Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Competitions

Solo Help
By FuTuReRoCkEtTe
On Wed Jan 24, 2007 08:26 PM
Edited by FuTuReRoCkEtTe (172723) on 2007-01-24 20:28:29

Hey Everyone! I am kinda new to this site so bare with me. I'm a 16 year old girl who is advanced in ballet, tap, jazz lyrical, irish dance, hip hop, etc. This year i wanted to do 2 solos, a jazz and a tap. I really wanted 2 do the song I'm Alive by Celine Dion for jazz but my teacher doesn't like it. Instead of that I am doing Moondance by Michael Buble, and I am still kinda iffey on the song, I dont know if I like it. She said that at competitions, dances in this sort of style seem to score higher than others. Does anyone think this is true? Now I have another problem with my tap solo. For years I wanted to do the song Sing Sing Sing but I never did it because I never knew the name of it. I finally found out and I told my friend I wanted to do it, but then she went and recomended it to her 12 year old sister who now has her heart set on it. My teacher would prefer if I were to do Sing Sing Sing and the 12 year old to do a different song that is cuttier for her age level. If I can't do Sing Sing Sing does anyone know any other songs that are similar, not over-used, and not too slow that I may be able to use. I would really appreciate it since I a starting it next week. Thanks a lot!

3 Replies to Solo Help

re: Solo Help
By TAPPY2
On Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:08 AM
Wow, that's too bad about your song. If you want something upbeat and fast looked at Hey Pachuco or Jumpin Jack by Bryan Sweltzer Orchestra or you can look "Five Guys Named Moe", there are some great tap songs there. Hope you find something soon!
By FuTuReRoCkEtTe
On Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:03 PM
Thank you sooooo much!!! I really like the song Hey Pachuco and it's good because I have never heard it at competitions before meaning that hopefully no one will have the same song. Most likely I will be able to do Sing Sing Sing but if i can't I think I would really like to do this song. Thank you soooo much you helped me A LOT! : )
~Jen~
By TAPPY2
On Fri Jan 26, 2007 02:41 PM
No probelm, anytime :)

ReplySendWatch