On Fri Nov 17, 2006 08:26 PM

from the looks of it i think they're freestyling:
www.youtube.com . . .

vid's kinda choppy but still dope...

8 Replies to Ejoe and Terry Vid

re: Ejoe and Terry Vid
By lare
On Sat Nov 18, 2006 04:28 PM
maaaaan, when I saw this clip I was absolutely going crazy! Ejoe's musicality is so incredibly high on this performance. He was so in tune with this song by Physics. Every step, every spin, every loft, crawl, etc. was the music. I think most newbies to house look at ejoe as being too slow, but the way he just works it is so very unique. Most people can't slow down nowadays they are to 4/4 and do so much crazy shiet that sometimes they forget to feel it. Hes like a natural lyrical dancer, very passionate. Terry also was dope cuz his fast footwork mimic the beats of the song. And dawm! I really loved this clip alot.

You should check out a new clip of Caleaf and Ejoe on youtube. Its amazingly dope too cuz like you'll see both them just vibin' together just havin' fun. I think dances nowadays are too caught up in trying to kill it and impress everybody when we should all focus on the music, the spirit, our souls, and life in general. Dawm, if I can experience the vibe more often I'd be in heaven.

word.
By wacky_NY
On Sat Nov 18, 2006 04:57 PM
those noobs would be fooled then, cuz ive seen ejoe do stuff thats not on video just as fast as the other OGs. one thing he knows very well, on top of musicality is knowing the area around him. im pretty tall so this is something i have difficulty with, but he has told me that knowing the space around you is very important.

all urban dance styles have people trying to impress or kill it, but i feel like thats more of a bboy/bgirl thing. either way, if you are ever in ny, check out deephousepage.com events to find some good places to go for house. housedancer.com has some events listed but im not certain if those are still going on.
By SpellieDev
On Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:49 AM
werd... ejoe can be pretty animal when he wants to be. i always like watching him and terry's vids cuz they push musicality SO much, it just draws you in.

i picked up terry's footwork fanatic dvd last year, it's gotta be one of my biggest influences.... he has this musician's approach to hitting rhythms in songs, it's seamless.

hey wacky, just double-checking... but are you from NY? i was wondering what time of the year is good to travel there for house-type stuff.
By SpellieDev
On Sun Nov 19, 2006 05:09 PM
i just saw the ejoe/caleaf vid.

wooowwaweeewow......i see what you mean about vibe in that clip.

www.youtube.com . . .
By wacky_NY
On Sun Nov 19, 2006 05:44 PM
i live outside nyc and since im older now im thinking more about saving money, then spending it going to nyc. im not sure when the best time of the year to go is nowadays. i was only going to hdc but now its not really going on anymore. i would think the summer is the best time. it seems to bring out more people and theres always outdoor events and whatnot. honestly though, theres always something posted on deep house page.
By SpellieDev
On Sun Nov 19, 2006 09:33 PM
yea i wanna check out NY's house scene... i was there during summer 2001, but that was before i was into house dance. it's gonna happen, i just need to plan everything out right so i don't miss the boat on anything. thanks for the advice. :)
By lare
On Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:56 AM
yo Dev. Man, i've only been to one house spot in NY. I went to Club Shelter when it was still on 39th st. Man, it was hella dope. It was pretty much one of those times in life when you solidify your love for something. I can remember it like it was yesterday, my love for house culture in general rose like 150% after feeling that vibe.

But here are some spots I do know about (cuz I always just check to see whats going on over there. I got this info from fusicology.com which is a website where you can get info for underground clubs/lounges/etc. We used it for LA too.

but here are some spots::

Deep Sea on Tuesday nights @ Sapphire Lounge.

New Jack City on Tuesday nights @ APT

Soulgasm on wednesday nights @ Sin Sin/The Leopard Lounge

I hear that the new spot for Shelter in SOHO kinda sucks. like its really small and stuff.

Dawm man. I wanna hit up this spot on friday night in brooklyn, but i don't know what its called.
By tinytine
On Sun Nov 26, 2006 01:00 PM
Ejoe can dance just as fast as the other "OG's", but his approach is more lofty than the other house dancers (who a lot of them started off doing hip hop before house), and as you probably know, lofting predates house dancing. So his style is more OG than the OG's you speak of! If you go to Shelter or the 718 parties or other lofting parties, you'll witness the lofters (who are probably as old as your parents!), and they ride through the beats more than hit every single one of them.

Shelter downtown is getting better, I like that it's small because it's intimate. The sound system is really good, airconditioning works well (sometimes too well) and the floor is soooo nice and new, you don't feel like you're going to cut your face on splinters.

ReplySendWatch Draw