Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

Lazy team / motivation ideas?
By dancelover131
On Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:55 PM

The girls on the squad are really being lazy when it comes to dancing. They do the dance when there supposed to then they just talk right after and not put 100% into the dance. Competition is only in a few weeks and i don't know how to motivate them. ANy ideas?

4 Replies to Lazy team / motivation ideas?

re: Lazy team / motivation ideas?
By Honeymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jan 14, 2007 07:32 PM
Maybe try giving them a reward for performing the dance with all their energy. For example, tell them that everytime they do the dance full-out, they get to leave practice 5 minutes early, or something like that.
By Joaniemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jan 14, 2007 08:46 PM
I agree with Honey but also it might be good if you are frank with them and go "listen I can see your slacking thats fine but when you lose don't come crying to me" if there smart they will try harder but if they don't and they do not win they know you warned them

This usually happens to my dnce team but then after the first comp they wise up
Yes..
By broadway_baby99
On Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:13 AM
Make teams and offer a retribution to the winner, maybe control overe musical choices or something like that.
By PomPonGirl
On Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:38 PM
My team has a really difficult time not talking afterwards too. My coach says that she is going to do something called "team 10". Whenever we are goofing off, or talking, either her, me, or the other captain says "team 10", then everyone on the team has to do 10 pushups. It may be extreme, but maybe the girls who aren't doing it full out should sit out for a game until they straighten up. Another idea is when you make up another routine, but all of the girls who are behaving in front and tell the others they are staying in the back until they can prove themselves. We have competition coming up (tomarrow actually) and I don't think we are going to do so well because some of the girls aren't dedicated enough either.

*Tiffany*

ReplySendWatch