Popular Irish

London 2014 clrg world championships day 4 by noseyfeismum
Best of luck to everyone today x

Forum: Ballet / Ballet Choreography

Ballet Choreography
Paquita? en>fr fr>en
By Miss_Wolfiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 956, member since Sat Oct 14, 2006
On Sat Jan 06, 2007 09:47 PM
Locked by Miss_Wolfie (168502) on 2007-06-13 19:22:17 Old

For Our Spring Peroformance we're doing parts of PAwuita. Could someone explain what exactly Paquita is? A list of dances and descriptions of them would be great. All the videos you can find would be helpful also! Thanks so much!

4 Replies to Paquita?

re: Paquita? en>fr fr>en
By enigmaticpheomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1809, member since Thu Oct 12, 2006
On Sat Jan 06, 2007 09:56 PM
Congrats! Paquita is a really neat ballet; it's got a lot of spice and mystery to it, as it is gypsy influenced. Here's a summary of the plot from ABT's site:
Paquita, a ballet in two acts and three scenes, tells the story of Paquita, rescued from a massacre as a child by gypsies, who, years later, while travelling and dancing with the gypsy band, returns to her home in the Spanish valley town of Sargossa, and is subsequently reunited with her family. These divertissements, from Act II, Scene II, are performed at a ball at the home of the Comte d'Hervilly (Paquita's uncle).

As for videos...:
www.youtube.com . . . (POB)
www.youtube.com . . . (Kirov)
www.youtube.com . . . (Zhong Jing Fang)
www.youtube.com . . . (POB, I think)
www.youtube.com . . . (ABT)

There's even more if you search youtube. =]
By Miss_Wolfiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 956, member since Sat Oct 14, 2006
On Sat Jan 06, 2007 09:57 PM
Oh Cool! Thanks a ton! I think that we're using the Kirov's choreography...but I could be wrong. @.@
Thanks again! :)
By Djinn Comments: 187, member since Tue Jan 16, 2007
On Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:01 AM
Another Kirov Paquita clip, this one from Dropshots:

www.dropshots.com . . .
By fouettegirl Comments: 1237, member since Mon Oct 04, 2004
On Sat Jan 27, 2007 09:43 PM
There is a story to Paquita, but most often it's just performed as a stand-alone piece: there's a lead couple, plus a few solos and corps work.

There's an ABT version and a Bolshoi version (I think) that our studio uses for the choreography.

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed