Forum: Advice / Health & Nutrition

Page:
Page 5 of 51 2 3 4 5
re: What to know about being vegetarian
By wannabe1 Comments: 24, member since Mon May 26, 2014
On Mon May 26, 2014 03:48 PM
I have been a veggy for a few weeks and now i can pass on to my mum the benefits. Thanks
On Mon May 26, 2014 03:50 PM
I have been a veggy for a few weeks and now i can pass on to my mum the benefits. Thanks
On Mon May 26, 2014 03:51 PM
On Mon May 26, 2014 03:52 PM
By blueswan Comments: 1, member since Sun Jan 11, 2015
On Sun Jan 11, 2015 02:01 PM
Hey there, I've been a vegetarian for about 6 months now. It's pretty easy when I'm at home and can cook what I eat. However, I still don't really know what to do about when I'm out or in a cafeteria like setting. I know there are restaurants that are more vegetarian/vegan friendly but what should I do when I'm at a restaurant or cafeteria with very limited or no vegetarian options?
By Zophia_May Comments: 46, member since Sun Aug 30, 2009
On Fri May 08, 2015 04:52 PM
To blueswan: I suggest looking at the side dishes and entrées. If nothing else, they probably have salads, cooked vegetables or soups. A lot of desserts are vegetarian too. Ask questions! In a restaurant setting, you're the client, and you're entitled to know what you're eating. I make a point of asking nicely, and most of the time I get precise answers, and a vegetarian choice.

I'm vegetarian (almost vegan in fact), and have been for about 10 years for ethical, ecological and health reasons. Nobody else among my relatives is vegan, so I get all kind of comments...often...I stopped making exceptions for "party dishes" a few years ago, because 1-it was making me sick and 2- I felt like I was just lying and pretending to be someone I wasn't.

Thankfully, my god sister was born vegetarian, and we spend a lot of time together. We share cooking ideas (we used to share an apartment too). We just have to be careful when dining out either at a restaurant or with friends. People don't realize that eating animal products will make us literally sick. It's not in our heads, it's because our bodies don't know how to process it...some people don't take us seriously, and that's really frustrating.
By PhilipRehn Comments: 6, member since Mon Aug 01, 2016
On Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:56 AM
Hi new here, I read the article I just want to know if I try to be a vegetarian... How would I start?
By TrumpetsGo Comments: 14, member since Wed Jul 20, 2016
On Wed Aug 03, 2016 08:07 PM
Thanks a lot, it really matters to me because I'm not a vegetarian though only selection of vegetables I ate :) hehe
Page:
Page 5 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatch