Forum: Folk / Polynesian Dance

me dancing Ka Uluwehi O Ke Kai
By No_Longer_on_DDNPremium member
On Sun Jan 07, 2007 02:46 PM

Aloha everyone!

I found this on my computer about a week ago. I guess my husband recorded it and never told me. Any-hoo...it was @ a luau that I performed at when I moved here to Virginia. Enjoy!

www.youtube.com . . .

9 Replies to me dancing Ka Uluwehi O Ke Kai

re: me dancing Ka Uluwehi O Ke Kai
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jan 07, 2007 03:18 PM
Aw, that was so nice!

Someday I guess I'll get up enough courage to post on YouTube (NOT!). You're braver than I am.

Good hips, good arms, nice uwehes, too. And that was you from years ago? You must be even nicer when you dance, now!
On Sun Jan 07, 2007 04:38 PM
thank you! = )

i know...i didn't want to post it up...that's why i didn't put a lot of words in the tag section. lol. i mainly put it up so everyone on the board can enjoy.

Even though I've been dancing for a long time...i don't think i'm that great and i feel there's always room for improvement. = ) you know?

all i know is...i LOVE to dance...so in the end..that's all that really matters.

mahalo again!
On Sun Jan 07, 2007 07:49 PM
I know what you mean.

The particular seat of my self-consciousness is that I'm not Hawaiian, and I'm always worried that I represent Hula correctly and don't do anything wrong when I dance. I LOVE Hula, though, and that's the reason I keep going back to it. It's like a lover I can't leave alone. LOL.
By nhannie
On Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:51 AM
wow that was so beautiful. so graceful! i dont think i can ever really hula....i tried it and i am just soooo stiff and unnatural...
On Wed Jan 10, 2007 05:24 PM
^Practice makes perfect! It takes years to get 'good' at Hula. You see how paranoid and self conscious I am in my post about my dancing? I've been doing Hula for almost 15 years!
On Thu Jan 11, 2007 09:14 PM
Thank you nhannie!

Don't be paranoid Celebrian! I totally messed up in the video I posted (not too mention the fact that I wasn't even in aiha'a through most of it). But I know how you feel...I don't think I would ever post my Tahitian on youtube...i look like slow motion compared to most of the girls!
By doomed_fairymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Feb 10, 2007 03:14 AM
BEAUTIFUL! I like your energy. It's such a peppy song, and you sure keep moving! Really nice job.
Nahenahe hula
By wannahula
On Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:24 PM
Beautiful smooth dancing! Your husband was so cute to be proud of your dancing and put that vid up of you dancing. Totally love your `uwehe and the way your dress poofs up from doing it correctly. Great dancer!
On Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:51 PM
thank you. = ) i really appreciate everyone's comments.

ReplySendWatch