Forum: Gym / Rhythmic Gymnastics

Rhytmic magazine?
By Simona_A
On Thu Dec 28, 2006 08:48 AM

I saw some magazine about gymnastics on intlgymnast.com but seems that it refers to rhytmics only a few and more to artistic women and men gymnastics.
Is there a rhytmic gymnastics magazine in english to which I can subscribe?

7 Replies to Rhytmic magazine?

re: Rhytmic magazine?
By Proud_Mama
On Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:40 PM
As far as I know, there isn't a strictly rhythmic gymnastics magazine. There are lots of magazines out there for gymnastics, that have a page or 2 about rhythmics, but otherwise that's it. I hate it, my daughter (the rhythmic gymnast) thinks it's unfair. SO... if anyone out there does find one, please let me know!
By tomtom1220
On Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:03 PM
Edited by tomtom1220 (54151) on 2007-01-11 12:08:30 forgot one word
Edited by tomtom1220 (54151) on 2007-01-11 12:11:05 word misspelling
Edited by tomtom1220 (54151) on 2007-01-11 12:46:20 forgot something
Dear Simona,

Yes, Proud_Mama has it correct. There is really not a "go to" rhythmic gymnastics only magazine in English. In fact magazines that feature RG are becoming fewer. (I just learned the nice magazine from Japan called "Sports Eye" is no longer published.)

Here is a synopsis... With the English mainstream gymnastics magazines the page space each year for RG is getting smaller or non-existent in recent years. For the few of us that cover and follow world class level rhythmic...this is really, really hard to take. "International Gymnast" from USA shows maybe one cover and poster a year and just coverage of European and World Championships. In their "International Report" section, no more RG photos. They do carry RG news online same as gymmedia.com does. "Inside Gymnastics" from USA is AG only. "Backflip" from UK started a tiny bit with RG, but has reduced issues and really is only AG. "Sport Galaxy" from Germany may have the most RG page space now. In Italy "Gym Action" and "Artistic Sport" mix in RG also. Some of the English speaking gymnastic federations (USA, GBR etc) and the FIG show RG sometimes. The Russian federation once had an RG only magazine and in Bulgaria their was once an RG magazine (3G). Photographers Barny Thierolf and Gerhard Barkmann from Germany publish calendars each year and make giant photo posters available at their photostands (grand prix events and major championships).

There are advertisers that could be recruited (EuroGym Paris, Venturelli shoes Italy, Dvillena shoes Spain, Gymnova France, Asics & Sasaki & Chacott from Japan, leotard designers). These advertisers would mean everything to the survival of a new publication. Giant stars on the scale of Nadia Comaneci could help to spark things. RG final being the last day of the Olympic Games makes it little harder to happen with worldwide media. Yet Eurosport channel in Europe does not miss the major championships and plus Cirque du Soleil does not miss the major stars of rhythmic either.

A small English language magazine only about RHYTHMIC would be a costly yet very valuable and much appreciated undertaking. There are knowledgeable writers on every continent. If a magazine could have nice word impressions (avoiding or without politics), timely gymnast interviews and big beautiful pictures:)). There are sure to be very loyal fans. I would love to work for this magazine as a photographer, contributor. Ok mateys, this dream lives with some of us... -Tom
Wow...
By Simona_A
On Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:09 PM
Thanks for both replies.
Tomtom your reply is an all aspects containing, is complete and also an intereseting one.
Plus it brings in front line for all lovers of rhytmic gymnastics the idea of making an only rhytmic magazine by ourselves!
Maybe we can help each other and create a magazine with our favourite hobby! It would be great to be able to issue such a magazine!
By dancestarlet87
On Wed Jan 17, 2007 03:42 AM
a rhythmic magazine would be great! And everyone involved's effort would be so much appreciated
Well...
By Simona_A
On Wed Jan 17, 2007 09:41 AM
First of all there must be made a study to see how many people are interested in such a magazine.
Then some founds must be gathered, maybe some international projects would be interested to sponsor at the begining.
Then a printing work must be found - for rent at the begining.
Then a team can be formed and together to find all necesary people to issue such a magazine.
Then it remains only devotament and passion.
Maybe if we take it step by step, we can reach to something great!
Well...
By Simona_A
On Wed Jan 17, 2007 09:46 AM
First of all there must be made a study to see how many people are interested in such a magazine.
Then some founds must be gathered, maybe some international projects would be interested to sponsor at the begining.
Some rhytmic gymnastics clubs should be contacted, in order to know if we have access to some interviews and pictures outside competitions.
Then a printing work must be found - for rent at the begining.
Then a team can be formed and together to find all necesary people to issue such a magazine.
Might be also some more, but these should be the major points.
Then it remains only devotament and passion.
Maybe if we take it step by step, we can reach to something great!
By Proud_Mama
On Thu Jan 25, 2007 08:44 PM
Well I found an ALL RG mag, but it's totally in Russian. here's the website if anyone wants to check it out....

rsgmagazine.h1.ru

Looks great though :)

ReplySendWatch