Forum: USA / USA - LA

High school Cheerleading US style v`s Aussie Style
By primish
On Tue Jan 09, 2007 06:28 PM

Hey people`z

Im an Aussie mum who`s daughter cheerleads at her High school , and i`d like to see if any young ( 14-15 yr olds )
american girls who cheer at high school would like to talk .

See I`d like to compare training schedules , tricks , tumbles , even audition stuff.

My daughter thinks that her school would do so much better at the competitions if they just tried to put more effort into there routines . Like they use the head cheerleaders to choreograph the routines and they dont let the juniors have any input , whether they`d use it or not who knows.

We dont try anything exciting like backflips ,tumbles ,pyramid holds/poses or that kind of stuff. Some of the girls can do those tricks cause they do them at dance class.

So my questions are ;

* HOW MANY HOURS A WEEK DO YOU PRACTICE ?
* DO THE JUNIORS HAVE THERE THOUGHTS HEARD ?
* DO YOU HAVE A STRICT DRESS CODE FOR PERFORMING ?
* DO YOU FUNDRAISE FOR YOUR TEAM ?
* WHAT AGE CAN YOU APPLY FOR HEAD CHEERLEADER ?
* DOES YOUR TEAM HAVE A PROFFESIONAL DANCE COACH ?

Sorry there probably intense but thats just a few things we`d like to compare....

Hope someone reads and responds....

1 Replies to High school Cheerleading US style v`s Aussie Style

re: High school Cheerleading US style v`s Aussie Style
By Breannemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Feb 24, 2007 05:01 PM
hey im not maerican but it seems that the USA bord is dead so id thought I would ost here. Im canadain, our cheerleading is similar to the americans but not as popular or hardcore. Our teams are mainly competitive school teams.

* HOW MANY HOURS A WEEK DO YOU PRACTICE ? 8.5
* DO THE JUNIORS HAVE THERE THOUGHTS HEARD ? yes the coaches will listen to the juniors if they have something to say and are respectful about it, but just because a junior has a suggestion dosnt mean they will implement it. Juniors and seniors have about the same amount of cedibilty.
* DO YOU HAVE A STRICT DRESS CODE FOR PERFORMING ? We have a uniform that we have to wear when preforming and practice clothes that we have to wear to practice
* DO YOU FUNDRAISE FOR YOUR TEAM ? Every other year we have a travel year where we travel to the states to compeate. For travel years we a re required to fundraise. For non-travel years the cost is minimal so there are no fundraisers since the school covers most of the costs
* WHAT AGE CAN YOU APPLY FOR HEAD CHEERLEADER ? We have a captian of the team which the coaches choose. The captian is a senior, nobody applies they just choose
* DOES YOUR TEAM HAVE A PROFFESIONAL DANCE COACH ? We do but most teams don't.

ReplySendWatch