Forum: Gym / Rhythmic Gymnastics

Chest rolls and chest stands.
By Tumbler4fx
On Thu Nov 30, 2006 05:17 PM

Hi everyone I've really gotten back into Rhythmic Gymnastics not long ago. And I am working on getting my flexibility to reach my chest stand again. I didn't really stretch for it before I just had it. Now, I can get my feet to touch my head, but I can't get them to touch the floor beside my head anymore. I don't really know how to stretch for a chest stand, or chest seat, however you would place it. But does anyone know any good back stretches to stretch the muscles needed to do a chest stand/seat?

1 Replies to Chest rolls and chest stands.

re: Chest rolls and chest stands.
By ralucagymnast
On Tue Dec 12, 2006 06:27 AM
Hi
I taught my eight year old to do cheststands, and extended leg chest stands etc,, the way I taught her, was just to keep doing them going farther and farther until her feet touched in front of her head. She is naturally very flexible, so she learned it inabout a week. I stretch her back by getting her to lie on her tummy, then I get her to grasp her alternate elbows, and then I pull her arms over her head and get her to touch her head to her bum, then lift her legs so her head is touching the backs of her knees, if you get me. Then I ask her to lie on her chest and kick her legs right over her head to the floor. Just lots of practice and you will get it again. Good luck! She can now do cheststands with her legs straight in front and her feet crossed!! Good luck with your stretching and if you need any info let me know!!

ReplySendWatch