Forum: General / Hip Hop / Capoeira

Capoeira
Wanting to add to my creative side...
By LadyA Comments: 4, member since Sat Jan 27, 2007
On Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:57 PM

I wanna learn Capoeira to add a new type of dance to my style. And to strengthen my body anyone who is giving lessons please hit me up!

4 Replies to Wanting to add to my creative side...

You are very lucky
By Listkeeper Comments: 113, member since Sun Sep 08, 2002
On Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:32 PM
that I came on to this forum. I do not show up very often. This is a fairly dead forum. It is also lucky for you that my internet hobby is helping people who are looking for capoeira. There used to be others, but as far as I know I am the only one now. Start by looking at my website: home.znet.com . . . Then if that does not give you anything, get in touch with me, and I will do what I can for you.
I think you are underestimating what capoeira can do for you.
Of course, capoeira will give new ways of movement that will add to your ability to express yourself in dance, and capoeira will bring you to a level of physical fitness that you never dreamed of, but capoeira is much more than that. You will see.
re: Wanting to add to my creative side...
By wacky_NY Comments: 291, member since Mon Sep 16, 2002
On Thu Feb 15, 2007 07:08 AM
Aside from the communal aspects of finding a place to train, check out youtube.com for videos on movements. There was a really good site with high quality vids that I found years ago. If I stumble upon it again, I will share it with y'all.
By SpellieDev Comments: 480, member since Thu Jul 28, 2005
On Fri Feb 16, 2007 01:48 PM
that might have been the mestre barrao instructional vids. they looked pretty good on youtube.
By wacky_NY Comments: 291, member since Mon Sep 16, 2002
On Sat Feb 17, 2007 06:47 AM
i have seen those vids also, but this was a younger person doing each move with name of move. first on google for capoeira basics: www.geocities.com . . .

it has descriptions, drawings and animations. that is definitely a page to read.

ReplySendWatch