Forum: Folk / Polynesian Dance

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Tahitian basics help
By tiaretiare Comments: 1, member since Tue Feb 16, 2010
On Tue Feb 16, 2010 06:44 PM
Ia 'orana!

I liked your explanations. Could you tell me about ta'iri ne'e? It's being really hard for me to get to perform it fast and correctly.
Please help!

Maururu!!
By lanumoli Comments: 3, member since Fri Aug 27, 2010
On Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:13 PM
okay, but how about for men? can you also post the commands and explanations for them as well... please
By tahigirl808 Comments: 2, member since Wed Oct 13, 2010
On Wed Oct 27, 2010 02:25 PM
I would just like to add my two cents in.. your heels should NEVER leave the ground.. no pumping of your feet for speed... that'll be a huge point reduction and also its good to learn to rely on your knees and legs for your strength and speed rather than your feet. :)
By pbaden Comments: 1, member since Wed Apr 20, 2011
On Wed Apr 20, 2011 09:23 AM
Is there a site where I can watch these moves being performed? Its been a while since I've danced
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7921, member since Thu Mar 31, 2005
On Sun Aug 05, 2012 04:02 AM
www.youtube.com . . .

1. Varu (then Otamu) Varu (Otamu again)
2. Fa'arapu (Otamu) Fa'arapu (Otamu)
3. Afata (Otamu) Afata (Otamu)
4. Ta'iri (Otamu) Ta'iri (Otamu)
5. Tiare (Otamu) Tiare (Otamu)
6. Fa'arapu (Otamu) Long Fast Fa'arapu, End.
By amberlovespoi Comments: 1, member since Sun Nov 04, 2012
On Mon Nov 05, 2012 08:32 AM
Is there a proper name for making the hips do an X movement? or this a modern move?
By Sparkle8 Comments: 5, member since Sat Aug 10, 2013
On Sat Aug 10, 2013 01:38 AM
Kiaora can u help, I'm doing the fa'arapu fast and slow to medium pace is sweet, as soon as I go faster my right heel starts to lift up to help balance me on the left othawise I feel like a helicopter wanting to take off and I don't know how to keep both heels down, this is important for me for the hula cook island style, when doing the round circle washing machine am I meant to be pumping equally thru both legs to work my hips? And also I tend to go to a shimmer on the faster fa'arapu as well why is this , are my legs weak as to why I shimmer and its not helping pump thru to my hips? Joeterekia@hotmail.com
On Sat Aug 10, 2013 01:39 AM
Kiaora can u help, I'm doing the fa'arapu fast and slow to medium pace is sweet, as soon as I go faster my right heel starts to lift up to help balance me on the left othawise I feel like a helicopter wanting to take off and I don't know how to keep both heels down, this is important for me for the hula cook island style, when doing the round circle washing machine am I meant to be pumping equally thru both legs to work my hips? And also I tend to go to a shimmer on the faster fa'arapu as well why is this , are my legs weak as to why I shimmer and its not helping pump thru to my hips? Joeterekia@hotmail.com
On Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:24 PM
Kiaora can u help, I'm doing the fast fa'arapu, now doing it slow to medium pace is sweet, as soon as I go faster my right heel starts to lift up to help balance me on the left othawise I feel like a helicopter wanting to take off and I don't know how to keep both heels down, this is important for me for the hula cook island style, when doing the round circle washing machine am I meant to be pumping equally thru both legs to work my hips? And also I tend to go to a shimmer on the faster fa'arapu as well why is this , are my legs weak as to why I shimmer and its not helping pump thru to the hips? What do u suggest
By Tahitianlover19 Comments: 23, member since Thu Jan 30, 2014
On Mon Feb 03, 2014 02:07 AM
I am sooo glad you mentioned drum beats! I've been having a hard time differentiating between some of my beats do you have any suggestions for me? I am competing my first solo at fete in a few months so I really need help so I will be able to make it past pre-Lims !
By cbjsjk Comments: 1, member since Fri Apr 24, 2015
On Fri May 22, 2015 09:23 PM
Sometimes different halau refer to certain dance terms differently.

____
Lexia 3 Outils de Diagnostic
By Manaolana Comments: 1, member since Thu Feb 18, 2016
On Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:02 AM
Aloha, thank you so much for the great information you provided ! I recently got back into Tahitian dancing about a month ago and I love it so much. I got the basics down. I'm mainly working on increasing the speed of my fa'arapu. Anyways, I would love to know all about the drum beats and names and what dance (fa'arapu,tamau etc) move to use on that specific beat? Please. Thank you for your help =) Manaolana
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch