Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 1 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Disco Advice
Makeup FAQ! (karma: 15)
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Thu Feb 22, 2007 09:11 PM
Made sticky by Theresa (28613) on 2007-02-22 21:12:46

<b>Makeup FAQ</b>

<b>General Makeup Advice</b>

<b>Tip One:</b> Apply cream blusher over your foundation. Then, after applying your face powder, apply powder blusher. Stays all day!

<b>Tip Two:</b> When applying false eyelashes, allow the glue to sit for a second before applying the lashes. The glue will dry slightly, and become slightly tacky, which allows it to stick much better! Also, apply the lashes first, before any of the rest of your eye makeup.

<b>Tip Three:</b> I think it looks best to use a shadow that matches your cozzie, and then white eyeshadow around it. And use eyeliner under your eyelashes!

<b>Tip Four:</b> I’m not kidding now – for inspiration for makeup…look at drag queens. They always have the best makeup, and it stands out miles on the stage, for sure!

<b>Tip Five:</b> I think your makeup shouldn’t match your costume, because I think it stands out a lot more if you don’t always match!

<b>Tip Six:</b> After you put on your fake tan, use Palmers Coca Butter Body Gloss. It gives you a little extra shimmer, and it smells so good!

<b>Tip Seven:</b> Use a compressed eyeshadow, like Bourjois or Urban Decay. Apply with a damp, sponge tipped applicator, and then blend, blend, BLEND for that vivid smokey look. Use the same shadow again, applied with a damp sponge, and you even have your eyeliner. It’ll never run, never smudge – and you’ve always got the perfect matching liner!

Always have glossy black false lashes, and bright red lipstick!

<b>Tip Eight:</b> Make sure that your face makeup matches the color of your fake tan!

<b>Questions…</b>

<b>1. How do you put makeup on a little one? I can put the makeup on, and it looks good at the beginning of the day, but by the end of the day, it’s been pulled, and picked at so much, it’s practically worn off! I’ve had some good luck with skipping the mascara, but does anyone else have any advice?</b>

<b>Tip One:</b> Apply vaseline! Use a small bit before you apply eyeshadow. Although, be warned that it does make the eyshadow appear a bit darker.

<b>Tip Two:</b> I find that Barry M and MAC are the best makeups to use. MAC is expensive, but it lasts for ages! Snazzero is good as well, although we found that Aimee broke out in a rash from using it! 

<b>Tip Three:</b> I like Bourjois – I find that it stays on very well. I also use vaseline, and think it really helps!

<b>Tip Four:</b> To keep my glitter on, I use a little bit of baby oil!

<b>Tip Five:</b> I use Bourjois makeup too – before my mum puts it on, she mixes it with a bit of water, and it stays very well!

<b>2. I’ve noticed that a lot of Champ dancers wear black and white makeup, or sometimes chocolate brown and white. I think that that looks really classy, and I’d love to start wearing my makeup the same way, but I can’t seem to find makeups that are thick enough. I don’t want to wear face paint though. What brands do you recommend?</b>

<b>Tip One:</b> Barry M

<b>Tip Two:</b> Bourjois, MAC, Urban Decay

<b>Tip Three:</b> Stargazers or Makeup For Ever

<b>Tip Four:</b> L’Oreal. And don’t forget lots of black eyeliner!

<b>3. I need to restock my makeup box. Any ideas for what I need?</b>

<b>Tip One:</b> Make sure to get your basics, and then you can just build from there with what you need!

Eyelashes, eyelash glue, a variety of eyeshadow colors, eyeliner, foundation, face paint, bright lipsticks, blush, stones, glitter, hair spray, hair gel, vaseline, safety pins, marker for number, plasters, bandages (can be very handy for injuries!)

<b>Tip Two:</b> I always think about it for every separate thing. Like this:

<b>Skin Base:</b>
Concelaer
Fondation
Bronzer
Blusher
All brushes

<b>Eyes:</b>
Base eye shadow
All your eye shadows that you need,
Eyelashes/ Mascara
Eyeliner
Stones
Spirit Gum
Barry M dazzle dust

<b>Lips:</b>
Lip liner
Lipstick
Over coat if you use it

Glitter
I always have my earrings in my makeup box too
Dont forget your brushes for everything lol and sponges - and wipes!

<b>Tip Three:</b> Don’t forget tan! Sometimes your tan will rub off, so tan, and a sponge to reapply is very helpful! Don’t forget a mirror, because otherwise you have to go to the toilets to apply your makeup!

<b>Tip Four:</b> Don’t forget Extra bobbles and elastics, a bristle brush is great for getting all your hair back and for keeping all the stray hairs back..., Hair grips, Hair spray
Extra eye shadow appliers incase they break lol, ear buds too apply stones with really helps lol.

<b>4. I like my makeup, but I’m looking for a way to update it, or change it. Any tips?</b>

<b>Tip One:</b> Use stones! That’s the easiest change there is!

<b>Tip Two:</b> Change your colors a little – maybe change to a different color, or if you use black and white, use more black and less of the white

<b>Tip Three:</b> Use false eyelashes!

<b>5. Can anyone recommend any black and white eyemakeup?</b>

<b>Tip One:</b> MAC, Barry M, Bourjois, and Clarins

<b>6. How much makeup is OK to put on my little one? I put a little, but we don’t use fake tan, or anything like that. Should we be using more, so she will stand out? And is nail varnish allowed?</b>

<b>Tip One:</b> I’d use fake tan for sure. Because your little one is so young, I’d use Sun Shimmer, or Sexy Hair Tan, which both wash off. Don’t go overboard with the makeup, but maybe a highlighter, and a strong color on her eyes to match her costume. Style her hair well, and I’m sure she’ll look great!

<b>Tip Two:</b> I use fake tan on my daughter as well. I also use a color on her eyes that matches her costume, and some color on her lips to make her smile stand out. I put nail varnish on her – I’m not sure if it’s in the rules or not, but I’ve always done it, and never gotten any complaints!

<b>Tip Three:</b> Do only what you feel comfortable with. I wouldn’t personally use fake tan on my little one, but I’m not bothered by people that do. I usually use liquid eyeliner on each eye, a little face paint above the eyeliner to match the costumes, glitter and face paint on the cheekbones. Lipstick is natural to add shine and look nice. And, don’t all little girls like to wear nail varnish?

<b>7. Where do you all get your makeup boxes?</b>

<b>Tip One:</b> B&Q.

<b>Tip Two:</b> beauty-boxes.co.uk

<b>Tip Three:</b> Boots

<b>Tip Four:</b> Sephora

<b>Tip Five:</b> New Look

<b>Tip Six:</b> Savers!

<b>Note: Ask all your makeup questions, and offer any makeup tips, in this thread, and this thread only!</b>

181 Replies to Makeup FAQ!

re: Makeup FAQ!
By chloeisfit Comments: 1453, member since Sun Aug 14, 2005
On Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:02 PM
Hi
Great post with lots of usefull information!
love
chloe
xxx
By sparkling_stacey Comments: 417, member since Sat Nov 11, 2006
On Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:31 PM
Great post
hopefully we will not have as many make up post now!!
Thanks Theresa, i have been looking for a make up box for ages!!!
x stacey x
By ABIGAIL08 Comments: 881, member since Sat May 15, 2004
On Fri Feb 23, 2007 01:05 PM
Hey

Thank you, this is great advice

Regards

Anita

x
By live_life_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 11529, member since Mon Mar 28, 2005
On Fri Feb 23, 2007 02:29 PM
Did you get all that info from past posts on makeup because im almost certain some of my replies are in there hahah

Great post hopefully stop others popping up xx
By julieg Comments: 28, member since Fri Feb 02, 2007
On Sat Feb 24, 2007 05:15 AM
hi i have read some good advice on makeup glad i looked through.thanks.xx
julieg&ellie
By Discodancestar Comments: 85, member since Sat Feb 24, 2007
On Sat Feb 24, 2007 05:40 AM
Great tips, I have to restock everything in my makeup box as i have got loads of big comps coming up so decided it was best to get everything new. So this post came up at the right time for me. Thanks

Caroline
great
By shelly5 Comments: 20, member since Sat Dec 09, 2006
On Sat Feb 24, 2007 01:43 PM
wow great post
xxxx
By live_life_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 11529, member since Mon Mar 28, 2005
On Wed Feb 28, 2007 05:11 AM
Question for all of yeee lol :P

Need to buy a new bronzer for dancing
Face powder, dont know what one to buy, i use Rimmel at the minute, but i dont really like the colour of it

Any one?

Aine x
By Danni16189 Comments: 22, member since Mon May 10, 2004
On Tue Mar 13, 2007 03:13 AM
Thanx for all the advice and information. its reli useful xxxxxx
By Polkafairy Comments: 324, member since Wed Mar 21, 2007
On Wed Mar 21, 2007 02:51 PM
Gd tips! Make-up is so important in dance,I just hate seeing people go out on the floor with either no make-up or bad make-up.
Maybe posts like these will help people realise!
By jen1875 Comments: 140, member since Sat Oct 28, 2006
On Mon Mar 26, 2007 08:39 AM
Hi, can anyone tell me whats the best applicator to use with Barry M Dazzle dust, should it be a sponge applicator or a brush just so it lasts most of the day without having to re-apply

Thanks for any help
By toriistylemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 82, member since Sat Mar 24, 2007
On Wed Mar 28, 2007 05:07 AM
Hey xx

I love Barry M's dazzle dust but I do find some colours can go on a little weak. If you use a sponge applicator, it will take a little longer to apply as the surface area is smaller, but I find it goes on better.

Also, I find putting some instant tan in the hollows of your cheeks creates the illusion of sharp cheek bones if anyone is hoping to create that look!

torii xx
By jen1875 Comments: 140, member since Sat Oct 28, 2006
On Wed Mar 28, 2007 08:25 AM
great thanks for your help - thought might be better doing that think maybe if its damp it will go on better??

Any advice is great

thanks again

x
By XPrincessTailzXmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 201, member since Mon Apr 02, 2007
On Tue Apr 03, 2007 05:23 AM
Hiya
This advice is great! might try it sometime
Thanks
Tailz xxxx
By Dance_L0vemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 434, member since Thu Apr 19, 2007
On Sat Apr 28, 2007 04:57 AM
Thanks for the advice, it was all really good!
I love bourjois and barry M makeup (especially the dazzle dust!)
But yeah i have to agree with toristyle - my dazzle dust fades after a while so theres still colour but not glittery/sparkly an slightly paler, less obvious.
Makeup FAQ!
By kitcatpopmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1415, member since Sat Mar 10, 2007
On Sat Apr 28, 2007 09:14 AM
hiya,

wow great post :P

i hope people will listen carefully and dont
egnore it because it must of took forever :P

bye xxxx
hey
By disco_dancer4member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 323, member since Sun Sep 03, 2006
On Mon Apr 30, 2007 03:31 AM
Great post ther...
alot of info
dont no wther il have tym 2 do all tht tho lol
??
By Shauna_Dancah13 Comments: 31, member since Wed Dec 13, 2006
On Fri May 04, 2007 02:17 AM
Do These Tips Apply For Begginers aswell ??
By LiiNZiimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 75, member since Wed Dec 13, 2006
On Mon May 21, 2007 09:09 AM
Hi

I Use Barry M Dazzle Dust !

And I Find If You Put Vasaline Or Cream Eyeshadow On Before It It Stays On Alot Longer

Love Linzi x
By xx_H3iDZmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 99, member since Sun Jan 28, 2007
On Mon May 28, 2007 02:30 PM
Thankyouuu :D:D:D
this has helped me soo much!!
heidi xx
Makeup FAQ!
By DancerShannon_x Comments: 314, member since Tue May 29, 2007
On Tue May 29, 2007 06:38 AM
hiya,
really great post helps soo much ! does anyone know where i can get lipstick ( preflably pink or light red ) that lasts a whole day (or more)? this would really help if you can get back to me !

Thanks,hope this helps shannon x
By KelseeGee Comments: 96, member since Mon May 28, 2007
On Tue May 29, 2007 06:58 AM
Great Information! But are you allowed to wear face diamonds if your a begginer i've been wondering for ages!
kelsee x
By Siri729member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 51, member since Thu Mar 30, 2006
On Mon Jun 18, 2007 02:43 AM
Thank you, for a really good, and helpful post:)

xxSiri729
By freestyle_angelmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1041, member since Thu Jun 28, 2007
On Thu Jun 28, 2007 07:03 AM
Avon do great bronzers and they last for ages and there not badly priced and you normally get great offers hope this helps

kizzy xx
Page:
Page 1 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ReplySendWatch