Poll: Irish / Irish - Beginners

Page:
Page 3 of 71 2 3 4 5 6 7
re: Why did you start Irish Dance?
By treblemaker889 Comments: 99, member since Fri Jun 27, 2008
On Tue Jul 08, 2008 03:57 PM
I'm not Irish, but I always loved Irish culture. I've lived in Dublin, OH since I was six, and our town has a HUGE Irish festival every year. I loved watching the dancers, but I never really considered lessons. Last year, my friend was in a non-comp Irish class at our dance studio ( I took hip-hop and gymnastics there). The class wasn't very popular and they were going to cancel it if more people didn't join (It was originally only my friend and her mom!). She asked be to join and I agreed. I didn't think much of the class until about 2 months in. Something just clicked on and I had an epiphany. I dunno what caused it but I've been OBSESSED with Irish dance ever since!!!
By treblemaker889 Comments: 99, member since Fri Jun 27, 2008
On Tue Jul 08, 2008 03:58 PM
I'm not Irish, but I always loved Irish culture. I've lived in Dublin, OH since I was six, and our town has a HUGE Irish festival every year. I loved watching the dancers, but I never really considered lessons. Last year, my friend was in a non-comp Irish class at our dance studio ( I took hip-hop and gymnastics there). The class wasn't very popular and they were going to cancel it if more people didn't join (It was originally only my friend and her mom!). She asked be to join and I agreed. I didn't think much of the class until about 2 months in. Something just clicked on and I had an epiphany. I dunno what caused it but I've been OBSESSED with Irish dance ever since!!!
By Teepee_Wigwam Comments: 14, member since Sat Oct 18, 2008
On Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:46 AM
i am defenitly guily of falling in love with riverdance at a very very young age, but i didn't actually think of trying it untill i saw a live performance. I saw girls my age ( i was around 8 at the time) and i thought it would be fun. sadly there were no dancing school any where near me. about six months later i saw an add for the school that im currently dancing for today. they started teaching classes in a small room in back of a small store. we have now moved on the the local rec center and the school has defenitly grown a lot.
By TheStoryTellermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2238, member since Mon May 19, 2008
On Sat Oct 18, 2008 04:13 PM
AHAHAHAH B*witched XD

for all those wondering what clip everyone is talking about, here it is :www.youtube.com . . . 2:00-2:20 and 2:38-2:43

HAHA
no I joined because I saw a friend do it at a wedding and it looked fun. :)
By bek24 Comments: 276, member since Fri Jan 04, 2008
On Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:08 PM
my original reason was because it followed my ballet class but then i got more and more interested and compliments and i really took to the style so i researched and now im hooked. i dont do comps yet but i want to find a school when i move for uni next year.
By puddelilly Comments: 586, member since Thu Sep 11, 2008
On Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:26 AM
Can't I choose more than one? Heritage, and I watched the shows, and I really needed excersize, and I love the music.
By CeiliStarPremium member Comments: 68, member since Sun Apr 27, 2008
On Fri Oct 31, 2008 02:17 PM
Mine was through heritage although was a long time ago, im now 32!! My Grandma who brought me up was an all ireland champion.
By IrishFool Comments: 10, member since Sun Oct 05, 2008
On Sat Nov 08, 2008 07:27 AM
I saw a River Dance show, and I thought it was the coolest thing:) Thats how I started dancing.
By BetsyD Comments: 24, member since Wed Sep 10, 2008
On Mon Nov 17, 2008 05:54 PM
I was always really jealous of the other girls who did it in elementary school, but I never had any space in my schedule for it. So I started when I got to College and was completely excited to discover that my school had an Irish dancing club.
By DancerGirl4Life Comments: 76, member since Thu Nov 20, 2008
On Wed Dec 24, 2008 08:19 AM
My dad actually forced me to go into ID. He had always been a fan of RiverDance, and wanteed me to be just like Jean Butler. I hated dancing at first, absolutely despised it. But, my dad made me stick with it and I'm soooo happy he did. I love it now!
By treblechild17member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 187, member since Sat Aug 16, 2008
On Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:10 PM
I'm not Irish in the slightest (even though I wish I was!!) and oddly enough, my 100% POLISH friend suggested we try it out so I thought "sure, why not?". She quit after about a year or so because he family moved to Boston (we started in California), and I just couldn't stop! I'm so glad she got me to try Irish Dance!
By shamrocker Comments: 290, member since Fri May 13, 2005
On Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:57 AM
My sister used to teach Irish so I joined and I have to admit, at first I didn't like it but I'm glad I stuck with it because I love it now.
By Pinky92 Comments: 94, member since Thu May 01, 2008
On Sat Dec 27, 2008 01:02 AM
My aunt in England sent us the video of Riverdance. As soon as I saw it I was hooked and everyday after pre school I would try dance along with the girls and Michael Flatley. After about a month mum gave up hiding the video and signed me up for lessons when I was 4.
By Diesel1 Comments: 20, member since Thu Jun 12, 2008
On Tue Jan 13, 2009 03:33 PM
Irish dancing has always been a part of my life. Although I am scottish most of my family are from Ireland so the dancing and the music was all around me from a very young age. Dancing runs in our family, my mum and aunt danced when they were young so I followed and now I have a young son who is only two years old but is staring to show an interest in it and im sure he will be next lol.
Donna
By dancerkatie Comments: 50, member since Sat Dec 27, 2008
On Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:03 AM
it looked good
By E111Premium member Comments: 380, member since Sun Mar 30, 2008
On Mon Jan 26, 2009 06:24 AM
I heard the music from LOTD, then I saw the show on video ande wanted to try :)
By dancemaster12 Comments: 8, member since Tue Dec 09, 2008
On Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:12 PM
because I am part irish and I want to learn as much about my heritage as possible and the dance fascinates me
By sarahbalera Comments: 868, member since Wed Feb 11, 2009
On Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:19 PM
My sisters and their friends started and were enjoying it so I thought 'if you can't beat them, join them!' I re-started 8 years later because I finaly had the time to take it up again!!
By mcc_dancer Comments: 75, member since Wed May 25, 2005
On Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:27 PM
other: my mums a dance teacher
By jigabout Comments: 136, member since Thu Aug 14, 2008
On Tue Feb 17, 2009 09:42 AM
i used to watch Riverdance & LOTD and my DD whos now 8 used to as a toddler try and dance around the room to it and wanted to do it lol
By Wathgwen Comments: 60, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Thu Feb 19, 2009 09:47 AM
I started out with sexyirishdancer after she heard about it from a friend. We checked out Celtic Feet to try to get a head start. I was completely clueless about it, and she picked it up right away. That was four years ago :)
By HelloThereHunn Comments: 51, member since Mon Jul 28, 2008
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 09:19 AM
I saw riverdance live, and lets just say the rest was history. I fell in love haha
By reel_dancer_27member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 199, member since Wed Aug 30, 2006
On Sun Feb 22, 2009 05:07 PM
yup...good ol' Riverdance :)
By SydneysMAID Comments: 37, member since Thu Jan 08, 2009
On Mon Apr 06, 2009 08:19 PM
DD was bored with Ballet at the ripe old age of 6. Watched a River Dance show and that was "Love at First Sight". She has been dancing 3-4 days a week since.
By rainbow_rawr Comments: 642, member since Wed Mar 11, 2009
On Wed Apr 15, 2009 04:39 PM
I started when I was 4 years old! I used to fall down a lot and so my mom signed me up for Irish Dance class because it would strengthen my core. I keep doing it because it's fun!
Page:
Page 3 of 71 2 3 4 5 6 7

ReplySendWatch