Forum: General / Tap / Tap Photos - Misc

Tap Photos - Misc
Daughter's new duet pic
By Kiltie143 Comments: 446, member since Sun Sep 03, 2006
On Wed Jan 10, 2007 09:24 PM

Just to say that we should never underestimate our kids...this is a picture from my daughter and her friend's new student choreography, which impressed me considering she is 9 years old. She chose to do a tap routine because she is completely addicted to it...her school teachers say she can't just walk, she shuffles, hops, and taps her feet wherever she goes! They were required to choose the music, choreograph the dance, and figure out a costume...(lucky for me she knows some older dancers who have costumes to lend!!) They did an amazing job, considering they are still beginners with tap, although they have been dancing since they were little.

8 Replies to Daughter's new duet pic

re: Daughter's new duet pic
By Starbatondancer Comments: 103, member since Wed Nov 22, 2006
On Sat Jan 13, 2007 07:09 PM
awe there so cute same with their costumes:D
By ShirleyTemple Comments: 501, member since Tue Dec 24, 2002
On Sat Feb 03, 2007 07:53 PM
What song did the do?
On Sun Feb 04, 2007 03:19 PM
They did it to one of the most addictive ( but in a cute way for them) song...Cotton eyed Joe by Rednex. Very western and energetic! I will be hearing that song in my sleep for the whole competition season, at least. :)
By candianteachermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 638, member since Mon Oct 17, 2005
On Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:32 PM
What type of teacher allows beginner tappers to cheorgraph their own dance???
Cutie costumes though.
On Tue Feb 06, 2007 09:12 PM
It's a part of an internal choreography competition held for all members of their competition teams, a chance for the dancers (from ages 7-23) to try something of their own, including choosing the type of dance for their choreography, and if they do a good enough job of it, they can expand on it for competitions. A real learning experience, but we get some great surprises from the dancers.
By candianteachermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 638, member since Mon Oct 17, 2005
On Wed Feb 07, 2007 03:09 PM
That is great. We have Student Cheroegraphy here in Canada, but the students must wear all black and they are not marked on the dance as much as the musicality and use of the stage.
Hi
By funky_tapper721 Comments: 5, member since Tue Apr 25, 2006
On Sat Mar 03, 2007 02:19 AM
Your daughter nd her friend look so adorable in there costumes!!! Wish them good luck 4 there dance!
On Tue Apr 03, 2007 08:15 PM
Just a little update...the girls had their first competition with their choreography (entered with regular choreographies, not student ones) this weekend, and they got a Gold Award! (between 90-95%). We were so proud of them and their hard work, especially since they also had two other entries with their funk team as well...never underestimate determination in our kids! :)

ReplySendWatchDraw