Forum: Advice / GLBT PG-13

GLBT PG-13
AHHH! I need a nice, long rant! (karma: 1)
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6414, member since Sat May 15, 2004
On Wed Feb 21, 2007 09:15 PM

Okay, so awhile back, I posted about forming a GSA in our school.

To make a long story short, we had to jump through all these newly created hoops to make it happen. As in, we turned the proposal in in November, redid it and amde a consitution in December, and FINALLY the school bboard voted on it in February.

After we got the ACLU involved.

One school board member voted against it. Inexpliably (Okay, well, I suppose I could tell you why, but she had no objective reason to vote against its formation)

Anyway, so a really great article was written about it's approval in the paper. It was awesome.

And the articles from the paper are posted on the website and then people can like respond to the articles. A forum type thing.I read the comments relating to the article today and seriously wanted to throw up.

It included some of the most disgusting comments I have ever read before in my life. And even more reason why a GSA needs to be made!

Like I understand that everyone can have their opinion, but when people say things like

I am one that is up in arms about our public school system promoting and facilitating a destructive lifestyle.

These "gays" need to go back to the closet where they belong.

That's jsut plain...there isn't even a word for what I am trying to say.

7 Replies to AHHH! I need a nice, long rant!

re: AHHH! I need a nice, long rant!
By Heartmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 15032, member since Thu Feb 14, 2002
On Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:30 AM
Well, congratulations on getting your GSA! That's very exciting, so good for you!

Hopefully you can educate these awful people :?
By dancing_barbie17 Comments: 213, member since Sat Mar 12, 2005
On Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:25 AM
sorry if this is a dumb question but what is a GSA?
oh and those comments are just showing how stupid and narrow minded people can be, the only thing you can do is to rise above people like that, theyre really not worth it.
By mr_weird_guy Comments: 2655, member since Sat Oct 12, 2002
On Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:28 PM
Gay Straight Alliance
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6414, member since Sat May 15, 2004
On Fri Feb 23, 2007 07:32 PM
Yeah, it is a really exciting that it did get approved. And there ahve been some really excellent positive feedback too. My friend (aka the founder) was quoted in the article about it and the next day allt he teachers were congratulating him. We applauded him in our French class, lol. And one teacher wrote him a card.

So I suppose we are lucky that our GSA was approved, however negative responses are disheartening. We shall carry on!
re: AHHH! I need a nice, long rant! (karma: 1)
By mozzy Comments: 449, member since Sat Nov 06, 2004
On Sat Feb 24, 2007 06:16 AM
The negative comments just show how much the GSA is needed! There's only so much that can be achieved by rising above people. People are too willing to stay fixed on traditions and the past. As the next generation we shoulld'nt be focussed on the past, but on the future. These times they are a changing :) Good luck!
By spanishb_girl Comments: 684, member since Sun Aug 22, 2004
On Wed Mar 07, 2007 07:15 PM
honestly dont' pay attention to those people they are ignorant. Their speaking without knowing and judging something they know little about.
By Spinner_Guy Comments: 24, member since Thu Mar 01, 2007
On Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:55 PM
Laws meant to impede the formation of High School GSA's are springing up all over.

In some schools, all student clubs have been banned rather than allow gays to have an organization. Other schools require parental permission to join any club. That would mean straight kids would have to reveal to their parents that they hang out with gays. Gay kids would have to "out" themselves to their parents or lie.

A new tactic is to allow the school to ban any club that deals with human sexuality. Now what other sexual clubs might there be in a high school? The Masturbation Club? The Make-Out Discussion Group? The Circumcision Society? Not! There's only one group that these rules are aimed at - the GSA's.

Stay alert - new and clever discriminations against gays and lesbians are being instituted every day in America. Straight Americans are afraid to stick up for gays, just like many Germans were afraid to come to the defense of the Jews. They're afraid they'll be suspected of "being one."

ReplySendWatch