Forum: Advice / Support

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Support
Don't Worry...About A Thing... 'Cos Every Little Thing's.... Gonna Be alright! (Pic inside) (karma: 71)
By irish_4_life Comments: 1094, member since Tue Jul 11, 2006
On Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:14 AM
Edited by irish_4_life (162759) on 2006-11-13 10:20:49 I found such a cool Pic to go wtih this post!
Made sticky by Theresa (28613) on 2006-12-05 10:30:48
Moved to Support by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2008-04-16 09:45:52 moved to more appropriate forum

Image hotlink - 'http://i15.tinypic.com/2llo6iq.jpg'

A while ago now, I went to Africa for a couple of weeks and whilst I was there I noticed that compared to many of their problems, ours are minuscule! We are always getting down on ourselves at my school. Oh I’m so depressed that Jake finished me… My spots are really getting me down; I don’t know what to do! So I want to point out all the brilliant things many of us have in our lives! Remember no ones life is perfect!

So *~ Smile ~* already!

*~ Smile ~*… Your homework’s pilling up around you!

You have an education, whether it’s at a public school, a private school or at home. Many children all across the world don’t have any education and will never have a high paid job! Don’t take it for granted!

*~ Smile ~*… You’re baby-sitting your younger brother tonight!

You’re only looking after him for one night, maybe a little more but you don’t have to care for a sick and dying member of the family every day of their life. Don’t take it for granted!

*~ Smile ~*… Your Mom’s nagging you to tidy your room!

Some people around the world don’t even have enough possessions to clutter up a room. So be grateful for the clothes you’ve dumped on the floor and the half-full glass of soda. Don’t take them for granted!

*~ Smile ~*… You’re not a world champion!

Sure it would nice but if you were, what would there be to encourage you to aim just that little bit higher? And would you bother to get up on Saturday morning and put in that extra hour to make your dance ‘perfect’ or would you know you can win with it the way it is and not bother? I mean you’d never have anything to aim for! Never feel that sense of working so hard and achieving something new! I’m not saying don’t aim for the top spot! Go for it! Don’t take it for granted!

*~ Smile ~*… For that HUGE blister across your heel!

You’re lucky enough to have dance lessons! Think of those who can’t afford to travel to dancing and pay for a class and costume. Don’t take it for granted!

*~ Smile ~*… For looking down the toilet just before you go to the loo in school and seeing something you really didn’t want to! (I hate that)

You have the wonderful gift of sight! A privilege so many don’t have! Don’t take it for granted!

*~ Smile ~*… What IS that you’re being served for lunch at school?

You have a constant supply of food. Your cupboards are stocked. If the weather turns you won’t lose EVERYTHING! You’re not at risk from starvation! . Don’t take it for granted!

*~ Smile ~*… You’ve been dumped (Eugh what a horrible word)!

You had the opportunity to go out with a boy that you like! Think of the times when people get rejected… it hurts. Don’t take it for granted!

*~ Smile ~*… The bus is making weird noises!

You have the gift of hearing! Many don’t so count yourself lucky! Don’t take it for granted!

*~ Smile ~*… You have to go to your Grans 80th this weekend instead of the party!

Be happy that you have family to get together with and you’re not sat alone on your own in the dark, hungry and thirsty! Don’t take it for granted!

*~ Smile ~*… You fell on your butt in dance class…Wow was that embarrassing!

You have the opportunity to get back up and perfect that step. Don’t take it for granted!

*~ Smile ~*… You got every question on your math’s test wrong!

So get out there and LEARN from those mistakes! That’s the whole reason we make them! Don’t take it for granted!

*~ Smile ~*… You’re shattered (NW term for tired, nakered etc.) in the car on the way home from dance class!

You’ve just improved your stamina and worked your BUTT off. Congratulations! Even if the change is unnoticeable…. It can only be good! Don’t take it for granted!

*~ Smile You have cross country PE (for those who hate it)

Be grateful that you have legs that work to be able to run with and you aren’t confined to a wheel chair! Don’t take it for granted!

*~ Smile ~*… You’re not the prettiest girl in the class! (How the hell do we measure prettiness anyway)

You can stride to change your looks if you want. At the end of the day… does it matter if your hair is a mess and you have no make up on? Don’t take it for granted!

*~ Smile ~*… You’re no brain-box!

You have the opportunity to improve and get smarter! Don’t take it for granted!

So yeah I think I’ve covered a fair bit of what I thought about over there and I just wanted to help sorta put life into perspective! I’m by no means saying problems in your life aren’t big because we all face problems every day. Some big, some small! So just go out and Enjoy life!

Everything happens for a reason!

So...Live.....Life........DANCE!!!

49 Replies to Don't Worry...About A Thing... 'Cos Every Little Thing's.... Gonna Be alright! (Pic inside)

re: Don't Worry...About A Thing... 'Cos Every Little Thing's.... Gonna Be alright! (Pic inside) (karma: 2)
By DreamingTreemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3193, member since Sat May 24, 2003
On Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:21 AM
In this case, a Karma means way more than words. What a nice post!
re: Don't Worry...About A Thing... 'Cos Every Little Thing's.... Gonna Be alright! (Pic inside) (karma: 1)
By Piccolamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2910, member since Mon Jun 05, 2006
On Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:40 AM
Things happen for areason this post happen for a reason. I saw your tittle I call my attetion very much. An old friend used to sing this song to me when I have problems.

I was really sad for somethign that happend to me, I read this post and I felt little a 100 times better. Ok I have a little obstacle on life but wow I have so mamy other thingto be thankfull for!

Thank you you make me see thing with a whole new perspective.

*Plays Bob Marley and starts to sing*

Saying don't worry about a thing cause every little thing it's gonna be alright...

:D
re: Don't Worry...About A Thing... 'Cos Every Little Thing's.... Gonna Be alright! (Pic inside)
By Brittanymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15182, member since Thu Aug 22, 2002
On Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:44 AM
Edited by PieceofToast (36942) on 2006-11-13 11:44:58
I generally hate when my life is compared to those that are obviously less fortunate than I am. Because that doesn't mean that my problems are nothing...

But right now this post reminded me to listen to that Bob Marley song....

Because I just found out my cat that I have had for 13 years just died and I am torn up inside...and I feel like I can't be happy again.

Maybe the song will help...
re: Don't Worry...About A Thing... 'Cos Every Little Thing's.... Gonna Be alright! (Pic inside)
By Piccolamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2910, member since Mon Jun 05, 2006
On Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:51 AM
^ That song always help. It's like too relaxing, too happy, too Bob Marley.

I'm sorry about your cat :(
On Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:55 AM
I'm sorry about your cat too :( That's nothing minor! A cat can be like a best friend to a person and I know that right know words can't really help at all but PM me if you need to talk.
By Foofinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8947, member since Sat Mar 09, 2002
On Mon Nov 13, 2006 01:06 PM
Haha I started listening to Bob Marley after reading this too. But Im listening to Red Red Wine cause I love it.
re: Don't Worry...About A Thing... 'Cos Every Little Thing's.... Gonna Be alright! (Pic inside) (karma: 1)
On Mon Nov 13, 2006 02:56 PM
^ and your avatar matches perfectly! :D
By CrayolaPremium member Comments: 1549, member since Sat Feb 26, 2005
On Mon Nov 13, 2006 05:56 PM
Great Post! Very inspirational, and it really lets us put our own lives in perspective.
re: Don't Worry...About A Thing... 'Cos Every Little Thing's.... Gonna Be alright! (Pic inside) (karma: 2)
By balletsfriendmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5772, member since Thu Aug 30, 2001
On Mon Nov 13, 2006 08:14 PM
Although I do like the genera theme of this post, I'm going to have to agree with POT.

All of this is relative. Since most of us aren't living in the "other" conditions, we don't know what it's like. The way a person in a third-world country feels when something bad happens to them is the same way we feel when something bad happens to us. It doesn't matter what it is. It could be a family member dying to having an off-day in dance.

I do agree that a lot of people in this world have it "worse off" than me, however, today has been an awful day for me. I may not be starving, or having bad living conditions, but my own problems, boys, school, work, pleasing people, college, stress from everything feels like the worst thing ever to me.

I found out that this guy I really like has a girlfriend. It really really hurts. Now, I have food, a family, shelter, education, clothing, pretty much everything that some people don't have at all, but yet I can be in just as much pain, hurt, depression as them.

Like I said, people's problems are all relative. One person's bad thing can be another person's joy.

I agree with being thankful with all the things we do have, but still, when something "bad" happens to you, no matter the size of it, you're going to feel the same pain that someone else feels over something else.
On Sat Nov 18, 2006 04:06 AM
I’m by no means saying problems in your life aren’t big because we all face problems every day.

Balletsfriend, that's what I was trying to get at here.
By GrubbleBubblemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3880, member since Mon Nov 07, 2005
On Sat Nov 18, 2006 07:42 AM
I also usually hate these type of posts. Everyone sees his own problems as big, no matter how they compare to those of others. Its all relative. But I liked this post for some reason or other. So, Karma!
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7023, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Sun Nov 19, 2006 05:59 AM
*~ Smile ~*… You’re baby-sitting your younger brother tonight!

I could just leave it at that. :P
Seriously, my little borther is my best friend, any excuse to spend time with him is reason to smile!
By BananaPancakesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 126, member since Sat Nov 11, 2006
On Sun Nov 19, 2006 06:37 AM
ahh! Muchos Gracias!! I really needed to hear all of that.. especally the home work part.
Muchos Amor,

[Mikayla]
re: Don't Worry...About A Thing... 'Cos Every Little Thing's.... Gonna Be alright! (Pic inside) (karma: 3)
By Legwarmermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5734, member since Mon Sep 26, 2005
On Sun Nov 19, 2006 06:59 AM
Edited by Legwarmer (141868) on 2006-11-19 07:00:02
Edited by Legwarmer (141868) on 2006-11-19 07:03:24
I am thankful for having both legs and arms every night when I sit around in the kitchen, crying my soul out of myself while drinking a tiny bit of vodka with orange juice. Because I'm sad. I'm sad that I didn't accomplish an A+ on this or that, because I only managed an A-. I am sad because I am nervous about the presentation I have to give the next day. I am sad about the fact that the college I want to go to only offers 20 places for Molecular Medicine.

I am sad because the man I am in love with cannot be in a relationship with me at this particular time. And we won't be in a relationship until maybe some years. In fact, only if our love still exists. I fear that someday, I'll wake up, married to somebody else, thinking, "why... why did I marry him when I love somebody else, and when I have loved that person for the last decades...".

I am sad.

But I have both arms and legs, I can see, hear, smell, articulate myself. I am NOT in a lot of pain every day. I don't have cancer, HIV, I can sit, walk, DANCE.

I know what you guys mean. Yes, our problems are relative. But still... I think it's important to lean back once in a while and see the whole picture. You don't need to fall into self-pity when you can see that what you have already is GREAT.

Whenever I am sick (period cramps, and guys, believe me, I am in HUGE pain when that happens), I wish for those problems. I wish for me to be nervous because of something that tiny, I wish for me to worry about friendship problems or why on earth I cannot be with him. I wish for that! Keep in mind, although you don't live in Africa or somewhere else, even in YOUR current living conditions, you could be off so much worse. Imagine tomorrow, you find out you have some disease. Or your best friend dies.

You'd be laughing about your reply to this thread.

Leggie
On Mon Nov 20, 2006 09:18 AM
DeStijl that's adorable!!
By Irish_passion Comments: 88, member since Sun Oct 08, 2006
On Sun Nov 26, 2006 04:56 AM
Aww babes that's well sweet! It really cheered me up! Thank you! You made my day!
By TwinPeakesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2410, member since Mon Dec 05, 2005
On Fri Dec 01, 2006 09:11 AM
I agree with Nikya.....karma is my words!
re:Don't Worry...About A Thing...'Cos Every Little Thing's.... Gonna Be alright!(Pic inside)
By dancegur12 Comments: 771, member since Fri Jul 01, 2005
On Sun Dec 03, 2006 06:16 PM
WOW!! Such a long title
Great Post and you made a really good point we should be happy with what we have when other people around the world are dying and suffering when you think about it we are so lucky!!
like i said before great post
dancegur12
By LoopyLoismember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 240, member since Thu Nov 10, 2005
On Tue Dec 05, 2006 03:10 PM
ahhh, karma for this.
ive just had a really bad day, this made me smile :)
By EstherArella Comments: 12, member since Sun Nov 05, 2006
On Fri Dec 08, 2006 05:32 PM
I'm so glad you posted this. It really puts things in perspective! Thank you!
On Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:32 AM
Aww god bless you all this is lovely. And so much Karma? Thank you!!! Merry Christmas!!!!
By DejaDerangemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6188, member since Fri Mar 26, 2004
On Sun Dec 24, 2006 05:48 PM
While the thought counts here, you invalidate real problems when you compare them to those of others.

You don't know what our life experiences are, what we have to face every day, what haunts our past.

Things that may upset me today and seem silly to you mean a great deal more than you may think. You don't know what additional problems we may have.

In fact, I'd say that there are only 2 people on DDN who know even a sampling of the details of how things are for me personally --- in terms of living, education, relationships, things that have happened in my recent past...

Just because someone's problems seem trivial to you does NOT mean they are trivial, and telling someone that they are trivial can be extremely harmful.

Granted, there is a difference between overprivileged whining and real issues, but please don't tell me that my problems are the former when they are really the latter. That would be really rude of you.

M
On Fri Dec 29, 2006 04:08 AM
Hmm well DejaDerange, I really don't see how this is me being rude. I was just taking some small every day problems for some of us like having to sit for your little brother and trying to make them more positive for people so that instead of them not looking forward to it, they might look to it with a positive attitude. I really don't see how I'm being rude.

Trust me EVERY ONE has BIG problems in their life. I know many people who have had a very troubled past but try and look to the future and stay positive and this post may help them to stay positive. That was all I was trying to do, make people more positive and maybe smile a little more. If you think this is me being rude, maybe you should read the post a little closer becaus eas you can see, that was certainly not intended!
By turtlepancakesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 397, member since Sun Dec 03, 2006
On Sun Dec 31, 2006 06:19 PM
i know they have terrible, terrible problems, but ive always hated having my life compared to people less fortunant, because i DO feel terrible about that already, and it just makes me feel like an idiot... :\

good post though, ill give you karma.
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch