it is much easier to keep balance than if you're just putting all your weight only on the middle of your palms.
By mad_hatter_218
On Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:57 AM
oh yeah another one is get your shoulders in the 'open' position. basically push through the shoulders so that its almost like you're sticking your chest out, this way once you find that right spot you'll notice it almost locks into the handstand, it's kind of neat.
By AnjieAngel
On Wed Nov 15, 2006 02:36 AM
Just remember that hanstands aren't allowed in Rhythmic Gymnastics, but it can be used for an exhibition ;)
Handstands
By mariachi
On Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:20 AM
Great advice from the other readers.

Most problems that you find in many gymanstics skills are there because of inadequate physical preparation. Ask your coach if there are any conditioning exercises and stretching drills for hip and shoulder ( for example) that would create a positive effect on your handstand. Isometric leg drills are also very helpful
Then...

Practice two phases of the handstand.

The kick into the handstand (no need to hold at first...just aim at reaching the vertical)and keep maximum boday tension on the way up AND down.

Climb into a handstand in an open doorway using the sides to hold you up. Then, practice bringing your legs togther when you feel stable. (Excellent prooven way to get that handstand controlled)

Good luck :)

ReplySendWatch