Forum: Advice / Pilates/Yoga

more winsor pilates questions
By TCdancer37
On Thu Jan 18, 2007 05:25 PM

I did go back and read any winsor pilates post for the last 10 pages so i wont ask any repeating questions.Thanks in advance if you answer!

For those that have the circle do you use it in all your workouts or just some of the time?

does anyone know just how many different winsor tapes/dvds are there?

How many of mari's tapes/dvds do you think is enough to have an interesting pilates workout program?

and do you know if its possible to cancel your next order before the next tapes/dvds come in or do you have to wait until they come in and send them back?

5 Replies to more winsor pilates questions

re: more winsor pilates questions
By Jeannie1member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jan 18, 2007 05:29 PM
Well, I guess for how many DVDs/Tapes you could check out her website. I know that I personally own one of the box sets - the full workout, buns and thigh work out, upper body, and abs. And for me, that right there is enough.

I also took pilates classes for 4 years, so I know what muscles to use and how to do the exercises properly to get the full workout. Have you taken actual classes?
By TCdancer37
On Thu Jan 18, 2007 09:14 PM
yes I have taken pilates classes at the gym and dance studio but im trying to save gas money and though I'd ask for winsor pilates for my birthday
By Pasdekatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:06 PM
Personally I would NOT recommend Winsor pilates to a client.
The organization that I am certified with has Winsor Pilates on their "Not Recommended" list as well. I CAN highly recommend the Stott Pilates DVDs though, I use them myself all the time.
By danceland2
On Sat Feb 03, 2007 06:48 PM
PasdeKat...what organization are you certified with? I am just curious. I only know a little about Windsor Pilates. I did take a mat class with Mari Windsor last year at a convention. It was only a very basic class so I couldn't get too much from that. I know that she was certified by Romana but then also put her a litlte of her own method into it. I'm not too sure of the differences but from what I've heard her basics are true to Joseph Pilates' original method.
By Pasdekatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Feb 08, 2007 09:50 AM
I'm not saying Mari Winsor is not a good teacher, I'm sure if one where to take a live class with her like you did that it would be very good, because then you could get corrections and she could watch your form. The basic Mat video is even "OK" but I think that in the videos she tends to go way too fast and not explain things in enough detail. I also don't feel from the videos that I've seen that the form of breathing she teaches is necessarily the best, nor do I especially think the exercises are in the best order. Small disagreements aside though, do I think a class done in the Winsor Pilates style would be unsafe? No. Do I think the videos are unsafe? Honestly, yeah I kinda do. I have people come into my classes telling me that it's not at all what they expected after seeing the infomercial on TV where everything was done "so fast" and that they where pleasantly surprised because my class was doable, whereas they where concerned it wouldn't be after seeing the winsor infomercial.
I don't know exactly how Romana feels about Winsor Pilates, but I do recall watching a documentary about her one of her pupils kind of makes a jab at Winsor Pilates saying something like "It's not how many DVDs you sell or how many talk shows your on that matters, it's how many people you help".
Oh, to answer your other question, the body that I am certified with is PIA (the Pilates Institute of America, piaworkshops.com)

ReplySendWatch