Just wandered who'd seen the new film 'Happy Feet'
about the tap dancing penguin?

What did you think...?

Love Rachel xxxx.

15 Replies to !Happy Feet!

re: !Happy Feet!
By jstdancewitme247 Comments: 78, member since Thu Oct 12, 2006
On Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:51 PM
i thot it was funny and i loved it! just the last half hour where its all political and crap... i think tht i could have done without that. it was such a cute movie till it went to how people are ruining the environment. but. i went to tapmoves.com (i think thts what the site is) and watched the making of the film and all the tap dancers and the main guy is AMAZING!!!!
By xDancinRachx Comments: 741, member since Fri Apr 07, 2006
On Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:53 PM
Awww wicked lol!

Shall have to check that one out!

Thank you xx
By GracefulDisastermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 48, member since Sun Jan 14, 2007
On Mon Jan 22, 2007 03:41 AM
I absolutely loooo ved it!!! We went and saw it the day it came out, we all thought it was brilliant! I got a few ideas for dances for our studios end of year concert. I can't wait til it comes out on DVD!!!
x0x
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12135, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:52 AM
I actually loved the political bit. a) it was neccessary for the storyline, and b) it raises awareness about animal conservation... it was only lightly glossed over anyway, you'd need to be an adult to be able to figure out the subtle meaning behind it.

Other than that, I thought it was cute :) Would have preferred to know for sure that Gloria and Mumbo/Mumble got together in the end, but yeah, cute :)
By pasdebourretenduPremium member Comments: 1831, member since Mon Oct 24, 2005
On Thu Jan 25, 2007 04:22 PM
Edited by pasdebourretendu (144000) on 2007-01-25 16:23:23 Why is this in the tap photos board? I was wondering why I couldn't give karma (hits head on desk)
totally agree with glitterfairy
By Joaniemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1707, member since Wed Mar 30, 2005
On Thu Jan 25, 2007 04:34 PM
I liked the movie but agree with jstdancewitme247 about the poltical bit

I take environmental science every day in school so I really didnt need any more sensationalism in my weekend "no school" time
By StardancerTiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5074, member since Sat Jan 28, 2006
On Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:52 AM
thought it was absolutley fabulous those little penquins were so cute hope they do another one
By xDancinRachx Comments: 741, member since Fri Apr 07, 2006
On Fri Feb 02, 2007 02:05 PM
Wow .. sounds like everyone's enjoyed it!

x x
By bronnimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3459, member since Sat Jul 16, 2005
On Tue Mar 06, 2007 08:44 AM
hello :)
i saw it a few weeks ago it was fab all the penguins were soooooo cute i want a pet penguin lol. i cant wait till happy feet comes out on dvd :)
By electric_pink Comments: 6, member since Fri Jun 23, 2006
On Wed Mar 07, 2007 01:52 PM
i love it! i went to go see it with my tap teachers and some friends from dance. it was so much fun.
By electric_pink Comments: 6, member since Fri Jun 23, 2006
On Wed Mar 07, 2007 01:55 PM
i love it! i went to go see it with my tap teachers and some friends from dance. it was so much fun.
By FusionDancer17 Comments: 4, member since Fri Apr 27, 2007
On Fri Apr 27, 2007 07:54 PM
Loved it loved it loved it!! I think it's the best movie ever! But then, I mostly ignored all the political crap and whatnot. I just enjoyed watching Mumble (Savion Glover) dance and listened to the little penguin Ramon (Robin Williams) tell jokes the whole time. My dance studio quotes him all the time. Anyway, much love to Happy Feet!! =)
By AlpacaTappa Comments: 252, member since Fri Mar 16, 2007
On Sun Apr 29, 2007 01:38 AM
I thought the whole movie was amazing. The songs, the dancing, the environmental message - it was all in all just a great concept. I mean, the target audience is kids - and so that environmental thing was kind of a good idea, to raise awareness. I'm all for that.
Hehe, I took my sister and my cousin, and by the end of the movie we were all tapping in our seats. :D I think there may have been a few people in the audience who wanted to kill us... but we just couldn't help it!
By from_lornasmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1973, member since Sun Feb 29, 2004
On Fri May 18, 2007 04:16 PM
Though I thought the movie was somewhat cute, and I love baby penguins, I was REALLY disappointed in the concept.

The whole approach that tap dancing would raise awareness about the environment was flawed, tap dancing started out as entertainment, broadway style, not really showing emotionn, thoughts, or ideologies. But I could've gotten past that.

It was the, "Oh we can't put any resources into saving more people in underdeveloped countries or countries with tyrannical arbitrary dictators for leaders, because those people can't tap dance. Now the penguins on the other hand...."

And I just think that concept is really sad. Obviously this is over simplification, and if you had a choice between a starving African or a North Korean orphan, and a tap dancing penguin, I really hope you'd choose to help the people. Not because I think humans deserve help sooner than animals. Simply because the environment is at terrible risk right now, but could wait until we helped our own kind first.

But I must say, watching a penguin toddler doing time steps was super cute. :P
By glitterfairyPremium member Comments: 12135, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Sat May 19, 2007 04:06 AM
But helping the environment IS helping our own kind. Not only because over-fishing and pollution affects us just as much as them, but because we have a moral responsiblity to take care of wildlife - they were around before we were, remember!

And I don't think the plot line was based around tap-dancing saving the world. It could have been anything so long as it served the purpose of 'novelty act performed by penguins'.

from_lornas wrote:

It was the, "Oh we can't put any resources into saving more people in underdeveloped countries or countries with tyrannical arbitrary dictators for leaders, because those people can't tap dance. Now the penguins on the other hand...."

Where in the movie did they say that?

Obviously a film designed to raise awareness about wildlife conservation isn't going to point out the hundreds of other 'worthy' causes it's competing against for attention/funding. It's like a political party pointing out the strengths of their opposition.

ReplySendWatchDraw