Forum: Advice / Pilates/Yoga

new to pilates, suggested by my physio NEED HELP PLEASE LOL! xx
By georgie2k3member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Nov 13, 2006 09:01 AM

Hiya

well the title says it all really but i had a injury and hurt the very bottom of my back, broken my coksiks, and after about 6 months of physio it is nearly better :) i am also have hypo flexi joints (i would call it double jointed lol) and my physio has suggested that i do some pilates to help me keep streched as i used to do frestyle dancing and have now stoped.

I would really appreciate any help with and streches or anything lol as i really have no idea what to do :) Thankyou! xxx

ps feel free to pm me with moves or anything you wish that will be helpfull to me x

4 Replies to new to pilates, suggested by my physio NEED HELP PLEASE LOL! xx

re: new to pilates, suggested by my physio NEED HELP PLEASE LOL! xx
By misspetamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:24 PM
marie winsor actually have a pilates tape which she developed for backs. im not sure if its to like strengthen them alot but id have a look at that as the rest of her tapes are fabulous!
By Mekare
On Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:57 PM
Try do get classes from an instructor certified in classical Pilates.
You can serverely injure yourself doing tapes or taking class from an instructor who has just done a weekend workshop.

Cerfied teachers have done more than 700 apprenticeship hours and are very knowledgeable about the human body and will work out a program for you.
By DanceAngel120Premium member
On Fri Nov 17, 2006 03:59 PM
I agree, you should find a studio, either a pilates studio (preferable) or any sort of dance/fitness studio that offers pilates and take classes with a certified instructor. Esepcially because of you injuries, it's really important that you're being supervised by someone who really knows what they're doing. They'll be able to show you everything you need to do, and not only how to do it, but all the little details to make it safer and more beneficial. If you can, I highly reccomend private sessions. That way you're working one-on-one with your instructor, and everything will be specifically tailored to your specific needs. However private instruction can be very pricey, so I don't know wether or not that's an option for you. If not, you should go join a class.
By Missdanciamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Nov 21, 2006 06:57 AM
I have posted you a PM, with more detailed info on witch exercises are good for what purpose, but here is the main site!!

www.easyvigour.net.nz . . .

But before you begin with the exercises I showed you on PM, try with this first! It`s something called inprint, and you should warm up like this and hold the position threw all the exercises!

www.easyvigour.net.nz . . .

Good luck!!

ReplySendWatch