Forum: Folk / Polynesian Dance

Im on the hunt...
By cleoNY
On Thu Feb 22, 2007 03:15 PM

Aloha, Iorana, and Hello!

Im looking for the next big song. I know recently people have been using that Siva Pacifica song, Jungle, but Ive done that already. Im choreographing a Tahitian semi-ote'a, so I want a
Polynesian song full of toere, pahu, etc... But i just loved the voices in the Anthony Copping song. Does anyone have any suggestions. PS I love Te Vaka, but I cant seem to find that one perfect song. I dunno. Thank you, mauruuruu, mahalo, and have a wonderful day.

Aloha!

5 Replies to Im on the hunt...

re: Im on the hunt...
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:34 PM
"I'm on the hunt, I'm after you..."

Sorry for finishing your sentence by quoting Duran Duran's 'Hungry Like the Wolf'! I've just seen this thread sitting here and sitting her for days, no one's responded and I just felt like, darnit' I wanna help her!

Tragedy is, I'm nowhere near as knowledge about Tahitian music as I am about Hawaiian.

PM Doomed Fairy or Kaleonahenahe. Most people on DDN have PM notifications that get sent to their regular Emails. Oh, and there's another member, AuntyMapuana I think her name is. She might know a few Tahtian songs, too. PM'em all!
By cleoNY
On Tue Feb 27, 2007 04:22 PM
haha, thank you.

Actually, I got three PMs, voluntarily. No stalking necessary. Nice of you to think of me though. Hope everything is good in life for everyone these days
By papillon
On Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:21 PM
I'm curious! I'm actually in the same situation. What did you come up with?
Tahitian Ote'a
By DanceTahiti
On Sun Mar 18, 2007 09:01 PM
Hello! Ia Ora Na.
Where are you located? What do you mean by 'semi' ote'a?
I am Tahitian and have lots of drum music. We have a Tahitian troupe in NM and recently acquired live drummers, for which we are thrilled. Did you find music? Let me know.

Best
Kareva
kareva.niramar.com
im on the hunt
By chuckupu
On Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:24 PM
Kia orana from New Zealand,
My name is Chuck Upu and I am the Artistic Director for a polynesian cultural entertainment and tourism company called Soifua, Village Polynesia based in Auckland. I have also co-produced Cook Islands music for a number of artists for the past 15 years and have a broad knowledge of polynesian music.
I read your blogs for 'something different' and I think I can help create a unique repertoire of music and drumming. For more info check out soifua.com or you can email me at chuck@soifua.com.

ReplySendWatch