Forum: Arts / Body Art

Body Art
Just a reminder : if you ask for an opinion, we shall give it. (karma: 10)
By DejaDerangemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6188, member since Fri Mar 26, 2004
On Thu Jan 18, 2007 03:01 PM
Made sticky by Theresa (28613) on 2007-01-19 07:30:15

I would like to preface this post with a clear statement that this is by no means directed at any single individual, thread, or anything of that sort.

It is intended as a friendly reminder of the purpose of Dance.Net :) And as a member, I like to see that the community runs as smoothly as possible.

Now then...

Please, ladies and gentlemen, if you make a post asking for peoples' opinions and advice, do not get snotty with us about what we may reply.

You write to us asking for advice. We do our best to supply that advice to the fullest extent we are able. In many scenarios, it's not possible to give a full and complete answer --- we can't see your ears: we don't know what's wrong with them. We aren't tattoo artists. (well, not most of us, anyways. ;))

But we have good advice to share.

When you make a post and ask us to help you, we will share our insight with you. Our responses may or may not be what you want to hear.

If you just want to hear people reiterate what you already believe, or tell you nice things because you want to hear them, turn off your computer and go outside and play.

We do not lie to give you or anyone else gratification. We give advice. Especially with body mods, you need to be cautious. Your health and well being are at stake, as well as money, appearance, and many other things not worth detailing. :) This is serious stuff. You're creating open wounds in your body with piercing and tattooing. Mods are absolutely something you want to approach armed with the best available information, the right attitude, and a mindset focused on sanitation, safety, and quality.

My point? Don't ask us for advice if you don't really want it. We have better things to do with our time than deal with your immaturity.

M

6 Replies to Just a reminder : if you ask for an opinion, we shall give it.

re: Just a reminder : if you ask for an opinion, we shall give it.
By SnowWhitemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7666, member since Sun Oct 27, 2002
On Thu Jan 18, 2007 05:39 PM
Yay @ YOU!! :)

That pretty much sums up my feelings.
re: Just a reminder : if you ask for an opinion, we shall give it. (karma: 1)
By Orangesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4291, member since Wed Jun 23, 2004
On Thu Jan 18, 2007 06:22 PM
you mean you wont make me feel special and tell me everything will be okay?

:P
By DarkIvymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 6601, member since Mon Feb 04, 2002
On Thu Jan 18, 2007 08:24 PM
Thank you.
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Fri Jan 19, 2007 07:54 AM
Edited by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2007-01-19 07:57:12
Psh, I lie to people all the time.* Yeah, sure, honey, it really does say "strength" in Japanese and not "spicy tuna roll!" And that spiderweb would look AWESOME across you face. And NO, of COURSE it won't lessen your chances of getting a professional job! Also, you should definitely get your belly piercing done with a gun and you should go swimming straight afterwards and touch it as much as possible.

Dani

*not actual occurrence
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Wed Jan 24, 2007 04:03 PM
*applause* We've been there, done that, and have a lot of experience among us when it comes to mods. If you're underage or considering unsanitary ways to get modified, don't expect me to sugarcoat things with you. I'm going to be brutally honest and that's just it.
By lola_dancer Comments: 3, member since Tue Aug 08, 2006
On Sat Feb 10, 2007 01:33 PM
i agree 100%.

ReplySendWatch