Forum: General / Ballroom / Waltz

Waltz
Any good waltz tips
By irenie_poomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4196, member since Mon Oct 09, 2006
On Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:08 PM

heyyyyyyy! for my ballet dance this year i have to do a traditional ballet waltz with this guy, i pretty much learned the steps but any suggestions for an overall good apearence? any advice?

*i dont know if its the same type of waltz?

3 Replies to Any good waltz tips

re: Any good waltz tips
By dancefreak1991 Comments: 331, member since Fri Jun 02, 2006
On Mon Dec 04, 2006 02:05 AM
I don thtink the ballet waltz is the same as in ballroom.
I do grade6 RAD ballet and we have a Waltz dance which is 10% of our final grade. Its a free movement exersize with three beats to the bar time.

I think in ballet the waltz dance is just a dance where the music has three beats to the bar.

Faye x xx
By Live4Dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 729, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Wed Dec 06, 2006 07:43 AM
I agree with the above, I have both a ballet and ballroom background. All though you can make it look better. I saw a ballet waltz in a ballet last year, and I was annoyed by the position of the ladies. Even if the dancers were awesome, their dance position was all over the place.
Make sure your thumb and middle finger are placed on each side of your partner triscept(sp?) (not on his shoulder). Your head should tilt at 2 o'clock at all time. His head should look at 11 o'clock at all time as well.
If you are interested I can send you pictures of a good ballroom dance position.
By irenie_poomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4196, member since Mon Oct 09, 2006
On Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:23 AM
that would be nice

ReplySendWatch